0 (0%)
Henry Rawlins
0 (0%)
Binder
0 (0%)
Anna Ash
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Grey Council Members Poll Yet Again, Mortals Only  (Read 7858 times)

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Grey Council Members Poll Yet Again, Mortals Only
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 03:02:57 PM »
Ah, ok.   I dont really think so (at least not from what Ive seen so far) because I dont think he would at all tolerate the GC for the danger it's very existence poses to the WC

If he doesn't know who is on it how does he know it poses a threat to the WC? I am just saying That he sees two powers out there moving against one another, both of the groups have Magic Wielders, not necessarily WC Wizards.  Also neither group has really made an assault on WC. 

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 08:46:43 PM »
If he doesn't know who is on it how does he know it poses a threat to the WC? I am just saying That he sees two powers out there moving against one another, both of the groups have Magic Wielders, not necessarily WC Wizards.  Also neither group has really made an assault on WC.
Because according to Harry and McCoy it's very existence is a threat to the WC, either as a scapegoat for all the BC activity or simply as proof that the WC is not actually (and cannot realistically be ) the end-all/Be-all Authority on Mortal Magic that they claim.  Keep in mind that the BC is in the same boat, which Langrty has decided is too dangerous to even admit it exists. The existence of the Grey Council is in itself a big threat to the WC, but that is only the case because it is not officially sanctioned.  If it were official and just secret (like the Blackstaff position, for example) it would not pose that danger; it onl;y becomes needed because Langtry is insisting on the policy of Denial:

Quote from: TC Ch. 49
“In denying the existence of one conspiracy, Langtry has necessitated another.”

“And got himself a twofer with a side order of irony,” I said. “If the Black Council finds out about us, they’re going to jump for joy. They’ll expose us, call us the Black Council, and go on their merry way.”

“ ‘Us’ already, is it?” His eyes gleamed as he nodded. “And given what we’ll be doing, if the White Council finds out, they’re going to call it sedition. They’ll execute us.”
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 01:47:38 PM »
Because according to Harry and McCoy it's very existence is a threat to the WC, either as a scapegoat for all the BC activity or simply as proof that the WC is not actually (and cannot realistically be ) the end-all/Be-all Authority on Mortal Magic that they claim.  Keep in mind that the BC is in the same boat, which Langrty has decided is too dangerous to even admit it exists. The existence of the Grey Council is in itself a big threat to the WC, but that is only the case because it is not officially sanctioned.  If it were official and just secret (like the Blackstaff position, for example) it would not pose that danger; it onl;y becomes needed because Langtry is insisting on the policy of Denial:

I agree to all that and as you stated Langtry is insisting on the policy of Denial.  My argument was that he guesses/is fairly certain about the existence of these two groups but has no more factual information other than their existence and combative nature. 
I think it would be easy enough for the WC to deny until they are forced in to action against one side or the other.  Both Groups are trying to be secretive why not let them be secretive until one is forced in to the open. 
I also think that the one argument that you mention about being the supreme authority of mortal magic holds the most weight.  That one brings Wizard pride in to it and the WC would lose face if it had a secret organization running around with in it.