Author Topic: Fist full of Warlocks spoilers Possible clue about Cowl?  (Read 13527 times)

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Fist full of Warlocks spoilers Possible clue about Cowl?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2018, 11:48:36 PM »
supposedly in the new Solo movie it's going to happen.  The video I watched basically said what you all have said.  Either Solo bullshitting to sound good, or using black holes.

I've seen Solo; the 12 parsecs thing does get explained in a satisfactory(and very cool) fashion. Though I did always like the old "black hole" explanation, too.

More on topic: I'd bet that Kemmler never faked his death at all. I bet he actually died, and managed to UN-die after the fact. Or at least made preparations while he was alive which allowed him to regain corporeal form after death. If anyone could figure out how to do that, it would be Kemmler. The Corpsetaker was working on doing that in Ghost Story and (s)he was just an apprentice of Kemmler's, likely less brilliant than the teacher. Hell, Harry managed to become solid and visible while he was dead, and he started his Afterlife fairly clueless about what life was like for ex-humans.
DV AcornArmy YR5FR5 BK+++ RP+ TH+(++) WG+++ CL++ SH[Mab+ Lara++ Molly+++]

Offline Jcarlson171

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2018, 12:01:13 AM »
Just curious isnt there a WOJ out there that says Kemmler is dead dead dead and not coming back?

Although it would be semi cool if cowl and kemmler were fragments of the same person

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2018, 01:15:44 PM »
Just curious isnt there a WOJ out there that says Kemmler is dead dead dead and not coming back?

Although it would be semi cool if cowl and kemmler were fragments of the same person
Nah, that WOJ was about Justin.  Granted since there are theories that Justin, Kemmler, and Cowl are all the same person, it often comes up in that context.  I think the WOJ on Kemmler was just that they were REAAAL careful that last time.  But then, the counterargument is that if they Missed Bob, they could have Missed Kemmler in all sorts of ways (Corpsetaker-style body snatching being a popular one)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 01:51:26 PM »
Nah, that WOJ was about Justin.  Granted since there are theories that Justin, Kemmler, and Cowl are all the same person, it often comes up in that context.  I think the WOJ on Kemmler was just that they were REAAAL careful that last time.  But then, the counterargument is that if they Missed Bob, they could have Missed Kemmler in all sorts of ways (Corpsetaker-style body snatching being a popular one)

Also what if Kemmler just pulled another Kemmler into this reality, and then stepped into that Kemmlers reality temporarily?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 01:59:07 PM »
Also what if Kemmler just pulled another Kemmler into this reality, and then stepped into that Kemmlers reality temporarily?
It is an entirely valid possibility
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 03:16:51 PM »
My going theory is Kemmler tried to summon his 7th version(having faked his death 6 times) and he was greater than the sum of his parts, ganked Kemmler and took Justin to hide in for the future... the WHY though...
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2018, 03:21:13 AM »

I think there were WOJ's about both of them. First that Justin was D.E.D., and then someone asked about Kemmler and got an answer of "at least as dead as Justin".

Sadlyh, nobody tried to follow that up with 'How dead is Simon, then?'.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2018, 04:21:00 AM »
I think there were WOJ's about both of them. First that Justin was D.E.D., and then someone asked about Kemmler and got an answer of "at least as dead as Justin".

Sadlyh, nobody tried to follow that up with 'How dead is Simon, then?'.

Jim has since come out and admitted that he has dropped at least 2 pieces of misinformation!  Justin being D E D, dead is most likely the one if I had to choose between Kemmler or Justin being alive.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2018, 11:24:47 AM »
Jim has since come out and admitted that he has dropped at least 2 pieces of misinformation!  Justin being D E D, dead is most likely the one if I had to choose between Kemmler or Justin being alive.
I always assumed one of them was that time he trolled us by telling us that we'd see who was getting Fidelacchius in TC, only for that statement to have technically been referring to him handing it over to Nic.  And more recently there was an offhand mention of a Murphy family funeral that Im suspicious of.   
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »
Hmm. Well about that Murphy Family Funeral, one of my ideas was that there will be another event like the Unseelie Incursion of 1994 where Milwaukee ends up vanishing for some time, say a day, and replaced with an untouched forest.  I've wondered if there will be a Murphy family gathering when there will be another such event.  Perhaps there will be some type event at Murphy's (whoever the Murphy family member is) funeral or wedding (as it is sometimes mentioned that weddings are funerals).

Weddings are basically funerals with cake.

Or, maybe someone is just getting married. :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:35:13 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »
Yeah, that was because of a retcon. Vader wasn't supposed to be Luke's dad in A New Hope; Lucas didn't figure that out until Empire. Funny enough, Mark Hammil didn't know what Vader was saying (since James Earl Jones only did voice work; it was a guy with a hilarious Scottish accent in the mask [fun source] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E), and when actually filming the "I am your father" scene, the dialogue was totally different. Hammil didn't find out what was going on until he saw the voiced cut, and he was pissed, because his acting didn't fit the dialogue because of it.

Anyway, Lucas needed to explain the line from A New Hope, and in doing so, turned Obi Wan into a jerk and named a Trope about annoying metaphorical truths: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MetaphoricallyTrue?from=Main.FromACertainPointOfView

Hmm, I heard that Mark was having trouble getting the correct emotion in that scene with the lines being said by Prowse so Lucas pulled him aside and told him and him only what was actually going to be said. After that Mark got the take right and they went with that scene in the movie. I wonder which version is right?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2018, 04:41:42 PM »
Hmm, I heard that Mark was having trouble getting the correct emotion in that scene with the lines being said by Prowse so Lucas pulled him aside and told him and him only what was actually going to be said. After that Mark got the take right and they went with that scene in the movie. I wonder which version is right?
Mark's talked about how he was the only one in on it actually.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2018, 04:47:28 AM »

Of course, JB has also noted that death is fragile in the DV.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2018, 05:04:42 AM »
Hmm. Well about that Murphy Family Funeral, one of my ideas was that there will be another event like the Unseelie Incursion of 1994 where Milwaukee ends up vanishing for some time, say a day, and replaced with an untouched forest.  I've wondered if there will be a Murphy family gathering when there will be another such event.  Perhaps there will be some type event at Murphy's (whoever the Murphy family member is) funeral or wedding (as it is sometimes mentioned that weddings are funerals).

Or, maybe someone is just getting married. :)

lol...  This quote about a wedding is a funeral with a cake is what got me thinking about Murphy moving on (I thought someone was quoting Jim for some reason), and starting the other subject....  The wedding is hers, and the funeral was the love Harry had for her and his hope for them to be together.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 06:19:47 PM »
Mark's talked about how he was the only one in on it actually.

I've heard the exact opposite, that he didn't know and was pissed about it. Myeh, this is what you get when you rely on fickle statements.

As far as Justin's status goes, I've always wondered if "D-E-D" was an acronym.