Author Topic: LTW and the wolf, return of the Alphas  (Read 3012 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
LTW and the wolf, return of the Alphas
« on: June 09, 2018, 10:13:45 PM »
In Fool Moon we got to see a wolf that became human (or at least Harry thought so).  I'm wondering if this wolf/person is actually connected to LtW.  This would probably bring the Alpha's back on the scene as well.  Does anyone else think we will see her again or is her story done?  If her return will happen what do you think the significance will be?

I know that book was many moons ago (ha ha), but so was Storm Front, and Jim has confirmed we will see Chauncy again. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: LTW and the wolf, return of the Alphas
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 12:24:54 AM »
Chauncy was actually in Fool Moon too (he was the source of "a saint started the loup garou curse"). But yeah, LtW and Tera West were confirmed acquainted with each other in one of the books, and I think there was a vague WOJ that her role in the story wasn't over. Though that could mean she's Fitz' mother and her story continues through her son being involved going forward.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 06:19:50 AM »
In Fool Moon we got to see a wolf that became human (or at least Harry thought so).  I'm wondering if this wolf/person is actually connected to LtW.  This would probably bring the Alpha's back on the scene as well.  Does anyone else think we will see her again or is her story done?  If her return will happen what do you think the significance will be?

I know that book was many moons ago (ha ha), but so was Storm Front, and Jim has confirmed we will see Chauncy again.
She was the Blouncil Cut out in FM if you remember the oddity that GK put in was the college kids learning magic to be wolves, she did that... and yes, she knows LTW ;) prolly not a coincidence.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 03:55:59 PM »
I believe LTW explicitly mentions her when Harry gets introduced to him in the beginning of Summer Knight.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »
She was the Blouncil Cut out in FM if you remember the oddity that GK put in was the college kids learning magic to be wolves, she did that... and yes, she knows LTW ;) prolly not a coincidence.

Rashid was also suspicious of Harry at that point. Not everything he finds weird is definitely a cutout for the Circle - things are getting weird all over because those in the know recognize it's 'five minutes to midnight' and they're trying to get ready for the BAT.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 06:19:07 PM »
Rashid was also suspicious of Harry at that point. Not everything he finds weird is definitely a cutout for the Circle - things are getting weird all over because those in the know recognize it's 'five minutes to midnight' and they're trying to get ready for the BAT.
It was the act itself though, nothing to do with the perp, whom he assumed was Dresden anyway. The act of teaching the students to be werewolves was weirdness to be looked at.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 01:22:23 PM »
LTW does indeed mention her during Summer Knight.

Summer Knight, Page 49 on Nook:
I wasn't sure I was supposed to laugh, but I did. Injun Joe nodded, dark eyes sparkling. Then he murmured, "The one you knew as Tera West sends her respects."

From the context, LTW mentions Tera West in a voice that's too low for Eb to hear, which is interesting.

I'm reasonably certain that we'll see her again; I anticipate split loyalties among the Alphas when she does. She was the one who taught them how to shift, after all, and had previously acted as their Alpha. Makes me wonder who Will will defer to if her interests and Harry's compete.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 01:41:15 PM »
Makes me wonder if the Raccoon LtW has is more than just a Raccoon.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 01:58:05 PM »
Makes me wonder if the Raccoon LtW has is more than just a Raccoon.

Eb brings up Little Brother in Turn Coat, when they first get to Demonreach and try to negotiate with Harry.

Turn Coat, page 307 on Nook (emphasis added):

The old woman lifted her chin haughtily. "He was not truly your apprentice. You kept watch over him for a mere two years."

"And came to know him," Ebenezar said. He turned to eye Listens-to-Wind. "What did that raccoon pup you had think of him? You go on about what good judges of character young animals can be. Is he the sort of man who would involve himself in that kind of plot? You know the answer."