Author Topic: Zoo Day Spoilers Are the gods watching over Dresden?  (Read 7044 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Zoo Day Spoilers Are the gods watching over Dresden?
« on: June 15, 2018, 03:57:09 AM »
I suspected in the past that the powers that be have been pulling strings behind the scene to protect Dresden when possible.  Mouse in Zoo Day says "I would have to trust to fortune, and the Almighty and Queen Mab and Odin and whatever other friendly Powers that might be watching that My Friend would, please, please, please be all right"

Think that this indicates that they really are watching over Harry as best they can as the Laws allow?  I think there are forces of good, and evil doing all kinds of crazy shit behind the scenes when it comes to Dresden and we are only seeing the tiny parts that Dresden has been handling.  Kind of like Little Chicago not blowing his head off.  Its a chess match to see where the Starborn falls
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Zoo Day Spoilers Are the gods watching over Dresden?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 04:19:02 AM »
Well, there's watching over, and then just plain watching.  I think there's a little bit of both, but probably more just watching than watching over.

Of course, it only takes one or two times to make the difference.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 04:20:39 AM »
Oh, OH. lol, the real indicator there is that fortune is described on the list of the powers that be. Fortuna, Nemesis, ect... they are like comparing the greek and roman deities. Fate itself is watching Harry, be it the good or bad version imo.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 03:59:20 PM »
I think if Mouse had meant a deity or entity of fortune, it would have had a capital letter. He sure throws enough of them around and is smart enough to include one if it were warranted.

This is more of a semi-desperate prayer that Harry's going to be OK, not a literal list of the entities that are personally involved.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 04:35:24 PM »
I think if Mouse had meant a deity or entity of fortune, it would have had a capital letter. He sure throws enough of them around and is smart enough to include one if it were warranted.

This is more of a semi-desperate prayer that Harry's going to be OK, not a literal list of the entities that are personally involved.
Well, Mab, Odin, and the Almighty's top-tier lieutenant are all specifically personally involved with Harry.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 04:49:43 PM »
Might make sure the lack of emphasis is not Groin's.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 05:06:33 PM »
I did, it's a lower case f in the book
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 03:32:05 PM »
I did, it's a lower case f in the book
That was a mistake. The great goddess Fortuna will personally explain this to Mouse in great detail during peace talks.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dashkull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 06:06:37 AM »
I suspected in the past that the powers that be have been pulling strings behind the scene to protect Dresden when possible.  Mouse in Zoo Day says "I would have to trust to fortune, and the Almighty and Queen Mab and Odin and whatever other friendly Powers that might be watching that My Friend would, please, please, please be all right"

That line stuck out to me as well. Queen Mab a friendly power watching Harry? Im not sure if that is Mouse's optimistic nature or if he knows more about her than we do.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 08:58:28 AM »
That line stuck out to me as well. Queen Mab a friendly power watching Harry? Im not sure if that is Mouse's optimistic nature or if he knows more about her than we do.
Fortuna is also not really a friendly power watching over Harry but she can help sometimes.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 06:53:02 AM »

I think it just means that she's friendly towards Harry in that their interests align/they are nominally on the same side.

As for Fortune, Mouse was clearly not talking about the actual Goddess there. There's no way Harry Dresden of all people is under the auspices of a Deity of Luck. One look at his life should tell you that.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 06:33:55 PM »

Well, I think he knows she is Murphy. :)
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 01:28:50 AM »
I think it just means that she's friendly towards Harry in that their interests align/they are nominally on the same side.

As for Fortune, Mouse was clearly not talking about the actual Goddess there. There's no way Harry Dresden of all people is under the auspices of a Deity of Luck. One look at his life should tell you that.
Who said it was good luck?

I mean, no, of course not.  But still.

Offline Jcarlson171

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 01:46:46 AM »
Perhaps Mouse measures friendly by different standards? He did spend a bunch of time talking about how stupid humans are however dogs can help. So far all three have interfered to help Harry out of some kind of situation more than once. IMO Mouse would state something like "Their hearts say they are friends"

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 06:12:50 AM »
There's no way Harry Dresden of all people is under the auspices of a Deity of Luck. One look at his life should tell you that.

lol Him surviving things he should not have survived, and defeated things he should not have defeated?  Seems pretty lucky to me!  Harry has had plenty of chances to get with beautiful women, he made decisions that kept him from those women.  He could have been rich by working for Marcone, he chose not to do that.  Luck has been there, Harry has chosen not to go after those materialistic or lustful things.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:15:14 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.