Author Topic: Changes and the Curse that....  (Read 7096 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Changes and the Curse that....
« on: February 24, 2018, 05:17:10 AM »
Changes and the Curse that gave people a glimpse of the future....  People around the globe got a glimpse of unimaginable destruction that could not be stopped.  This is significant or it would not have been mentioned.  Harry has a 2 minute gap in his memory, could Leah or Vadderung removed it?  Did Harry's subconscious block it?  Will Harry gain access to it once again from Bonnie? 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Changes and the Curse that....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 05:26:19 AM »
I think that was just regular trauma.  But in his case, Id Harry, since his unconscious mind is personified.  So either Id took control and Harry unconsciously rode along until he was ready, or Harry drove, and Id blocked the immediate memories so Harry could function.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 05:41:34 AM »
I think that was just regular trauma.  But in his case, Id Harry, since his unconscious mind is personified.  So either Id took control and Harry unconsciously rode along until he was ready, or Harry drove, and Id blocked the immediate memories so Harry could function.

Well the reason I asked about Leah, or Vadderung (or ID Harry) is because Harry being at ground zero may have gotten a more detailed image of what the others were dreaming and for whatever reason they felt it best that Harry was not aware.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 11:44:04 AM »
Well the reason I asked about Leah, or Vadderung (or ID Harry) is because Harry being at ground zero may have gotten a more detailed image of what the others were dreaming and for whatever reason they felt it best that Harry was not aware.
I'm not sure either could do anything to him without his explicit agreement.  If it was so overwhelming, he probably wouldn't have been in the right state of mind to bargain, and I can't see him giving Lea carte blanche with his mind.

Maybe if Id was involved as a negotiator, he could have handled that.  But then we've also got Murphy right there, and I'm not sure she'd stand by and let Lea do anything to him unless he was convulsing on the floor.

Still, I guess it's possible. 

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 03:18:03 PM »
I think at some point Harry will have made a deal about memories and a span of time.  These two minute sections here and there add up or will add up to it.  There seems to be many references to two minutes throughout the series.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 03:37:37 PM »
Pity he didn't take the opportunity to recover that memory while he was dead-ish.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 05:49:06 PM »
Pity he didn't take the opportunity to recover that memory while he was dead-ish.
Well, now that he knows he has every memory from his life stored somewhere, he might be able to learn a meditation technique to access those memories. 

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 07:06:57 PM »
He does have access to Demonreach with a Room devoted to Memory and Thought.  Of course, we haven't viewed Harry having used it.  I'm sure he has though.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 08:53:33 PM »
I am waiting for that room to get used again.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 10:51:35 PM »
Wait, what room? The one Mab and Alfred kept his body in during Ghost Story?
Some people are like slinkies; they're utterly useless, yet you can't help but smile as they fall down the stairs.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 11:48:27 PM »
Even if Harry can't remember, I get Bonnie has a perfect collection of everything.
k moinuddin

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 03:27:09 AM »

I think it is a glimpse of the BAT, but when he got it Harry wasn't ready to deal with it, so it has been blocked for now..

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 11:30:53 AM »
Wait, what room? The one Mab and Alfred kept his body in during Ghost Story?
Demonreach said it was a mediatation room of some sort.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Darkest-Before-Dawn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 01:19:33 PM »
Changes and the Curse that gave people a glimpse of the future....  People around the globe got a glimpse of unimaginable destruction that could not be stopped. 

Do we know that the visions they got were prophetic? I don't have the book to hand but seem to recall there was a common theme of children dying and pregnant women were most affected? I always assumed that was a symbolic representation of the "family" that was the Red Court dying because of a bloodline curse and was caused by the dispersion of their magical energy, not necessarily a glimpse into a possible future.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 02:06:50 PM »
I'm not sure either could do anything to him without his explicit agreement. 
Likely True, but unfortunately I think Id-Harry counts as Harry for the purposes of that sort of Permission, at least some of the time; after all Lash was dealing with Id-Harry when Ego-Harry was being too stubborn. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain