Author Topic: Maggie Sr  (Read 11653 times)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Sr
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2018, 06:29:52 PM »
Naw .... He could (probably) just give them the list of fairly innocuous ingredients.  Heck, even give them an actual sample.  Let them analyze it.  They'd say it has no reason for working, but as long as it does work, people will still buy it.
So long as he kept a clean shop and passed inspection, and didn't specifically market his business as treating any disease, there's no reason for the FDA to come a-knockin'. There are plenty of holistic businesses operating all over the place. He could just say it's head massage mixed with oils and aromatherapy, and show them what's in his potions. Once word of mouth spread, the Bald Community (I assume it's a community) would be lined up around the block.

On a more serious note, imagine what that would do for people undergoing chemotherapy.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2018, 07:02:23 PM »
Oh, it would be HUGE.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2018, 07:19:00 PM »
View from inside Dresden's Hair Restoration and Baldness Therapy: https://youtu.be/uYBce9Gsz7g?t=35s

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »
Naw .... He could (probably) just give them the list of fairly innocuous ingredients.  Heck, even give them an actual sample.  Let them analyze it.  They'd say it has no reason for working, but as long as it does work, people will still buy it.
COnsidering some of hte actual ingredients can be things like sandpaper and motor oil, I dont really think they'd give him that much benefit of the doubt.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2018, 07:33:16 PM »
COnsidering some of hte actual ingredients can be things like sandpaper and motor oil, I dont really think they'd give him that much benefit of the doubt.

And what would happen?

The line would still be waiting, and eventually the crowd would change the minds of the "authorities".  Just look at prohibition.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »
And what would happen?

The line would still be waiting, and eventually the crowd would change the minds of the "authorities".  Just look at prohibition.
There would be no line.  I dont care what you claim your magic potion will do, once it becomes known that it has a random hodge-podge of entirely poisonous ingredients and not simply debatable bad for you like drugs or alcohol, it will be viewed as equivalent to "Weight-loss by Crack Addiction".  That's not to say there wouldnt be some takers out there, but they'd be the same sort that would be willing to pay for the sort of back-alley plastic surgery you read about where they are getting injected with Concrete mix and fix-a-flat injections
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2018, 06:09:36 PM »
I think this is one where we'll have to agree to disagree.  LOL

Results matter.

And Sandpaper? For hair growth. Pshaw!!

LOL

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »
In the real world you have to get approved by government agencies, and your product goes under testing.  Harry would have to sell it on the black market...  For some things that would make him rich, but I doubt selling a cure for baldness on the black market would get him a ton of money.  Especially since you can just get hair implants and grow your own hair now.

If Harry had no morals his black market product would be love potions like Susan took.  Rich people who have everything except for the person they desire, but get turned down by would pay vast amounts of money.  If someone is willing to pay hundreds of millions for a painting they will pay a huge price so they can possess the person of their desires.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:39:32 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »
In the real world you have to get approved by government agencies, and your product goes under testing.  Harry would have to sell it on the black market...  For some things that would make him rich, but I doubt selling a cure for baldness on the black market would get him a ton of money.  Especially since you can just get hair implants and grow your own hair now.
Indeed, this was my thought as well.

If Harry had no morals his black market product would be love potions like Susan took.  Rich people who have everything except for the person they desire, but get turned down by would pay vast amounts of money.  If someone is willing to pay hundreds of millions for a painting they will pay a huge price so they can possess the person of their desires.
Agreed, though I strongly suspect that potion would be viewed as a Grey area in the Laws at best, given that it's introducing foreign drives and motivations to a person's psychy. You start selling that (which would amount to a magical date rape drug) and I expect that would push it over the edge in the WC's mind.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/