Author Topic: Storm Front - Possibly Anduriel in the elevator?  (Read 4108 times)

Offline tmsmith1171

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Storm Front - Possibly Anduriel in the elevator?
« on: January 19, 2018, 07:07:26 PM »
If someone else has already posted about this, I do apologize, but let’s set the way back machine to the very beginning of our journey with Harry. In “Storm Front” just after we first meet Murphy, Harry says “My shadow and Murphy’s fell on the floor, and almost looked as though they were sprawled there. There was something about it that bothered me, a nagging little instinct that I blew off as a case of nerves.”  Given that we now know Anduriel is a Master of Shadows/Spy Master, could that have been Anduriel watching Harry way back then?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Front - Possibly Anduriel in the elevator?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 07:48:28 PM »
I'm not seeing why that would be.  COULD it be?  Sure, but why?  Harry isn't even on Nick's radar yet, unless he kept track of Harry for some reason, after knowing Maggie Sr.

I suppose anytime Harry mentions a shadow, it could be Anduriel, I'm just not sure why at that point.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 08:26:07 PM »
Holy Crap that is weird. Even if not Anduriel he's not alone in his connections to shadows.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 03:01:33 PM »
Nice Catch. 

I always like to assume (until given a better theory) that they sorts events are instances where Present Harry is twigging to some Change or manipulation that a Future Time Traveling Harry is responsible for.  Mostly because I like to picture Future Harry skulking around the background of Present Harry's story like Marty McFly.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline mentallooser

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 12:47:32 AM »
I started the series over just the other day.  Saw that line in there, and that's the first thing that came to my mind.  I seriously doubt he had that in mind back when he was writing it.  Seems like something he came up with later, but it'd be cool if he could tie it in.  Or maybe he did.  I don't know. 

Offline Graves

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 01:57:41 PM »
I think it was just the foreshadowing of the weirdness to come. not a fallen angle having no reason to pay attention to him.
Five words only: We are kids next door!

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
I think it was just the foreshadowing of the weirdness to come. not a fallen angle having no reason to pay attention to him.
If you recall in DM Nico had very specific intelligence on Dresden, and he did know his mother so 'no reason' is suspect too.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.