Author Topic: Would Harry have worked with Cowl?  (Read 2249 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Would Harry have worked with Cowl?
« on: May 17, 2018, 05:23:16 AM »
Harry became Winter Knight and is allied with Mab as a result.  If he had taken up a Coin he'd have been allied with Nicodemus (WoJ).  If he'd gone full necromancer would he have been working with Cowl?

The first two power up's have him working with unsavory people that like it or not he has to work with.  So if he'd gone Necromancer it would have been the only one without some kind of alliance.  That is unless Cowl was that unsavory person he'd have to work with.  The biggest deal about this is that Cowl is an unknown while Mab, and Nicodemus are not.  Also Cowl appears to be working with Nemesis.  So that doesn't seem likely for Harry to team up with him.... 

What do you think if he'd gone Necromancer?  Who'd he work with if anyone?  If Cowl does that mean Cowl is either not as bad as he appears or that Mab, Nicodemus, and Cowl are different sides of the same evil Coin?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Would Harry have worked with Cowl?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 11:47:30 AM »
As I said in a different thread, the whole point of going Insta God (besides getting a kick ass power upgrade) would be the lack of external influence. He'd still be himself and making his own choices, so bubye Cowl.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:50:00 PM »
As I said in a different thread, the whole point of going Insta God (besides getting a kick ass power upgrade) would be the lack of external influence. He'd still be himself and making his own choices, so bubye Cowl.
Agreed, insofar as he'd not be reliant on any outside organization.  I still expect him to get a heavy dose of outside influence from the nature of whatever spirits he is eating. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 03:28:19 PM »
Probably not.  Cowl would be competition, not an ally most likely.

As for Nemesis, this is Harry in "let the world burn" mode when he makes that call, so he might not care.  At least until he sees the real harm it can do.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 06:49:22 PM »

I think it depends on the crisis of the moment...  Harry has skated on thin ice before for what he perceives as the greater good if he sees no better alternative than to do so.  I am not sure if it is arrogance or naivety on Harry's part when he does this.     

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 07:02:21 PM »
Just an opinion but I think this was the least likely which is why there wasn't a lead up to it while the potential for taking up a Coin was more realistic and the groundwork had been done.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 04:49:20 AM »
Just an opinion but I think this was the least likely which is why there wasn't a lead up to it while the potential for taking up a Coin was more realistic and the groundwork had been done.

There is still plenty of time between now and the BAT though for a set up, so much has changed for Harry that it is possible, highly improbable but it still could happen..  Though more likely we will see a one on one mirroring their first battle, only this time Harry will be older, stronger, and hopefully wiser...