Author Topic: Who would you like to see go out in a blaze of gory in PT  (Read 6992 times)

Offline datalaughing

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Who would you like to see go out in a blaze of gory in PT
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
I want to see Wild Bill the famous Texas warden cutting loose. We keep hearing about how awesome he is, but I don't think we've actually seen him (outside of the comics?).

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 01:38:46 PM »
I want to see Wild Bill the famous Texas warden cutting loose. We keep hearing about how awesome he is, but I don't think we've actually seen him (outside of the comics?).

Is he in the comics? That's reason enough for me to bother with them. I went through a graphic novel phase a few years back, but have difficulty reading them on a tablet (I've yet to find a reader app that scales the pages well enough without zooming into individual panels, which I find tedious as hell), and I stopped buying physical books a while back, when I converted my library to ebooks. Are there collected volumes available, or is it all individual issues?

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »
Is he in the comics? That's reason enough for me to bother with them. I went through a graphic novel phase a few years back, but have difficulty reading them on a tablet (I've yet to find a reader app that scales the pages well enough without zooming into individual panels, which I find tedious as hell), and I stopped buying physical books a while back, when I converted my library to ebooks. Are there collected volumes available, or is it all individual issues?

I think the warden squad in War Cry was Harry and Ramirez + Yoshimo and Wild Bill. It's available in omnibus ebook.

I'm not sure if comics render on the Kindle PC app though, or only work on mobile devices.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »
I usually use Nook. I find it renders comics at least marginally well. The trouble is I use an 8-inch Galaxy Tab, and they tend to render comics super small when it's oriented in portrait, and only shows part of a page when in landscape. Meh. I'll have to get a physical copy like an unwashed savage.

Offline Spookyrcon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 11:38:29 PM »
Of I had a choice to see whom amongst the power players takes the final first nap... I would like Lord Wraith to take the hit.... it would force Lara into the open and wreak havoc for her.... also I want Murphy to go out in a spectacularly heroic but messy manner.  This way Sigrun Gard can reclaim her as Einherjar.  The only way she can remain relevant and keep up is with a power up.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 03:03:54 AM »
It's weird how we never hear people talking about how Michael is no longer relevant.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 04:52:48 AM »
It's weird how we never hear people talking about how Michael is no longer relevant.

Except for Skin Game he has been out of the picture...  He remains relevant because even if he is retired he is still a certified Holy Knight with all that goes with it... 

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 11:35:54 AM »
I'd really like to see any of the Senior Council cut loose, just to see what they can do.

I'd also like to see Harry finally take down Marcone.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 11:01:45 PM »
I'd really like to see any of the Senior Council cut loose, just to see what they can do.
I'd also like to see Harry finally take down Marcone.

Given all he's been doing to keep the Fomor at bay, I don't see a way killing Marcone wouldn't make things a lot worse for Chicago. Harry might hate his guts, but he's not quite that stupidly impulsive. Unless Marcone got N-fected or otherwise compromised such that he absolutely had to go, he's pretty firmly anchored as one of the lesser evils.

Offline nadia.skylark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2019, 12:23:02 AM »
Given all he's been doing to keep the Fomor at bay, I don't see a way killing Marcone wouldn't make things a lot worse for Chicago. Harry might hate his guts, but he's not quite that stupidly impulsive. Unless Marcone got N-fected or otherwise compromised such that he absolutely had to go, he's pretty firmly anchored as one of the lesser evils.

Or unless he thinks one of Harry's friends is N-fected and goes after them.

I know it would be really bad for Chicago, but I still really want to see it.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2019, 12:08:32 PM »

I agree with this.  Though in the last few books he has had fewer and fewer redeeming qualities, killing him could blow up the balance of power much like killing off the RCVs did.