Author Topic: Future Darkhallow  (Read 11787 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Future Darkhallow
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »
Im not sure there actually /is/ any straight "Good" Power, at least not in the sense of a Power that would Push you towards Goodness the way Dark & Violent powers push you toward a fall; Hell, literal Angels can go bad.  I think that sort of think is supposed to go in one direction only. 

Which makes sense since one of the WOJ definitions of "Good" in the DV is specifically that the Good Side respects Free Will, so by the nature of DV Goodness it would not Push you the way Evil does, since Evil doesnt respect your Right to Choose.

I see what you're saying but have a slight different look at it.  It's likely true that someone like an Angel isn't going to trick someone into excepting a form of good/light energy.  But a free willed person like Harry could for example force a Walker to absorb a great deal of light or good energy bringing about it's destruction, or turn it towards the light.  I mean in theory anyways, I don't really know.

I do think there is good power, and evil power.  Lets pretend that there was thousands of worshipers who believed in a "love deity" that spread peace, and love and it created a Mantle of sorts.  If that Mantle was somehow transferred to Lord Raith, he would probably no longer be his evil self. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2018, 12:13:50 AM »
It is believed a version of the hollow ritual will be used again. So it likely has similar preparations and requirements. So while the bad guy tries to finish his ritual, Harry does the original and feed that to him at the same time.
k moinuddin

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2018, 03:36:47 AM »
My theory is that a BCV or a necromancer will use a version of the dark hollow, to consume most if not all the remaining elders of the BCV. The concentration of the power in the elders could create something very dangerous.

Would that even work?  I'm honestly not sure.

Black Court are the real deal, the actual, true vampires.  They're dead[/b].  I'm not sure a Darkhallow could consume them, since I'm not sure there's anything there to consume.  It might be a little like trying to eat hunger.  In fact, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that there's a connection or similarity between what a Darkhallow does and what's inside a Black vampire.

I could be wrong, though, IDR any word of JB on the matter.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2018, 03:41:25 AM »
So, that's actually a point of some discussion.  By everything we learned about the Mantle during SK, the Stone Table should not have been required to pass the Knight Mantle; either court can make a new get a Knight all year long regardless of who's season it is to have the Table, and most Knights die in combat with their opposite rather than being sacrificed by their own Queen. IN SK they only needed the table to enact the Cross-Court transfer.

I don't know that it is required, it may just be that Mab wanted to do it that way, to make Harry commit murder as part of his accession.  It would be like her.

She may also have been doing something Unusual with this Knighting, as others have speculated.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:01:48 AM by LordDresden2 »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 04:40:03 AM »

Pulls off a Darkhallow in the Fomor's realm...
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.