Author Topic: New WOJ's  (Read 13780 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
New WOJ's
« on: April 05, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
Placeholder
https://i.imgur.com/8qoIcmi.png
   Lucifer is nowhere close to the Biggest Bad.  He's not even on the tree.
   Look.  Lucy's main mission in life is to win an agrument...with GOD.  It's about humans and free will.  It's complicated beyond the mortal ability to understand, so we only know the shorthand of it.  He has bent the universe in the course of his argument, caused untold suffering, and he is NOWHERE CLOSE because in order to win an argument about the nature of the universe, YOU NEED TO HAVE A UNIVERSE.
   That, right there, gives him a limit other bads don't have.  Plus he is /really/ focused on his argument.  All the bad he does is in service to that.  It's not personal.  Well, it is, but it isn't.  You'll see when he shows up.
   But honestly, Nicodemus is more dangerous to the universe than Lucy, in some ways.

https://i.imgur.com/fPVMmap.png
Q: That's interesting indeed.  (AND I really want to see Harry, someday, talking to the Greatest of the Fallen and call him Lucy.
But if both God and Lucy agree they want the universe intact, that would imply that beings that want to destroy the universe are powerful enough to threaten both of them, otherwise God would be saying "No, you can't do that to My creation"...
A: Almighty isn't really about determining the order of the universe.  He isn't a GM.  He made us a sandbox game and then let us decide how to play it, and mod it.
   Now He's already told those forces, 'stay out of my sandbox' and they do.  But He's also gives us the sandbox.  And if we want to invite them in to screw it all up, well.  The void is still there.  Waiting.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/370363025439457282/428181535208767489/unknown.png
JIM: Fair warning, reported WOJ's that I see after conventions and whatnot are just dead wrong maybe a quarter of the time.  I used to try to correct them back in the day but then I thought, "I can't be spending so much time chasing plastic bags in a high wind" so I mostly stopped.
I am not merely an unreliable narrator. I am proactive about it.
FAN: I consider your quotes at Q&As as good frameworks to the future plans and as clarification, but that the finished books are always the iron-clad clarifications, because entire scenarios could be changed between one Q&A and when it actually comes time to write about it.  But I have seen people get into honest all-caps arguments over seemingly contradictory ideas between books and con discussions, so...
Jim: Yeah and most of those, at least the ones I've seen, are based on misheard or misunderstood statements.  And I have knowingly dropped misinformation based on those kind of fights at least twice.
Trust no one, not even the author!  Especially the author!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/370363025439457282/428620785247322143/Screenshot_20180328-142354.jpg
Fan: But...Now I don't know which 25% of the WOJ website to believe?
Jim:  Wouldn't believe any of it if I were you.  I don't do a lot of deliberate disinformation but I find that just a little bit of a lie makes all that truth so much more unreliable and therefore harder to predict :)
Fan: You sir have just sparked a new wave of insane theories. Take cover.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:36:38 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: New WOJ's
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 03:13:28 PM »
Like I believed before, Lucifer is on Team Good with respect to the existence of the Universe.  So it seems free willed mortals are more of a threat to the universe than many of the higher powered entities.  Though I suspect there are other high powered entities within universe that are a threat to the universe by virtue of the fact that they just don't have limits.

Now considering Mac=Corwin=?God, I'd say that Mac is a whisper of God in our reality that is Watching but must remain constrained particularly with respect to mortal free will.  Since there is a big argument with Lucifer over this particular point, I'd imagine it's safe to say it is something He can't cross.  Since He has given the universe to us as a Sandbox, it is up to us to Keep it.  I still imagine God can still appear within it.  Gryffyn  has argued that Mac is Raphael but I think we can take it up a notch and consider Mac as a projection of God.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:23:59 PM by raidem »

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 03:22:45 PM »
   Lucifer is nowhere close to the Biggest Bad.  He's not even on the tree.

A tree, eh? I didn't know the big bads all like to hang out on the branches of a leafless oak, vying for top perch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 03:24:40 PM »
Yeah, that rang wierd.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 05:08:19 PM »
I just assumed it was a response to an earlier comment, and that wasn't posted.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 05:53:07 PM »
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/370363025439457282/428181535208767489/unknown.png
JIM: Fair warning,  reported WOJ's that I see after conventions and whatnot are just dead wrong maybe a quarter of the time. I used to try to correct them back in the day but then I thought, "I can't be spending so much time chasing plastic bags in a high wind" so I mostly stopped.
I am not merely an unreliable narrator. I am proactive about it.
FAN: I consider your quotes at Q&As as good frameworks to the future plans and as clarification, but that the finished books are always the iron-clad clarifications, because entire scenarios could be changed between one Q&A and when it actually comes time to write about it.  But I have seen people get into honest all-caps arguments over seemingly contradictory ideas between books and con discussions, so...
Jim: Yeah and most of those, at least the ones I've seen, are based on misheard or misunderstood statements.  And I have knowingly dropped misinformation based on those kind of fights at least twice.
Trust no one, not even the author!  Especially the author!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/370363025439457282/428620785247322143/Screenshot_20180328-142354.jpg
Fan: But...Now I don't know which 25% of the WOJ website to believe?
Jim:  Wouldn't believe any of it if I were you. I don't do a lot of deliberate disinformation but I find that just a little bit of a lie makes all that truth so much more unreliable and therefore harder to predict :)
Fan: You sir have just sparked a new wave of insane theories. Take cover.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 05:54:51 PM by Quantus »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 06:17:50 PM »
Theories with in book evidence are now possible regardless of WoJ countering it now lol.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 06:18:55 PM »
Theories with in book evidence are now possible regardless of WoJ countering it now lol.

Did Pope Jim of Butcherolicism just become his own Martin Luther?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 06:27:45 PM »
Actually, I think he's subtly emphasizing that Harry is a poor narrator.  AND it leaves Jim with the OUT if he needs it.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 09:55:03 PM »
My deepest sympathies to Serack and those that helped with the WoJ collection.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 10:48:15 PM »
That's why I just don't believe any "WoJ" without video or a direct text from the man himself. 

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 11:38:53 PM »
That's why I just don't believe any "WoJ" without video or a direct text from the man himself.
But even with that, he's established that he's lied in his comments.  Even direct quotes are now officially questionable.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 11:48:35 PM »
But even with that, he's established that he's lied in his comments.  Even direct quotes are now officially questionable.
Yeah, but on the balance, I imagine there's going to more truth than fiction out of them.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 11:51:35 PM »
Well, dang. Didn't that just muddy the waters.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 12:21:52 AM »
I am curious as to where these came from, also.  I mean, facebook, ok, sure.  But why a screenshot and not a link?