Author Topic: Jim Butcher interview from 2 months ago  (Read 25369 times)

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Butcher interview from 2 months ago
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2018, 04:32:45 AM »
Oh was that how Morgan was supposed to have killed someone?  I don't even remember.  Who did he kill????

Morgan was a warden and therefor trusted with security.  I wonder if a non warden/Council member killed a wizard it would matter?  I mean if Harry Dresden was gunned down by Marcone would the Council do anything?  I doubt it.  So if someone who wasn't given the duty of protecting the Council killed a member I wonder if the Council would respond the same way?

I would suspect that killing a Senior Councilor is Against The Rules even if it's not against the Laws of Magic.  It's the magical equivalent of assassination a head of state or the like.  For that matter, it's probably Against The Rules for one Council member to kill another in general, except maybe in formal duels or the like.  But it would be turned up to eleven for the SC.

They probably only care if you kill someone of importance..  Senior Council members, or something like that.
[/quote]

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2018, 04:35:06 AM »
Well, his bulletproofing enchantment on the duster is demonstrably second to at least Ebenezar's work, which protects the head and ankles even if they're not physically covered. Though I'm not sure whether he's actually marking up his robes with spells, or doing it some entirely different way.

I suspect we're going to have to take 'second to none' in a particular context.  That is, he's probably second-to-none in his age and weight category.  Of the Wizards who have experience and knowledge and power comparable to Harry, he's among the best at 'magitech'.  But I would be very surprised if he's literally among the best at it in the whole Council at his age.

Now, in a century or two...

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2018, 04:38:50 AM »
You think so, I think so, but the question is does Nicodemus think so?  I fully expect him to go after Maggie in some way at some point.  That was foreshadowed in Skin Game, after all.

I hope you are wrong, because if he goes after Maggie he is dead (I would be so happy if he succeeds, before Harry kills him in a horrible way)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2018, 04:44:25 AM »
I hope you are wrong, because if he goes after Maggie he is dead (I would be so happy if he succeeds, before Harry kills him in a horrible way)

But that would be merely revenge if Nic gets Maggie..  Very hollow if she ends up with a coin which would be really horrible..

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2018, 04:54:45 AM »
Yes. that would be horrible. It won't happen.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2018, 05:07:16 AM »
Yes. that would be horrible. It won't happen.

Would you laugh with joy if it did? haha
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2018, 05:10:41 AM »
Actually no, it wouldn't get me rid of the brat, all the contrary.
Missing you, Md 

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2018, 05:21:07 AM »

What about Lord Voldmort showing up at her school and turning her into a horocrux? LoL
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2018, 05:25:29 AM »
That would bring me 7 more books, 8 movies 5 prequels and probably a sequel, so...nope  :P
Missing you, Md 

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2018, 05:27:21 AM »
That would bring me 7 more books, 8 movies 5 prequels and probably a sequel, so...nope  :P

Nah, Harry Potter would be a much shorter story if Riddle had been going after Harry Dresden's kid.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2018, 11:51:01 AM »
Nah, Harry Potter would be a much shorter story if Riddle had been going after Harry Dresden's kid.
If this were potter-world, Riddle would have been the guy that Adopted Harry in the first place. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2018, 11:45:03 PM »
If this were potter-world, Riddle would have been the guy that Adopted Harry in the first place.
Wrong, he'd have adopted Mavra, she's just as sexy as he is. Match made in heaven.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:38 PM »

Pretty sure he'd have tried to kill Harry just like he tried to kill Potter.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2018, 04:29:44 AM »
Dina be like...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2018, 04:43:51 AM »
Oh yes!  :D
Missing you, Md