Author Topic: WAG.... Murphy has moved on  (Read 65505 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: WAG.... Murphy has moved on
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2018, 04:51:42 PM »
Well, there is woj that there will be a time travel plot. There is a law against traveling against the currents of time. There is a woj that Harry will break it.  Other people beyond Harry have the ability to mess with time. -Harry will summon Harry to another reality. Jim likes and wanted to emulate Babylon 5 which had a time loop.  There is wojl that time/alternate realities are like frequencies.  It seems reasonable that there may be people attuned to picking up on the frequencies of alternate realities based on little things that occur within them.  We have woj that Jim introduces important characters in the first chapter as it related to the prisoner at demonreach in skin game.  It stands reasonable to assume that the mailman in the first chapter of the first book of the series that mouse has never objected to is more than vanilla.  We do know that there is an inconsistency on exactly which floor Harry's office is on.  Jim has mentioned in reply to some inconsistencies, huh, as in I wonder why.

This forum would be a much duller place had we not have people who push the boundaries with their ideas and thoughts.  We wouldn't have the series at all if Jim hadn't done so himself.  And somehow when we try to put things together we are derided. What theories have you put forth.  What have you tried to imagine. Are you afraid of being wrong.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2018, 04:55:17 PM »
And I wasn't the first to subscribe to the idea of some sort of intellectual amongst past, present, future Mabs.  Ms. Duck argued similarly at some point too.

I mean if a winter queen can ever send a winter knight back into the past or into an alternate reality, there exists the possibility that this individual will interact with a different Mab.  We also have prophetic beings that do exist on wavelengths in past present and future.  Who is to say they aren't feeding mab information about the future.  And if you can have future leading to the past then obviously mab could get info from it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 05:00:31 PM by raidem »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2018, 04:59:07 PM »
And I wasn't the first to subscribe to the idea of some sort of intellectual amongst past, present, future Mabs.  Ms. Duck argued similarly at some point too.
Isn't it obvious? Mab has her own form of intellectus that tells her things about her past and future, same mechanism by which she knows the chess board set up vs Titania and when it's whose turn to balance whom, though battleship might be more accurate lol. They know a move is made, not always what move.
*i'd think anything within her domain... but really, intellectus should be broken down into more terms... look at toot toot, he knows german but isn't 'intellectused' that we know... but he does have that 'I just know this thing' quality in places...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 05:01:37 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2018, 05:04:49 PM »
I agree.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2018, 05:20:55 PM »
What theories have you put forth.  What have you tried to imagine. Are you afraid of being wrong.
This may come as a shock but some of us are fully capable of discussing and enjoying the books without coming up with oddball theories or trying to push them in every discussion.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2018, 05:29:45 PM »
You know what I'm wondering.  How is Murphy going to respond when she finds out Kincaid was the trigger man who shot Harry?  Even though Dresden hired him, I don't expect Murphy's response to be anything less than explosive!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 05:39:51 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »
You know what I'm wondering.  How is Murphy going to respond when she finds out Kincaid was the trigger man who shot Harry?  Even though Dresden hired him, I don't expect Murphy's response to be anything less than explosive!
I have a hard time believing she doesn't already know, or at least heavily suspect it, especially if Harry's musings on the subject are anything to go by.

I wouldn't expect her to do much, unless she finds out suddenly, while Kincaid is in the room with her. I don't see her as going after him otherwise, since she knows what he's capable of and that he's likely to take her out even if she does kill him. And getting yourself killed avenging a man is a little silly when the man you're avenging is not, in fact, still dead.

In fact, didn't they talk about it in either Cold Days or Skin Game?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2018, 06:07:06 PM »
I have a hard time believing she doesn't already know, or at least heavily suspect it, especially if Harry's musings on the subject are anything to go by.

I wouldn't expect her to do much, unless she finds out suddenly, while Kincaid is in the room with her. I don't see her as going after him otherwise, since she knows what he's capable of and that he's likely to take her out even if she does kill him. And getting yourself killed avenging a man is a little silly when the man you're avenging is not, in fact, still dead.

Tough to tell.  This isn't just a guy she knows.  It's a guy she had been sleeping with.  She may feel that he owed her at least the opportunity to try and stop Harry from having himself killed.

I don't recall.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2018, 07:21:05 PM »
This may come as a shock but some of us are fully capable of discussing and enjoying the books without coming up with oddball theories or trying to push them in every discussion.
And if there is truth, or some truth, to the odd ball theory, how will you feel when some of them are right. 

Oh wait. I remember.  You said sometimes you dread reading the next book for fear some of the theories you found distasteful and that have been argued on this forum might come true.

Besides that I was making a point before that it is rather easy to not create 'oddball' theories.  I've made a Murphy=Mab theory that is similar to Ms. Duck's Molly=Mab theory.  I use it while reading the Dresden Files.  In doing so, I get the quirks of the interplay etc if in fact Murphy ends up Mab, which I wouldn't get until I finally found out that she was Mab.  Using the construct, I can also make predictions.  Since my theory is durable, I can apply it in many different situations which is why it can pop up many times on this forum.  I also like to find ways I can weave it when I find inconsistencies.  I'll have to later focus more on those but still, it is a work in progress.  At least I don't spend my time arguing the same argument about Murphy with Mira.

I actually do something I enjoy.  Unless you actually enjoy arguing with her, in which case keep doing so.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:42:07 PM by raidem »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2018, 07:38:10 PM »

They didn't.  Though, I did get the impression in Cold Days that Murphy had put it together about Molly.  And in GS, it was apparent she knew Kincaid had killed Harry but she most likely didn't know who had hired him.  Harry pointed out that Murphy left out Kincaid as one option as the murderer.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:40:52 PM by raidem »

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »
And if there is truth, or some truth, to the odd ball theory, how will you feel when some of them are right.
Dunno, so far I haven't seen an oddball theory come anywhere close, and I'm pretty confident they're not going to.

Oh wait. I remember.  You said sometimes you dread reading the next book for fear some of the theories you found distasteful and that have been argued on this forum might come true.
That's not quite what I said or meant.

When I did say that, I did not mean things like "Murphy = Mab," because I'm extremely confident that such theories are nowhere near anything that Butcher actually has planned for the series, and I don't take them remotely seriously enough to think they'd actually have any bearing at all on the books.

I'm more thinking, "I hope he doesn't kill off Murphy, because we'll never heard the end of it from the people who hate her."

Besides that I was making a point before that it is rather easy to not create 'oddball' theories.  I've made a Murphy=Mab theory that is similar to Ms. Duck's Molly=Mab theory.  I use it while reading the Dresden Files.  In doing so, I get the quirks of the interplay etc if in fact Murphy ends up Mab, which I wouldn't get until I finally found out that she was Mab.  Using the construct, I can also make predictions.  Since my theory is durable, I can apply it in many different situations which is why it can pop up many times on this forum.  I also like to find ways I can weave it when I find inconsistencies.  I'll have to later focus more on those but still, it is a work in progress.  At least I don't spend my time arguing the same argument about Murphy with Mira.

I actually do something I enjoy.  Unless you actually enjoy arguing with her, in which case keep doing so.
And you can do all that without inserting it into every thread that has anything to do with Murphy.

Really, that's the issue I take. Not that you have the theory (and you'll note that, for the most part, I just don't go into the threads you've started on the subject), but that you seem to push it into every discussion that involves Murphy, whether it's pertinent to the discussion or not.

It's irritating when a theory that I don't see any basis for and have no interest in keeps constantly intruding on the few discussions on this board I am interested in. It's like, "Ok, yes, we heard you the first time. And the second time. And the seventh time. You're saying it a ninth time now and it's getting on people's nerves."

They didn't.  Though, I did get the impression in Cold Days that Murphy had put it together about Molly.  And in GS, it was apparent she knew Kincaid had killed Harry but she most likely didn't know who had hired him.  Harry pointed out that Murphy left out Kincaid as one option as the murderer.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Between them, Murphy and Harry seem to imply that Murphy knows, though I suppose until one of them says something outright we won't know for sure.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2018, 10:59:40 PM »
Dunno, so far I haven't seen an oddball theory come anywhere close, and I'm pretty confident they're not going to.
Challenge Accepted. See any one of my theories on Arthurian legend, or pretty much anything to do with the gyre or history repeating or ect. :)
dread reading the next book for fear some of the theories you found distasteful and that have been argued on this forum might come true.
And every time a new book comes out I relish the look on peoples faces when some of mine do come true mwahahahaha.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2018, 11:32:16 PM »
I'm glad you are here Jonas.  I think we and some others do a great service in introducing 'odd ball' theories.  I mean without "odd" theories there is a dimenishment of non odd theories until odd is defined.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:35:16 PM by raidem »

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2018, 12:49:15 AM »
The reason why I think Murphy taking up the mantle of Mab in the future is a possibility is because there is a reasonable chance that Mab will fall in the final battle.

If we use Codex Alera as a reference: The outsiders is the Vord and Mab is probably the closest to take the role of firstlord Sextus.

Someone has to die heroicly during the BAT. It is needed to project that sense of deepest darkness and despair before the dawn thing, before our hero protagonist saved the day in the end.

This character must be influencial, powerful and instrumental in the fight against the enemy. Mab is a good candidate for that, and though Molly is the winter lady and suppose to replace Mab precisely in case of such an event, it is hard to do things orderly during the chaos of war. A backup plan must already be put into place and Murphy being one of the backup candidate is not completely out of the realm of possibility.
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2018, 01:41:35 PM »
I think Mother Winter will end up dying too.  I mean her dying is much more powerful at stakes type of event than even Mab.

We do have a WOJ about one of the Mother's dying/changing and its result on the Fae.  He was talking though with respect to the abdication I believe of the last Mother Summer, or possibly the theoretical changing of that position in the future.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:43:34 PM by raidem »