Author Topic: Faerie Queens Full(?) List  (Read 5518 times)

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
Faerie Queens Full(?) List
« on: March 09, 2018, 12:58:35 AM »
Looking through the books and the various WoJ, I was trying to pin down a complete list of the Faerie queens (referring to their individual successors):

MOTHER WINTER
*Mother Winter (only holder of the title)

WINTER QUEEN
*Unknown number of predecessors (immediate predecessor died c. 1066)
*Mab (c. 1066 to present)

WINTER LADY
*??
*Mab (unknown to c. 1066, ascended to Winter Queen)
*1 or more unknown Winter Ladies
*Maeve (~200 years ago to Cold Days)
*Molly Carpenter (Cold Days to present)

MOTHER SUMMER
*Unknown number of predecessors (only 1 predecessor in recorded history)
*Current Mother Summer (sometime in recorded history to present)

SUMMER QUEEN
*Unknown number of predecessors
*Titania (c. 1066 to present)

SUMMER LADY
*??
*Titania (unknown to c. 1066, ascended to Summer Queen)
*??
*Aurora (unknown to Summer Knight)
*Lily (Summer Knight to Cold Days)
*Sarissa (Cold Days to present)

I put "??" where it's unknown if there was a predecessor or queen in the time period (for example, we don't know if Mab/Titania had predecessors as the Ladies, and we don't know if there were any Ladies between Titania and Aurora).

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Faerie Queens Full(?) List
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:21:09 AM »
So, would Mother Winter be the closest to the source of Fae power?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 01:51:31 AM »

I don't follow your meaning.  Do you mean the list order?  That was just arbitrary.  Mother Winter is the only one of the six to be the only one to hold her mantle.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 02:10:37 AM »

The Mother Winter mantle might yet even turn out to be the portion of power the original Hecate chose to keep for herself when dividing the Courts and queen mantles.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 02:52:49 AM »
Although not certain wouldn't the current Mother Summer be one of the previous Summer Queens?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 10:37:13 AM »
I don't follow your meaning.  Do you mean the list order?  That was just arbitrary.  Mother Winter is the only one of the six to be the only one to hold her mantle.
I guess I am saying the being holding the Winter Mother mantle has always been Winter Mother. The other beings holding Fae Mantles came later. So, Winter Mother could have the greatest understanding of Fae Queen origins.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 11:41:59 AM »
From what I gathered there were six souls that took the Queen mantles to include Mother Winter.  So, I do believe even she was mortal once.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 12:13:39 PM »
Now you should list all of the potential Ladies and Queens across all the pantheons. Start with triple goddesses and go from their.  List them in chronological order as much as possible. Some may be different names for the same host, while some might be different hosts.

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 12:54:27 PM »

Any chance that Winter queens are stronger in general? We know that Mab has considerably more minions under her control than summer does.  Summer has 40k to counteract the 40k Winter has 'not on guard duty'.  So based on what we have seen from toot toot accumulating power from having more faries under his control increases his power this should translate to that winter is stronger then summer. 

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 02:48:55 PM »
Any chance that Winter queens are stronger in general? We know that Mab has considerably more minions under her control than summer does.  Summer has 40k to counteract the 40k Winter has 'not on guard duty'.  So based on what we have seen from toot toot accumulating power from having more faries under his control increases his power this should translate to that winter is stronger then summer.

Very fair point, and certainly possible. In terms of personal power, I'd say the Queens are equals, as are the Ladies (generally speaking). There very well may be a power difference between the Mothers, however.

I'd say that when you reach the scale of the Mothers, the difference in relative power, however vast from our tiny human perspective, is probably not all that much.

Point of order, however: my understanding of the WoJ on Toot-Toot is that his size and power increases as Harry's does, not so much that he has more followers.

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »
Very fair point, and certainly possible. In terms of personal power, I'd say the Queens are equals, as are the Ladies (generally speaking). There very well may be a power difference between the Mothers, however.

I'd say that when you reach the scale of the Mothers, the difference in relative power, however vast from our tiny human perspective, is probably not all that much.

Point of order, however: my understanding of the WoJ on Toot-Toot is that his size and power increases as Harry's does, not so much that he has more followers.

If the power differential is in the mothers then mother winter is by far much stronger then mother summer, but maybe due to her missing walking stick is less able to use her power?

also jim frequently uses the term 'influence' to describe fairy power.  I would imagine having more subordinates and controlling the defense of reality is a lot of influence. 

Offline YoungestGruff

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 07:18:48 PM »
Somebody loop me in: Where is it said that there was a previous Mother Summer?

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 07:28:06 PM »
1. the mothers - how does a queen become a mother? like after a thousand yrs, old winter dies and mab becomes the new mother?
Essentially abdication.  The previous mother wearies of her duty and moves along.  There's been one new Mother Summer during recorded human history.  Mother Winter has never retired.
-WoJ

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 03:16:01 PM »
Although not certain wouldn't the current Mother Summer be one of the previous Summer Queens?

Most likely yes, but there wasn't any explicit confirmation I was aware of.  We've seen the Ladies have their mantle passed to someone outside of the court (ie Molly), so hypothetically that could happen higher up as well.  Unless, we assume the Queens and Mothers have an automatic upgrade of the Fae the next rung down the ladder to their position.  (For example, we could assume that if Mother Winter dies, Mab automatically becomes Mother Winter, instead of the nearest vessel getting the mantle, as with the Ladies).

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 01:56:50 PM »
Most likely yes, but there wasn't any explicit confirmation I was aware of.  We've seen the Ladies have their mantle passed to someone outside of the court (ie Molly), so hypothetically that could happen higher up as well.  Unless, we assume the Queens and Mothers have an automatic upgrade of the Fae the next rung down the ladder to their position.  (For example, we could assume that if Mother Winter dies, Mab automatically becomes Mother Winter, instead of the nearest vessel getting the mantle, as with the Ladies).
They do have an automatic upgrade, at least that was very much how Mab described it while Harry had a gun to her head on Demonreach that time.  The only doubt Ive heard regarding the current  Mother Summer is that there are some WOJ's that can be made to imply that /both/ queens were killed around the whole Hasting's shakeup, and that it could be possible that the Current Mother Summer might have skipped the Queen Stage and gone directly from Lady (or even pre-Lady Candidate) directly to Mother, if enough Death were to happen all at once. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain