Author Topic: Peace Talks character death wag  (Read 8783 times)

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks character death wag
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2018, 02:56:39 AM »
But wherein Murphy is apparently the worst, surely her ceasing to be Murphy would only be a good thing.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2018, 04:19:10 AM »
But wherein Murphy is apparently the worst, surely her ceasing to be Murphy would only be a good thing.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2018, 04:33:11 PM »

Really?  If she is no longer who she is at her core being, that is the problem, circumstances are now preventing her from being what she is..  She isn't a good listener,  if that isn't fixed this port in the storm role isn't going to work, she isn't going to be content with that kind of role.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2018, 04:42:24 PM »
I thought the problem was that who she is at her core being is a terrible person who is both insecure and overly arrogant at the same time, depending on what the worst possible option for her is.  So being no longer who she is at her core being would be a good thing.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2018, 04:54:02 PM »
There be a hook in that worm! Dont fall for it
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2018, 05:04:06 PM »
There be a hook in that worm! Dont fall for it

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2018, 05:05:24 PM »
  Really?  If she is no longer who she is at her core being, that is the problem, circumstances are now preventing her from being what she is..  She isn't a good listener,  if that isn't fixed this port in the storm role isn't going to work, she isn't going to be content with that kind of role.

Harry would seem to disagree with his raging....... bed time incident.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2018, 05:06:29 PM »
It's too soon for Murphy to die, if she's going to die at all. Won't be until Fight Night at least. It doesn't make much sense to me to have her and Harry get their relationship upgrade only to kill it immediately; we either need to love the two of them together and be therefore more heartbroken when she dies, or hate them together and celebrate when she dies. There's a whole aspect that needs to be explored before it can be ended to maximum effect, if Jim decides to end it at all. Personally, I think she'll kick the bucket in the last Case File book, Harry will recede into hermitude, and be called back in from retirement for the BAT.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2018, 05:09:25 PM »

You know, sometimes I forget just how creepy Jack Nicholson can really be. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2018, 05:27:02 PM »
You know, sometimes I forget just how creepy Jack Nicholson can really be.

lol yeah