Author Topic: Mr Sunshine has wiped out universes before. - WOJ  (Read 8858 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Sunshine has wiped out universes before. - WOJ
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 03:29:55 AM »

In raw power, yeah, Mr Sunshine could wipe out the universe or a universe, but only on orders from the Boss..   It isn't something he can chose to do on his own...

Can't he?  He'd fall, but I think he can.  I think that's why Jim said Lucy wasn't out to destroy reality, and it was more of an argument about being right.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2018, 11:02:21 AM »
Can't he?  He'd fall, but I think he can.  I think that's why Jim said Lucy wasn't out to destroy reality, and it was more of an argument about being right.

Didn't say he couldn't, but he won't cross the Boss...  He doesn't want to fall..

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2018, 03:00:25 PM »
Who says he can only do it on orders from God though?  He's done plenty of other stuff on his own authority  (as near as we can tell) so why not that as well?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 03:49:10 PM »
The WOJ suggested that he gets Orders for that type of thing. But, whether he does it by himself or due to Orders as long as he is an Archangel I'm sure he is in tune with God.

"Archangels get sent somewhere to get a job done." 

I took the 'get sent' as the Archangel having been given Orders.  This is in the same paragraph as Uriel is said to have "wiped out Universes before."

Actually given the WOJ about Lucifer really not being a threat to the Universe, or much of a threat relative to the Big Bad's, I'm thinking Lucifer doesn't have the power to wipe out the Universe.  This means that only God aligned Archangels have this ability.  I would bet though, if God gave Lucifer an Order to wipe out a Universe he could do it.  Anyways, I believe an Archangel needs God's permission to act in destroying a Universe.  It is very likely similar to a Winter Knight power.  If Harry tries to cross Winter Law, the mantle leaves him; similarly, if an Archangel tries to destroy a Universe without God permission, his Grace would leave him thereby preventing the use of that power.  So, I could see in an instance in which he doesn't exactly fall but is temporarily left Graceless.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:02:19 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 04:09:26 PM »
I imagine that it is similar to how Winter/Summer mantles work.  He by being a 'God Aligned' Archangel is in tap with TWG will, wishes, rules, and laws.  It doesn't have to be a meeting of the AA's and God for a decision to be reached about these things. 

Also... AA meeting,

Hi my name is Uriel and I have an outsider problem. 

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »
Hi my name is Uriel and I have an outsider problem.

Hi, Uriel.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »
If Lucifer destroys the universe, then he can't win his argument with God.  So he's got plenty of reasons not to do so, even if he could do it.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2018, 09:26:05 PM »
I think there is a difference between universe and Universe.

Mr. Sunshine has wiped out universes. He hasn't wiped out the Universe (multiverse).

I think Lucifer could in theory be given the power by God to wipe out a universe and it not endanger his argument as the multiverse continues.
(I favor that wiping out a universe must be a God aligned/ordered event and such an event doesn't wipe out the Multiverse or whateverVerse that God and Lucifer is having an argument in.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:28:51 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html