Author Topic: Who would you like to see go out in a blaze of gory in PT  (Read 6993 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Who would you like to see go out in a blaze of gory in PT
« on: May 26, 2018, 06:14:40 AM »
Jim has said that Peace Talks will feature a great deal supernatural violence.  My question isn't about who you want to see die; though you may want that too, it's about who would you like to see go out in a knock down drag out bloody fight to the finish? 

If it's a wizard, perhaps we will see them throw a death curse that unleashes mayhem on their antagonist or antagonists.  I'd like to see a death curse that doesn't have any subtlety to it; unlike Quintus Cassius' curse against Harry or the one Margaret LeFay laid on Lord Raith, something really spectacular and messy, perhaps from the Merlin.     
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who would you like to see go out in a blaze of gory in PT
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 01:10:28 AM »
McCoy takes down Lord Raith and gets taken down as consequence.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 02:03:08 AM »
The Eebs.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 08:43:53 AM »
Arthur Langtry.....  A huge bad ass that I'm not connected to enough to mind him going.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 11:00:12 AM »
If you mean Blaze of Glory, then Imma go with Eb. It seems about time for the Mentor figure to die, narrative wise, and Eb deserves a badass ending.

If the title is not a typo and you want a blaze of Gory then...

The Red Cap for being a scum-sucking, self important, evil asshat.
Cowl and Nick for trying to end the world on Multiple Occasions.
Shagnasty for being the most evil being on this list.
Rudolf for being... well Rudolf.
Lord Raith, so I don't have to hear more theories about him coming back even though he was a boring villain

Oh, and Butters.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 06:03:12 PM »

Murphy, seems like she is due...

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 06:21:05 PM »
  Murphy, seems like she is due...

LOL...  Are you sure you want her going out in a blaze of glory?  i think you want her to go out in a humiliating fashion.

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 11:17:14 PM »
So much hate :D
One of the senior council. Maybe Langtry or Martha Liberty. I'd like to see them stretch their muscles, and a very nice death curse to slake my thirst for wanton destruction.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 12:13:20 AM »
LOL...  Are you sure you want her going out in a blaze of glory?  i think you want her to go out in a humiliating fashion.

As long as she goes out, I think Mira's happy.

You know.  For the sake of the story.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 01:45:22 AM »

No, I never have...  For the kind of character she has been, better for her to go down fighting as a hero, as hard as it might be
short term for Harry,  than for her to grow older and older while Harry stays more or less in his prime for the next fifty or so years...

Actually I think you want see her go out slowly in humiliating fashion...  Like the sports hero who doesn't know when to retire,  from starter, to sometime pinch hitter, to bench warmer finally demoted down to the minors..

One could ask why do you think it time for Eb or Butters or any of the other regular characters to die? 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:43:29 AM by Mira »

Offline nedserD C B yrraH

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 01:49:29 AM »
I wanna see the Blackstaff cut loose. I wanna see him throwing cannon fodder around like a Sith at a padawan store. I want gravity wells that make portal seems simplistic and shotgun blasts of mordite pellets. I wanna see Harry feel like he failed his Grandfather as his death curse crushes a horde of Fomor. I wanna see all that and know it wasn't enough. That the first 15 books were just an opening gambit.
I'm not a Fanboy, I just Squee a lot.

DV Geek Code v1.2 YR9 FR1 BK++ RP JB++ TH ++ WG+ CL+ SW+(B,T,JM) BC+ MC +++(--) SH (Mu++Mo++El+)

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 53.1%

All scores:
Supernatural Power:75.7%
Social Skills:45.5%
Armed Combat:6.1%
Unarmed Combat:41.8

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 05:46:40 AM »
One could ask why do you think it time for Eb or Butters or any of the other regular characters to die?

I don't want any characters I like to die.  Those include Eb, and Butters.  Langtry I don't really care if he goes. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:51:31 AM by groinkick »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »
Langtry has been a regular horse's ass in the series. But, I feel like he would get taken down later.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 01:11:49 AM »
Langtry has been a regular horse's ass in the series. But, I feel like he would get taken down later.
But he's a powerful horse's ass who is feared by all. The Council will be that much weaker without him, not to mention they already lost 2 senior council members in the last few years.
Actually I think you want see her go out slowly in humiliating fashion...  Like the sports hero who doesn't know when to retire,  from starter, to sometime pinch hitter, to bench warmer finally demoted down to the minors..
Everytime I read "Murphy" I get this picture in my head of Reese Witherspoon in the godawful movie "Hot Pursuit". She was also demoted from 5 ft 2, to 5 ft nothing, to 4 ft 9 through the movie.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline 2,176,847

• Participant
  • "Polka will never die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 02:01:47 AM »
Kincaid going down would be fun. Maybe with Murphy taking over potection of Ivy and thus making them both more prominate in the story.

I'd also like to see how Marcone gets along without Gard and Hendricks.

For pure blaziness of the glory killing off Bob would be both wild and painful to read.
"I'm no philosopher, Harry, but here's something for you to think about, at least. What goes around comes around. And sometimes you get what comes around. And, sometimes you are what's coming around." -Michael Carpenter