Author Topic: Will Mab have another person on a cross?  (Read 2668 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Will Mab have another person on a cross?
« on: April 19, 2018, 05:50:06 PM »
Was just thinking that Mac's bar is considered neutral territory under the accords, Mab enforces those laws with absolute brutality.  Well He Who Walks Before launched an attack here.  Outsiders cannot summon themselves into reality, they need to be summoned so whoever summoned HHWBefore is responsible...  So do you think this person will be killed outright, or do you think they will end up in Mab's clutches for some extended torture?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Will Mab have another person on a cross?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 06:06:34 PM »
Was just thinking that Mac's bar is considered neutral territory under the accords, Mab enforces those laws with absolute brutality.  Well He Who Walks Before launched an attack here.  Outsiders cannot summon themselves into reality, they need to be summoned so whoever summoned HHWBefore is responsible...  So do you think this person will be killed outright, or do you think they will end up in Mab's clutches for some extended torture?

This person might not even be alive any more. HWWBefore could have been lying low for years, unless there is a time limitation on how long summoned beings can stay that I don't know.

That said, if they're still around, I think they'll die in combat before Mab can get at them. By necessity, it is one or more mortals, and once the fire starts flying everywhere, I think they'll either escape or get incinerated. No nice, protective Mantles for these barves.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 06:19:14 PM »
This person might not even be alive any more. HWWBefore could have been lying low for years, unless there is a time limitation on how long summoned beings can stay that I don't know.

That said, if they're still around, I think they'll die in combat before Mab can get at them. By necessity, it is one or more mortals, and once the fire starts flying everywhere, I think they'll either escape or get incinerated. No nice, protective Mantles for these barves.

Well whoever is doing it will be of some importance.  Probably Cowl.  I don't see Cowl getting off by a quick death.  Either in Mab's hands, or on Demon Reach.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 06:40:42 PM »
Well whoever is doing it will be of some importance.  Probably Cowl.  I don't see Cowl getting off by a quick death.  Either in Mab's hands, or on Demon Reach.

I see Cowl suffering his own undoing. He'll conjure up a combination of dark magic, necromantic energy, and sith spit that will consume him, taking him away from the rest of the world to a fate worse than death...or something like that.

After all, in Soviet Russia, Darkhallow swallows YOU!

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 02:29:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure summoning Outsiders at all gets a mortal on Mab's shit list, but I don't think it's going to become personal to the degree that Slate's punishment for betraying her was because of what the particular Outsider did. Attacking accorded neutral ground is only really a personal slight to her if it's perpetrated by a signatory. HWWBh attacked Mac's because Harry was there, not because the summoner actually had power over it and directed it to do so. So she has no reason to apply the laws of the boss being responsible for the vassal's actions - if anything, the summoner is the vassal of the Walker, even if deluded enough to think he or she is in charge of it.

Mab would have the summoner killed if at all possible, but probably on a "it's just business" basis. Either Harry gets a straight up hit order, or the Wardens get a tip about the whereabouts of an outsider-consorting warlock.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 02:42:43 AM »
Yeah.  Mab's enforcing of the rules doesn't seem like it lets her break her other rules, and overall it seems like the crucifixion torture stuff requires some bond with Mab/The Winter Court.  That isn't just "tried to attack."

I think Snark Knight has the generally accurate idea.  She'll engage in retribution in such as manner as to follow the fae guidelines.

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »
Yeah.  Mab's enforcing of the rules doesn't seem like it lets her break her other rules, and overall it seems like the crucifixion torture stuff requires some bond with Mab/The Winter Court. 

Hehe, Nicodemus might disagree.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 03:51:50 PM »
Nicodemus was crucified and tortured by Mab?

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 04:41:28 PM »
Nicodemus was crucified and tortured by Mab?

Only in a metaphorical sense as of Skin Game.