Author Topic: fun declarations  (Read 2344 times)

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
fun declarations
« on: April 18, 2018, 02:38:48 PM »
Spending a Fate chip to declare something about the game world seems to have huge potential. I admit I'd mostly be boring, making sure that there were useful shops etc near my PCs home - what are some of the more impressive uses you've made/seen?
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
Re: fun declarations
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 04:21:47 PM »
During a fight with Black Court Vampires at a wedding reception, a player controlling a pixie declared that garlic chicken was among the items at the buffet, grabbed a drumstick, hit and did damage to a high ranking vampire with it.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 05:51:40 AM »
I once introduced a dead master worldwalker as a background element for a region of the Nevernever. One of my players decided that his character was an admirer of the Wizard, and then Declared that said Wizard had left behind an inheritance waiting for someone to prove themself worthy of it. Kicked off a long-running subplot, in which that character worked to follow in the worldwalker's footsteps.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 03:55:21 PM »
My character needed to make a 3 hour flight across the country to help a comrade in danger.  Ideally, he needed to be there in minutes.

The Bureaucracy of the organization he worked for was preventing him from acquiring a plane, much less trying to fly it there quickly.  I declared that an NPC we had previously helped 'just happened' to arrive on the scene.  The NPC was an expert world-walker.

Coincidentally,  the NPC I 'declared' was the same PC that Sanctaphrax just mentioned (I think)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 09:10:50 PM »
Yep, same guy.