Author Topic: Codex Alera Movie  (Read 6377 times)

Offline AldrickX

• Lurker
  • All things pass in time
    • View Profile
Codex Alera Movie
« on: March 25, 2018, 11:39:45 AM »
I know Im probably the only person that keeps reading The Codex Alera over and over and OVER again. And I know that Im probably the only person that wraps his "alternate life" around these books, i.e., my usernames on most sites, Steam, Origins, Uplay, blah blah blah, the names of characters I use in gaming, to even making whole gamer groups named after groups in the book(I play Elite Dangerous and the Wing Squadron I'm commander of is called The Ex Cursori, my largest ship is "The Queen of Alera" and my most trusted ship is "The Pride of Calderon", and I even have a ship I use for PvP I call "The Slive"). I love these books in other words. So I was wondering what I have to do to get The Codex Alera made into a 3 part movie? Don't get me wrong, Id love a whole 6 part movie, one for every book in the series, but lets be honest, I'll be the one funding MOST of this, and Im not rich.
What do I do first? Can I go to GoFundMe? Kickstarter? Stand on top of my house shouting my love for the books and begging for donations?
If anybody has any good ideas let me know.

Offline dreamcrusher

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Alera Movie
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:15:40 PM »
Love the series and have listened and read it at least 10 times each.  Would love to see it made into a live or animated series at some point as well!

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 05:34:25 PM »
Welcome! 

You are not alone, many of us want an Alera on screen.  AS I understand it the reason it has not been made yet has less to do with interest or funding and more to do with the business side of actually identifying and partnering with a studio that will work well both in front and behind the camera (or pen, in the case of animation?).  By all accounts the Dresden Files TV Show was quite the learning experience on that front. 

Also, there is the unavoidable fact that to do it right would require enough Author involvement that it would be guaranteed to delay book releases. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline maestrowilliam

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »
Definitely not alone. I have gone through this series so many times. Originally bought the books when they first came out and had to wait each year for the next installment. When I got my first smart phone and saw the accessibility of books at my fingers tips, I purchased digital copies. Recently I am going through them again via Audible. When ever I have nothing to read I go back to this series.  just cant get enough of it and spend many hours racking my brain for the perfect cast. As much as I want to see this series onscreen, whether it be a big budget movie or TV show, I fear that it wouldn't get done right. The technology is definitely there to illustrate the furycrafting, there are just so many books that get rushed to film and they are terrible. I hope it gets done some day, and I hope it is worth the wait.

Offline TheFatman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 02:21:09 AM »
Personally, the success of Game of Thrones and the fact that it is almost over and thus creating a bit of a void that needs filling, I think you'd be better off trying to sell something like the Codex to HBO or one of the other premium networks.  A shorter then usual season, longer then usual episodes, and the ability to use swearing and nudity (that second bit of particular importance where the Marat are concerned).  HBO in particular has shown to be capable of creating something on the scale the Codex requires.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 12:23:34 AM »
Welcome to forums. HBO isn't done with GoT world yet. Spinoffs are in the works.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?