Author Topic: Dog Men Release Q&A Suggestions  (Read 11119 times)

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Men Release Q&A Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2018, 09:10:20 PM »
Harry does sure, but my question was about what he feeds the 'Za Lord Guard

Oops, read that wrongly, sorry!

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »
No, Harry buys (and eats when he does) Pizza'spress Pizza.  IIRC he even said he liked it best because that is what he ate a LOT of when he couldn't afford better.

Living in New York my whole life has really turned me into a pizza snob. I go to conventions a few times a year in Pennsylvania, and the group of friends I have there always order a bunch of pizzas at some point, and I just never have the heart to tell them that they're just eating moist bread with some cheese. It's to the point that I'd rather get Domino's if I'm out of New York, and eating that here is a fast way to ostracize yourself. (Also, a pizza should never be ten slices. I don't understand why other regions do it that way. It's insanity.)

Anyway, I feel for Harry. Not having access to a never-ending bounty of Italian-American feasts for reasonable prices is a fate worse than death.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 03:53:04 PM »
LOL ... I actually think that Jim Modeled Pizza'Spress after Little Cesars'.  I know that used to be our go-to when budget was slim, but you have to have pizza.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2018, 06:43:53 AM »
Jim, could you give us a preview by reading the first 2 (or 3) chapters of Peace Talks?

Ok, I know you can't ask him to do that but he's done things like that in the past, so it would be really cool if he did it now.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 09:29:12 AM »
Hi all,

I've been lurking around for several years and never have had the chance to attend one of Jim's events. But next week I will be attending the Dog Men Release Q&A/ Signing and I wanted to open the floor up for suggestions. Both my wife and my brother will be joining me so if we are lucky we should be able to ask at least 3. So far I have the following:

What does Harry believe the distinction is, if any, between the Black Council and Nemesis factions? To what extent is he correct?

What did Mouse mean in Changes when he says that he won Harry?
I believe WOJ is that Lea and Mouse intended different meanings of the word won, but I am hoping for some clarification.

If Thomas took up Amoracchius to become a KotC, as a career rather than a one night stand, what would happen to his Demon?
I know Thomas is uncomfortable with all things Holy to begin with but this might shed some light on a pet theory of mine.

Who was Goodman Gray paying rent to in Skin Game?
A little too direct maybe, but one can hope.

Eager to hear your thoughts and/or suggestions folks.

My speculation is the Mouse won Harry when Mouse competed with his litter siblings for getting to have Harry as his master. Remember the other puppies were in the box and Mouse was hidden out of the box with a notched ear (probably from fighting his siblings for Harry). It was no coincidence that Mouse came to Harry.

My guess is. Goodman Grey was paying rent (doing jobs and favors) to be able to stay on the mortal realm with support probably from Vadderung and or other powers, without problems like the other Naagloshi who are not supposed to be here anymore.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 04:05:14 PM »
My speculation is the Mouse won Harry when Mouse competed with his litter siblings for getting to have Harry as his master. Remember the other puppies were in the box and Mouse was hidden out of the box with a notched ear (probably from fighting his siblings for Harry). It was no coincidence that Mouse came to Harry.

My guess is. Goodman Grey was paying rent (doing jobs and favors) to be able to stay on the mortal realm with support probably from Vadderung and or other powers, without problems like the other Naagloshi who are not supposed to be here anymore.

I wonder if maybe he isn't working for Mab, and he's trying to help pay off some of her Debt/Karma by proxy.  We know she's trying to balance her books, so there is that possibility.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2018, 04:39:45 PM »
Has anyone heard from the original poster?  How did the Q&A go?  Was he able to ask his questions?  Learn anything new?

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2018, 08:41:19 PM »
Living in New York my whole life has really turned me into a pizza snob.
It's possible to turn into a Pizza snob outside Italy? :o

As to Goodman's Rent, it seemed clearly of the divine variety from how he said it, and with the Naagloshii's heavenly issues, that seems indeed to be something to stay on Heaven's un-smitten side.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2018, 02:03:11 AM »
I wonder if maybe he isn't working for Mab, and he's trying to help pay off some of her Debt/Karma by proxy.  We know she's trying to balance her books, so there is that possibility.

The emphasis on rent suggests it's not just any old debt; there's some specific element of paying to be somewhere.

It's probably something to do with being able to retain his strength and shape-shifting off of the traditional skinwalker territories. I'd tend to guess the full-blooded skinwalkers might not take too kindly to him living on their turf.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2018, 06:52:32 PM »
Yes, but a dollar?  How would that pay anything?  I'm thinking the dollar was a symbol for something else.

Or maybe, like the Fay, he "charged" a dollar, but is really putting Harry into a bigger debt than Harry knows. (I really doubt this, but hey, as long as we're asking)

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2018, 07:47:42 PM »
Or maybe, like the Fay, he "charged" a dollar, but is really putting Harry into a bigger debt than Harry knows. (I really doubt this, but hey, as long as we're asking)

I also doubt this because Harry paying him a dollar signified the end of their agreement. Their was an exchange of services for the payment. I don't see a way Gray could come back later and demand more. Especially since Harry has previously shown caution in contracts and agreements.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »
It's possible to turn into a Pizza snob outside Italy? :o

Oh yeah. I'll bend the knee to Italy when it comes to pasta, but I'll stack Branchinelli's pizza against anything Italy has to offer.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2018, 04:44:43 PM »
I also doubt this because Harry paying him a dollar signified the end of their agreement. Their was an exchange of services for the payment. I don't see a way Gray could come back later and demand more. Especially since Harry has previously shown caution in contracts and agreements.

That was kind of the thought behind him doing things to pay of debts for others.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2018, 07:55:21 PM »
Oh yeah. I'll bend the knee to Italy when it comes to pasta, but I'll stack Branchinelli's pizza against anything Italy has to offer.
Especially because italian pizza isn't that good.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 02:32:11 PM »
That was kind of the thought behind him doing things to pay of debts for others.

I figured what Grey was really getting out of the matter was mainly from Vadderung in exchange for just being available for Harry to 'hire'. It was probably only a dollar because some aspect of the job appealed to him and he just has to keep up his code of being a mercenary so he has to charge something.

Like, Kincaid would probably not care much about money either if someone was shopping around contracts on Nicodemus. Payment would just be a mercenary excuse for doing something he really wants to anyway. (Actually, with Nic left on the run at the end of SG and Marcone having put a price on him, I wonder if Kincaid will be tempted to leave Ivy's service now that she's older and go head-hunting)