Author Topic: Bonnie will become a target WAG  (Read 4449 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Bonnie will become a target WAG
« on: February 23, 2018, 04:32:29 AM »
Bonnie in some ways may be even more knowledgeable than Bob...  Knowledge of an Angel, Word of Kemmler, and whatever crumbs that Harry had left over LoL...  Anyways it makes total sense to me that someone would want that kind of knowledge, especially considering how vulnerable she would be to manipulation.  If she was targeted, who do you think would want her?  I'm wondering if Cowl won't set his sights on her.  Or a threat that causes a much bigger dilemma for Harry, the White Council.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:35:03 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Bonnie will become a target WAG
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:32:41 AM »
Only like, 5 people know about Bonnie, so that seems unlikely- unless Nick or Lasciel comes back for another round.

And even if they found her, she's apparently a complete idiot despite all her knowledge so I doubt she'd be much use.

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
yep considering she is literally baby when born there is at least 10 or more years to let her understand and handle the power she has.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 09:30:07 PM »
Only like, 5 people know about Bonnie, so that seems unlikely- unless Nick or Lasciel comes back for another round.

And even if they found her, she's apparently a complete idiot despite all her knowledge so I doubt she'd be much use.

The entire internet has no brain, or reasoning ability, and yet it's users have access to vast information.  Just because she doesn't know how to apply the knowledge doesn't mean someone else wouldn't know how to get to it.

People who know she exists for sure:
Mab
Molly
Lasciel
Alfred
Bob
Maggie Jr

That secret could easily get out, or be traded away.  Chances are good that Vadderung, Hades, or anyone else who throws around massive power, and be able to sense it in Harry knows.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 09:32:34 PM »
I think Bonnie technically counts as a Nephilim.

Nicodemus is said to regularly destroy collections of lore concerning the order of blackened denarius. I bet Bonnie knows the names, sigil, abilities, histories of the whole order. Look at what Harry is capable of using what little he knows of the nickel heads. Bonnie knowing every little secret of the order, she could do to them, what the publication of Dracula did yo the BCV.
k moinuddin

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 12:56:19 PM »
I would argue that Bonnie is no more open to manipulation then bob.  Bob is bound to serve the one who owns the skull.  You need not manipulate him when you can just command him.  I would assume that if Bonnie is a intellectual spirit just like bob then she too would be at the mercy of who is holding her skull.  Also I agree with the post that her information that she contains would make her valuable depending on what she knows.  But then again Bob knows how to kill an immortal.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »
Are we sure she has all the knowledge that Lash had?  I know she has a LOT of data, but everything Lash had?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »
Are we sure she has all the knowledge that Lash had?  I know she has a LOT of data, but everything Lash had?

Yup, all the knowledge of an Angel.  Jim said so.  It's just she doesn't know how to apply it.  Basically a super computer that has the maturity level of a very small child.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 06:56:40 PM »
I would argue that Bonnie is no more open to manipulation then bob.  Bob is bound to serve the one who owns the skull.  You need not manipulate him when you can just command him.  I would assume that if Bonnie is a intellectual spirit just like bob then she too would be at the mercy of who is holding her skull.  Also I agree with the post that her information that she contains would make her valuable depending on what she knows.  But then again Bob knows how to kill an immortal.

But he does not have the knowledge of Kemmler (anymore), and he doesn't have the knowledge of an Angel.

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »

Why would you assume she is just like Bob? The Denarians aren't compelled to obey coin holders and humans have free will. Bonnie is a mix of the two.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 07:48:27 PM »
According to Word of Jim, Bob made a deal for service. WOJ:

Why does Bob have to obey whoever owns his skull? Is it because of the enchantments on the skull, or is it just that all spiritual entities must obey whoever controls their sanctum?
It’s the bargain Bob made to be who he is, basically. The skull is essentially his contract–shelter in exchange for service.

Bob's service is tied to the skull because of the deal he made, evidently with Etienne the Enchanter (who may or may not have birthed him similarly to Dresden). Bonnie is under no such contract, as far as I can tell; her skull is merely a shelter Dresden gave to her willingly—much like any father would. Now, Dresden may be able to forge a new deal with Bonnie, and has hopefully learned enough about deals to make one that doesn't put Bonnie's ownership at risk, but as far as I can tell, the same restrictions don't necessarily apply to Bonnie currently.

Unless the very act of providing the skull and Bonnie using it forges a contract all on its own. It's entirely possible that, because Harry based Bonnie's skull on Bob's, part of the enchantments etched into it include a kind of binding. It may not be a conscious quid pro quo deal like you get with the Fae, so I think it might just be a coin toss about how Bonnie's service is going to work. If she's not bound, then Bonnie can play merry hell with Chicago.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 10:59:37 PM »
I wonder if Bonnie can learn what she needs from Bob and Alfred? We know she is a baby, but how long would it take to mature/develop?

Part of me thinks Bob will somehow consume evil Bob, but what if Bonnie does, could she use him yo better access her knowledge and abilities?
k moinuddin

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 11:49:36 PM »
Not gonna happen. She needs to remain incapable of comprehending basic concepts so that she doesn't break the story by telling Harry everything now.

This way, Jim can use her as a font of information when convenient, without having her be too useful to Harry because she only figures out what vital information to feed to Dresden in about chapter 26 of each book.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:51:10 PM by forumghost »

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 01:12:28 AM »
The impression I get, it that apparently she is unaware of her knowledge base on a concious level. What about answers to specific question? That had specific and definite answers. Say he asks for the names and sigils of the Denarian order. That is 30 angelic names and symbols. Harry just needs to know the right question to ask, and the right manner in which to do so.
k moinuddin

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 04:54:31 AM »
Not gonna happen. She needs to remain incapable of comprehending basic concepts so that she doesn't break the story by telling Harry everything now.

This way, Jim can use her as a font of information when convenient, without having her be too useful to Harry because she only figures out what vital information to feed to Dresden in about chapter 26 of each book.

You know with all power seems to come some responsibility.  I wonder if because she has all the knowledge of an Angel she will be in some ways bound from turning over that information when she reaches the maturity to do so.