Author Topic: new faith astor therory  (Read 3990 times)

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
new faith astor therory
« on: February 04, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »
I believe that faith Astor is the girl that got Rudolph in trouble and sent him to SI.

in one of the books it is mentioned that Rudolph ended up getting his career destroyed  because he was chasing after a society girl who's family was connected politically and the family did not like it. he was transferred in as a way of punishing him for the indiscretion.

if any one could expand on this please.  or just shoot holes in the idea.
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: new faith astor therory
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:05:01 PM »
Rudolph was in SI as far back as Fool Moon.  Faith Astor would have only been 15ish then at the oldest, unless she had gone into the NeverNever to age.

I believe that faith Astor is the girl that got Rudolph in trouble and sent him to SI.
in one of the books it is mentioned that Rudolph ended up getting his career destroyed  because he was chasing after a society girl who's family was connected politically and the family did not like it. he was transferred in as a way of punishing him for the indiscretion.
You need to search the books for the text to accompany the story.  That will help.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 08:16:01 PM »
I doubt it, because not everything needs to be tied together in a perfect knot.

However, if he WAS chasing after a 15 year old girl, that'd be the kind of things her parents would probably not like at all.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »
Actually she'd probably be 13-14 (10+2/3y+6m). Either way, a 23+yo chasing after a 13-14yo isn't "send him to SI as punishment".  It's "send him to county prison".

It'd be more interesting (but unlikely and small-worlded) if he started out trying to rescue Justine, only to have the Raiths squash his career on behalf of Thomas. 

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:14:35 PM »
Actually she'd probably be 13-14 (10+2/3y+6m). Either way, a 23+yo chasing after a 13-14yo isn't "send him to SI as punishment".  It's "send him to county prison".
Yes, but don't forget that she can be as old or as young as she needs to be to make the theory work because time travel is a thing.

Also, chasing after a kid isn't necessarily criminal.  But is certainly something that could get you unofficially sanctioned.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 09:54:21 PM »
Yes, but don't forget that she can be as old or as young as she needs to be to make the theory work because time travel is a thing.
Her going back into the NeverNever could feasibly age her again.  But, the more and more you rely on these things the more and more one such thing/occurrence is false.  And yes, it applies to my theories too.

And no, I don't like the theory.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:58:27 PM by raidem »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 11:01:55 PM »
Also, chasing after a kid isn't necessarily criminal.  But is certainly something that could get you unofficially sanctioned.
Depending on what it was, it could easily be classified as criminal stalking, especially given that she's a minor, which is a criminal offence in Illinois if the family feared for her.

http://victimsofcrime.org/our-programs/stalking-resource-center/stalking-laws/criminal-stalking-laws-by-state/illinois

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 07:30:31 AM »
Nah, Faith is too young. Rudolph is a slimeball, but not that kind of slimeball.

Besides, she's already responsible for Murphy being shunted to SI.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 03:57:21 PM »
Besides, she's already responsible for Murphy being shunted to SI.

Faith is?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 08:14:40 PM »
Faith is?

Well, it's really just my headcanon but basically:

We know that Murphy was a beat cop in Restoration of Faith, when she first met Harry and fought a Troll.
We know that Murphy was 'promoted' to SI because she wouldn't play politics.
We know that Faith's family are a bunch of Rich Assholes that tried to frame Harry/Ragged Angel Investigations for Kidnapping just to save face/a few bucks.

So theory: When Murph brought Faith in she backed the girl's statement about running away and not being kidnapped, and in retaliation the Astor's got her shunted over to SI because they're rich, petty, assholes.

So yeah, Faith got Karrin sent to SI.

(Although you could also argue this means that Murphy career going sideways was all Harry's fault.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:20:27 PM by forumghost »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 09:31:50 PM »
I refer to the above.
I like it.
I'll go with it.
I'll go with faith being related to Harry.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:31:37 PM by raidem »

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »
I thought that FM said that Rudolf got sent to SI for fooling around with the wrong City Councilman's daughter.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 10:29:55 PM »
I can accept Faith being the reason for Murphy's "promotion" to SI. As for Rudolph, I am less concerned about him prior to joining SI as I am what he was getting into after joining SI. We have less than a handful of vague references to Chicago's political structure and members. I count that as a suggestion of their less-than-relevant influence.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 10:41:42 PM »
Well, it's really just my headcanon but basically:

We know that Murphy was a beat cop in Restoration of Faith, when she first met Harry and fought a Troll.
We know that Murphy was 'promoted' to SI because she wouldn't play politics.
We know that Faith's family are a bunch of Rich Assholes that tried to frame Harry/Ragged Angel Investigations for Kidnapping just to save face/a few bucks.

So theory: When Murph brought Faith in she backed the girl's statement about running away and not being kidnapped, and in retaliation the Astor's got her shunted over to SI because they're rich, petty, assholes.

So yeah, Faith got Karrin sent to SI.

(Although you could also argue this means that Murphy career going sideways was all Harry's fault.)
My only issue with that is that a "beat cop" getting promoted to Lieutenant? and in charge of a whole division? even if it's SI, I don't see that. I think she would have at least made detective before being put in charge...

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 11:37:47 PM »
My only issue with that is that a "beat cop" getting promoted to Lieutenant? and in charge of a whole division? even if it's SI, I don't see that. I think she would have at least made detective before being put in charge...

That was more or less what I meant, yeah- 'promoted' to a position in SI, then she worked her way up to running the unit.