Author Topic: *New series with Goodman Grey tease at Virginia signing  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Dashkull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
*New series with Goodman Grey tease at Virginia signing
« on: June 10, 2018, 03:25:22 PM »
Maybe this is old news I haven’t been on the forums in a while.

But I got to check meeting Jim off my bucket list at the Saturday signing at the Barnes and Noble in VA. I asked him who had imprisoned the monsters in Demonreach and if the circle was important in that process. He said the previous wardens imprisoned them (he didn’t know about the previous wardens of the island except Merlin was the first). He said he would not answer about the circle.

Most interesting answer imho he teased that he was planning and would like to write a spinoff series revolving around Goodman Grey and his various exploits. Not much other information other than Grey is very very old so he could warp around in time which he liked. A later question asked if he might consider writing a story about Margaret Lefay later, he said no but she might show up in this Grey series, since we already know they met.

Good event, he answered questions for about an hour even though he wasn’t feeling very well.

Thanks Jim
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:26:41 PM by Dashkull »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Goodman Grey tease at Virginia signing
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 07:17:55 PM »
I think he said Grey's company (and possibly series) would be named Monster LLC.  Because sometimes you need a monster instead of a hero.

Offline Dashkull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 07:25:05 PM »
That is what he said. Is this old news or were you at the signing?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 07:27:27 PM »
That is what he said. Is this old news or were you at the signing?
I was at the signing.   Your question was one of my favorites, because I like anything we can get about Demonreach.  But he did mention something about M LLC at a signing earlier in the week, but I don't know that it was explained that it was the GG series.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 08:25:32 PM »
The order of ST Giles was supposed to be for the Demi's humans, but most members were the Demi rcv. After the end of the red court, the order is said to have also collapsed. It would be funny if Grey helped to restablish it, by finding willing scions.
k moinuddin

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 09:12:18 PM »
The order of ST Giles was supposed to be for the Demi's humans, but most members were the Demi rcv. After the end of the red court, the order is said to have also collapsed. It would be funny if Grey helped to restablish it, by finding willing scions.

Eh, I wouldn't take the fact that he did a mercenary job for a dollar as evidence he's THAT altruistic.

Offline Dashkull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 01:28:40 AM »
Eh, I wouldn't take the fact that he did a mercenary job for a dollar as evidence he's THAT altruistic.

In point of fact, I would think the series will probably show him doing some very unpleasant tasks for some very bad people. He is a true mercenary. Just because he was “nice” to Harry doesn’t mean he has any altruism going at all. If Nic has hired him first he would have helped slaughter Harry and Micheal in the vault.

And he didn’t charge Harry a dollar or give up his diamonds to be nice. He could walk into any vault in the world (as he proved). Human money is literally worthless to him.