Author Topic: Mavra and a Coin?  (Read 1680 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Mavra and a Coin?
« on: April 14, 2018, 06:25:17 PM »
This is more speculation because I don't really know if a Black Court vamp could take up a Coin..  I know she wanted revenge on Michael for destroying her nest, which is a great reason to want to unmake the Sword.  However is there a chance that she took up a Coin to aid her in taking on a KoTC?  She even seemed to think that Michael with his Sword would have been "interesting", a pretty cocky attitude.  Why would she think she could take on a KoTC?  She probably came closer than anyone else in unmaking a Sword, something that may have occurred because a Fallen had been helping her...  She allied herself with Bianca who became very powerful, very quickly.  So quickly that she was about to be promoted within the Red Court.  Just makes me wonder if this could be a little twist on things.  Mavra's little ace up her sleeve when she finally squares off with Harry.  After all she was pretty dangerous before, but Harry is much much more powerful than he was.  The Dresden of today vs the Mavra of the earlier books doesn't seem like much of a fight I don't think.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:26:55 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mavra and a Coin?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 03:10:01 AM »
I'm in the theory camp that a BCV just isn't close enough to a human to be compatible as a host, given the "tainted by something hideous and unworldly". That phrasing of "unworldly" sounds like it might be a hint that they're linked to the Outside, and there's that WOJ that Harry telling Lash right before she sacrificed herself that he'd want answers about Maggie Sr. - Outsider - Black Court connection that it was not a type for "Black Council". If the Black Court are Outside-affiliated, and those of us who think Deirdre's talk of the Denarians "saving the world" are correct in interpreting that as save it from the Outsiders via scorched-earth tactics, a blampire might even be outright on the Fallen's enemies list. Even if that's not quite it, everything Nic said about hating the Red court (asthetically gross, and competing powers with growth potential are a threat to his own plans) goes for the Black as well.

Mavra probably will have had some sort of power growth to stay threatening (besides the soulfire and Winter powerups, there's also whatever the Word of Kemmler taught him necromancy could do to the BCV). But she can do that by having learned a MacGuffin of her own from Kemmler's book, and / or by coming back at the head of a scourge of a bunch of low-level mooks to distract Harry next time she shows up.

Although, like Harry himself, Mavra is quite capable of threatening adversaries of greater raw power by superior planning and sneakiness. With vampiric speed and her ability with veils, she could be incredibly dangerous just running around invisibly skewering people on a sword or breaking necks.