Author Topic: Marcone, John Connor, and Time Travel via terminator series  (Read 2726 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marcone, John Connor, and Time Travel via terminator series
« on: April 09, 2018, 01:30:43 PM »
I was reviewing a past thread and someone referred to the terminator series with respect to time travel.  I looked up terminator series with respect to time travel and found the emphasis placed on John Connor origin via time travel.  I believe this origin applies to one or both Harry and marcone.  I have long argued that marcone descends from Harry and Murphy/Mab.  I've even argued that Harry descends in some way from nicodemus via Malcolm dresden.

So, this thread is devoted to John marcone being a John Connor character whose birth is being targeted by team bad by killing off either Murphy or Harry.  Or maybe he just descends from one and not the other.  Anyways in small favor Harry gets a sample of marcones blood and we never see him return it despite having made a binding promise to return it upon request by garde.  It should also be mentioned that luccio was in the room about to open the case when Harry warns her not to open it.  He then feels really sleepy and I don't think we see much of it again.  Luccio was compromised by Peabody/black council at this time.  We do learn that Thomas was observing some events at this time.

lternatively, I've argued that marcone will end up like Cable from the Xmen series. In this Nathan summers/winters has his origin also in a time travel plot.  This could have his name be Nathan.  And if I'm going to stay with the wag that he is Harry's descendant then he is Nathan dresden.

Either way, terminator via John Connor or xmen via Cable, I believe Marcone will find his character cast in this light.

Terminator (Time Travel)
http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Xmen Cable
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_(comics)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:16:25 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone and John Connor via terminator series
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 01:52:49 PM »
Going with Jim getting the name for the series from Babylon 5, I'm thinking in a wag Marcones name might be John Connor Sheridan Dresden.

I'm thinking it might have to have Sheridan or Connor replaced with a name from Murphy family.  Murphy's father is named Collin.

So maybe start with John Dresden then insert middle names later.

Now to combine terminator, xmen, Babylon 5, marcones name may include along with DRESDEN:
Nathan
John
Sheridan
Connor
Winters
Summers

Collin (Murphy's father)
Michael (Michael named a son after Harry, Harry names his son after Michael)

We have a woj that Hendricks first name is Nathan per Priscellie. I had wondered if it was Marcones first name as it for a time was attributed to marcone rather than Hendricks before Priscellie corrected it.  Since we can't believe woj, we can take even her reported woj loosely.

Has Harry expressed a preference for a boys name?  I'm now thinking more along the lines that Harry will have a boy partly named Michael.

Hmm. Now I'm thinking Archangels, particularly given Harry's relationship with Uriel: Michael Uriel (Raphael) Dresden
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:10:40 PM by raidem »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone and John Connor via terminator series
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 05:19:24 AM »
Has Harry expressed a preference for a boys name?  I'm now thinking more along the lines that Harry will have a boy partly named Michael.

My guess would be something like Thomas Michael Dresden
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone, John Connor, and Time Travel via terminator series
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 12:42:42 PM »
No Malcom?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »
Going with a timetravel series you 'read the cliffnotes' of seems kinda a waste of time. If you actually watch the movies instead you'll realize they screwed up their TT plot after movie one... not exactly a good model to base anything on.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »
Nah.  I see they have a really convoluted time travel theory that isn't consistent across movies.  They do have some time travel theories that work within particular movie or some subset of movies.  But that really misses the mark. This thread really isn't so much about Time Travel as it is about John Connor's origin being based in it and his birth being targeted because he plays a pivotal role in the defeat of Team Bad's plan.

That said, I do need to watch the movies, all of them. I've seen the cliffnotes in other writeups and they do show a VERY complicated, contradictory, inconsistent overarching theory but that there does exist some parts of TT theories that attach in different movies.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:12:15 PM by raidem »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 06:07:34 PM »
They did a money grab for more movies.  Here is how it was supposed to end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEpjgFZpAt0
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 08:35:35 PM »
Nah.  I see they have a really convoluted time travel theory that isn't consistent across movies. They do have some time travel theories that work within particular movie or some subset of movies.  But that really misses the mark. This thread really isn't so much about Time Travel as it is about John Connor's origin being based in it and his birth being targeted because he plays a pivotal role in the defeat of Team Bad's plan.

That said, I do need to watch the movies, all of them. I've seen the cliffnotes in other writeups and they do show a VERY complicated, contradictory, inconsistent overarching theory but that there does exist some parts of TT theories that attach in different movies.
I admit, I cherished mine idea after movie 2 that Skynet was only trying to destroy humanity to kill John Connor, because they copied the chip from the first one to build Skynet. John connor being out of time actually creates the time loop of Skynet's existence(something they hinted at in a different way in Genesis... a shame, cause Genesis could/would have tied all the other timelines together in a 'the Magicians' sort of way). So Skynet exists to destroy John Connor and since they know he will be born into humanity, it target's humanity before he is born/during his life.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 09:46:59 PM »
An added plus with having marcone being involved with time travel, it gives him more time to have developed his martial, combat skills.  It gives him more time to have been a marine.