Author Topic: Peace Talks - German fans still waiting too, ... so is Amazon.  (Read 10799 times)

Offline umgramm

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Peace Talks - German fans still waiting too, ... so is Amazon.
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:15:02 AM »
Amazon Germany was very optimistic those days, ... so preorder ist still open.
But it will be worth waiting.

https://picload.org/view/ddpprcoi/unbenannt-2.jpg.html

Offline Gatekeeper100

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks - German fans still waiting too, ... so is Amazon.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 05:09:59 AM »
It's been almost 4 years since Skin Game (2014).  I've officially given up interest in waiting.  I haven't posted here in about a year.  Check in every 3-4 months to look for progress.  Jim just off on a lot of tangents.  I give up.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 05:46:04 PM »
It will come when it comes. 
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Cat Sith

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 06:23:57 AM »
Find a new author. Accept that this universe is dead. If he had something worthwhile to write for the Dresden Files, this book would've come out two years ago. Clearly, he's stuck, the cavalcade of excuses notwithstanding. Appreciate what was written to this point, and acknowledge that the rest of the story ain't getting written or published. Not a bad reminder to us all - don't become emotionally invested in any author's long series - there will be a sharp dropoff in quality, quantity, or both.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
Find a new author. Accept that this universe is dead. If he had something worthwhile to write for the Dresden Files, this book would've come out two years ago. Clearly, he's stuck, the cavalcade of excuses notwithstanding. Appreciate what was written to this point, and acknowledge that the rest of the story ain't getting written or published. Not a bad reminder to us all - don't become emotionally invested in any author's long series - there will be a sharp dropoff in quality, quantity, or both.

Wow!  Just Wow.

You do realize he has other things going on in his life, right?

And so you know, he said he would have it done next month.  Expect an October or so release date. LOL
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline haroos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 02:35:19 PM »
Wow!  Just Wow.

And so you know, he said he would have it done next month.  Expect an October or so release date. LOL

i don't like that excuse because someone who works as an author ... well, writes books.
that being said, i have learned my lesson with the likes of martin g.r.r. the fat piece of shite, and i'm not in any hurry. i understand there are some personal issues for butcher that delayed. i can wait.

Offline count_espire

• Participant
  • "I put on my robe and wizard hat"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »
I'm a huge fan of the Dresden series, but have to admit, the comments on people getting upset because the book isn't out is comical.

Guess people forget that an Author has a life, and when it needs attention the job goes on hold.
Also, with so many book series out (he has two others), why are you not exploring other avenues?

While I would love to continue in the Dresden World, I am glad he isn't falling in with what Hollywood does so well....rush production to give us a half ass piece of work....which makes people bitch even more.

Really people, coming onto his boards and crying that it's not out yet...grow up.
Edmond Dantes:  Never forget that until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words, -- `Wait and hope.

Offline Dwest

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 08:04:39 AM »
It is most interesting. Jim Butcher became one of my favorite authors as I was introduced to him back when he was already on Dreden vol #5.  I was able to quickly start the series and buy all his books as a result. I loved the Codex Alera novels.  Jim was putting out 2 books a year. He was hot.   The pace noticeably slowed down after Alera was over, but still 13-16 months for the next Dresden novel was still a good pace.  Then it started to falter.  It reminded me greatly of the pace drop off of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

Fortunately I never got into GoT ... but I sympathize with those readers.  Just as I sympathize for the wait for the 3rd book of P.R's Name of the Wind series.  I love these authors, I know they work hard and also need to enjoy life, but I miss their stories.  I miss the characters they have brought forth.

That being said, it was/is Jim's long absence that has opened my reading to new authors. I've bought over 100 books to read in these past 4 years and if you're interested in new reading I prepared a list for the wait. Believe it or not, I'd not known of these author's prior to 2013.  I'd always gone to the book store to buy hardback/paperback books, and since 2013 I've been using an Ipad because well, I have 100lb boxes of books in my basement just laying about and 4 bookshelves in the house all full of hardbacks for my favorite authors. (I have all of Jim's books in hardback collecting dust on one :)  )

Anyways, here for your enjoyment and if you like any of the books and haven't read some of the others in the category, then more than likely you'll really enjoy it as well.

Fantasy - Urban Trope
Anything by Brandon Sanderson.  Dude is a stud.
Patricia Brigg's "Mercy Thompson" Series
Kim Harrison's "The Hollows" series
Chloe Neill's "Chicagoland Vampires" series
Diana Rowland's "..of the Demon" series
Elizabeth Moon's "The Deed of Paksenarrion" <--amazing

SciFi
Jay Posey's "Outriders" series
Thomas DePrima's "A Galaxy Unknown"
David Weber's "In Fury Born",  "Honor Harrington series", and the amazing "safehold" series. <--amazing author
Mike Shepard's "Kris Longknife" books
Andy Weir's "The Martian"
Dave Bara's "Lightship Chronicles"
Rachel Bach's "Heaven's Queen" series <--also amazing
Jack Campbell's "The Lost Fleet" series

Mystery/Thrillers
Lee Child's "Jack Reacher" novels
John Sandford's "Prey" series and "Virgil Flowers" series.  This guy puts out 2 novels a year.  Writes faster than Brandon Sanderson.
David Balducci "King and Maxwell" series, "Will Robie" series, "Amos Decker" series.  Another amazing writer.
Brad Thor's "Scot Harvath" series ... phenomenal.
Michael Connelly - pick up anything he writes, simply a great suspense writer.

Offline Graves

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 12:21:04 AM »
just wonder who are the peace tlaks supposed to be with? White court wants no war and were pretty much out of it, the black are all but gone, the red ARE gone. maybe that's why the book takes so long. Harry and lopez and a few of the rest of the mousketteers are sitting at a table waiting for someone to show up.
Five words only: We are kids next door!

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 05:02:24 AM »
With the fomor I believe.
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 03:57:03 PM »
And to help settle out the fall-out from the vacuum created by the absence of the Red Court.

Offline Graves

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
if you know your Celtic hisotry you should expact massive conflict between the fey and the formor.
Five words only: We are kids next door!

Offline Cat Sith

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 10:26:26 PM »
Wow!  Just Wow.

Last I checked, April still has only 30 days. Guess we should all be eagerly anticipating some big news the next couple of days. [sarcasm font]

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 03:11:35 AM »
Last I checked, April still has only 30 days. Guess we should all be eagerly anticipating some big news the next couple of days. [sarcasm font]
You should have ended that with </sarcasm>.

if you know your Celtic hisotry you should expact massive conflict between the fey and the formor.
Personally I think the Sidhe Wars were when the Sidhe were gathering power to create the Courts and take their turn see the Gates.  They did so by capturing deities from other pantheons that fit the Court alignments.  Which would make the Fomor the victims in a way, and could make their animosity almost righteous. 

Unfortunately, all we've seen from them so far is ham-handed villainous villains.

Offline searcher

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 05:51:25 PM »
I agree with most of the previous posts regarding the long four-year-plus delay in publishing Peace Talks.  However, I am more selfish and just need to know if you will complete this series.  I am coming up on my 65th birthday and have been reading the Dresden series since the beginning.  Will I still be alive when you get to the 21st or 23rd book in the series?  I congratulate you on your success in diversifying your interests, but your core group of readers are getting antsy/impatient and appear to be losing interest.
 :'( :'( :'( :'(