Author Topic: WAG.... Murphy has moved on  (Read 64476 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: WAG.... Murphy has moved on
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2018, 08:20:10 PM »
Not all Mantles work the same.

We know for a fact that the Knight mantles do not work that way.

"Fact" is a strong word that should be used carefully.  In one case we have the Knight Mantle going to the Summer Lady, in another we have the Winter Knight Mantle not going to the Lady upon the death of the Winter Knight.  I don't think we know for a fact what exactly the Mantle does or why, only some strong evidence that it goes back to Winter/Summer.  Even Titania thought Winter had somehow stolen the Summer Knight Mantle, so we don't know how exactly it works.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2018, 09:02:12 PM »
"Fact" is a strong word that should be used carefully.  In one case we have the Knight Mantle going to the Summer Lady, in another we have the Winter Knight Mantle not going to the Lady upon the death of the Winter Knight.  I don't think we know for a fact what exactly the Mantle does or why, only some strong evidence that it goes back to Winter/Summer.  Even Titania thought Winter had somehow stolen the Summer Knight Mantle, so we don't know how exactly it works.
We don't, and do, Can't remember whom but someone said it goes back to the nearest reflection of itself... It being more or less a 'shadow' like Lasciel's, a bit connected directly to them, it would tend therefor to go back to one of them.... except if a greater mirror should exist that has not been identified. Though the table itself is kinda the cause of why the WK did not go to the lady or queen directly(which Mab was closer...)
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2018, 01:30:28 AM »
I think they’re a bad match to begin with. While she had her career, self esteem and so intact, she had no real interest. It was only after her self esteem, self worth, etc. was laid low that she changed her standards. I think she was quite correct with her initial assessment; that she and Dresden were a poor match. So, I think, if it follows how this sort of thing would go in reality, their relationship won’t last very long or be very healthy for her.

I think they’re both pretty difficult people, but looking at it from a woman’s point of view, Dresden is a terrible potential partner.

As for “powers” or whatnot, she should definitely stay a normal person. Not every character needs to be related somehow or be granted super powers. The narrative needs a normal person’s perspective.

Offline Dashkull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2018, 06:03:22 AM »

I think they’re both pretty difficult people, but looking at it from a woman’s point of view, Dresden is a terrible potential partner.

I generally hate shipping threads, especially Murphy ones, but I am curious. I assume from your name you are a female, what about Harry makes you think he would be a terrible partner? Aside from the potential of putting his love interests in danger, since that would obviously scare a lot of real people away, but in the books it would not be something that Murphy would see as a negative.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2018, 09:11:01 AM »
I think Karen's original accessement was correct for all the reasons she stated but her current accessment is correct as well. Harry has changed, Karen has changed, the world has changed and what both are looking for in a relation has changed.

And they are both older.

Family, children, stable life? they are all out of the picture but what they have is shared history and a very good understanding of each other. They are both older and there are a lot of things they can not share with anyone else. There are a lot of things they can not share with or explain to anyone else.

They can be each others emotional support. It can work out.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2018, 12:17:04 PM »
I generally hate shipping threads, especially Murphy ones, but I am curious. I assume from your name you are a female, what about Harry makes you think he would be a terrible partner? Aside from the potential of putting his love interests in danger, since that would obviously scare a lot of real people away, but in the books it would not be something that Murphy would see as a negative.
Aesthetics and such aside, his life is a mess. He’s not even his own man anymore. What sort of relationship can people even have like that? One of settling and convenience, really. But as a real partner, Dresden isn’t able to offer much. In terms of just having some comfort or whatnot, he’d do for something casual if you were into his look and lifestyle. Then again, any nice looking guy who didn’t have expectations would be better for something casual as Dresden does have expectations while being completely unsuited to what he wants. In the future, if he survives and his life is his own again and no longer a shitshow, he might be a better candidate. Right now, though, his life is a disaster.

And, I’m not into “shipping” discussions, either. I don’t care who Dresden sleeps with. Was just commenting that this relationship seems doomed from a story point of view if it is realistic. Also, the name means “bliss” in sanskrit and so is just a word I like the look and sound of. It was the name of the buddha’s male relative, but can also be a female name. I am a woman, though, so that assumption was right. :P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:26:41 PM by Ananda »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2018, 01:45:37 PM »
I think Karen's original accessement was correct for all the reasons she stated but her current accessment is correct as well. Harry has changed, Karen has changed, the world has changed and what both are looking for in a relation has changed.

And they are both older.

Family, children, stable life? they are all out of the picture but what they have is shared history and a very good understanding of each other. They are both older and there are a lot of things they can not share with anyone else. There are a lot of things they can not share with or explain to anyone else.

They can be each others emotional support. It can work out.

They have changed and they are older, their lives have been turned upside down..  Yes, I agree that they love each other on many levels, but is that enough?   Reading the give and take between them the last couple of books says to me that they do not understand one another.  In my opinion Murphy wants the old Harry back, this is how she talks to him, this is what she bases her advice to him..  He is never coming back..  I also think that Harry has blinded himself to a lot that has happened to Murphy as well.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2018, 02:01:48 PM »
God. We need a new book.  Please don't allow Mr. Death to see the above.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2018, 02:13:35 PM »
God. We need a new book.  Please don't allow Mr. Death to see the above.
It should be ok as long as nobody quotes false evidence. But actually Murphy and Harry understand each other quite well and sometimes better than they understand themselves.

I don't have to fabricate evidence for this. I have divine inspiration. MSTR told me.

But don't take my word for it. Read the whole series again and watch Mister and Mouse. They are in favor of this relationship. That should tell you enough.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2018, 02:15:25 PM »
They have changed and they are older, their lives have been turned upside down..  Yes, I agree that they love each other on many levels, but is that enough?   Reading the give and take between them the last couple of books says to me that they do not understand one another.  In my opinion Murphy wants the old Harry back, this is how she talks to him, this is what she bases her advice to him..  He is never coming back..  I also think that Harry has blinded himself to a lot that has happened to Murphy as well.
[citation needed]
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2018, 02:30:10 PM »
[citation needed]

Karrin sat at the fire, staring in, a cup of coffee in her hands. Mouse sat beside her. When I came in, he looked over at me and started wagging his tail.

Mouse tries to bring positive energy into this relationship. Mark that Karen is normally afraid of dogs, this one is different.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2018, 03:01:54 PM »
Which book is that quote from?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2018, 03:12:15 PM »
Which book is that quote from?
Cold days, the end. Harry wanted to hook up with Karen but Karen was not ready for it. If you watch Mouse during this scene it is obvious that he was totally in favor of it.

Actually Karen was right, Harry was not ready for it but the Harry in Skin Game has a better handle on himself.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2018, 03:40:57 PM »
Hmm... Mouse is trying to get Murphy and Harry together and he counts Mab as one of the good 'guys' to keep Harry alive in Zoo Day. :)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2018, 04:16:55 PM »
Hmm... Mouse is trying to get Murphy and Harry together and he counts Mab as one of the good 'guys' to keep Harry alive in Zoo Day. :)
I am sure it fits nicely in your Mouse is Cerberos and Harry is Hades theory. :-)
SH[Elaine+++]