Author Topic: Murhpy is a doll  (Read 5519 times)

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Murhpy is a doll
« on: January 19, 2018, 03:19:01 PM »
Butcher very often refers to Murphy as small and as having a button nose. The obvious question: is Murphy partially or entirely an enchanted doll?

Here’s how she could look in her true form

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Murhpy is a doll
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 03:19:53 PM »
I think he should give that to Mab. :)
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 04:06:18 PM »
Keep in mind that Harry is both an unreliable narrator, and that he's been mislead before, as with Sheila.  Note that we have yet to see her and Harry Soulgaze, as well.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 04:23:18 PM »
Pffft, you guys think Murphy actually exists.

Since we know Harry's an unreliable narrator and that Jim Butcher regularly tells lies, it's obvious that she's just a figment of Harry's imagination, conjured up as a backlash against his chauvinism, and that all her acts of heroics are manifestations of Harry's will.

I mean, come on guys. It's obvious, and no amount of objective fact or WOJ can prove me wrong.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 04:43:10 PM »
Pffft, you guys think Murphy actually exists.

Well, I mean Technically she does.  Like, For Real.  For the TV show they had to change the character's name to "Connie Murphy" because there actually is/was a Chicago PD Officer named Karrin Murphy.  ;D

EDIT: The TV Character became Connie, not Katherine.  My bad.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:50:22 PM by Quantus »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 06:13:32 PM »
Is there a fairy type with a button nose.  I'm thinking about that fairy 'dormant gene group' now.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 06:54:31 PM »
Are we being trolled by topic starter because of our "out there" theories or is this for real? lol  I think we may be being made fun of.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:58:06 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »
Hey, regardless of the purpose in their attempt, I'm keeping an eye out for fairies with a button nose now.  Maybe that is an part of the dormant fairy gene group that lies on her genetic line.  And now I'm trolling the troll with more speculation about my theories :)  People should no better than to give me useful fodder like that.

Has any of the fairies been described with a button nose?

Alright, I'm going to take the 'button nose' as extremely slight evidence Murphy has distant changeling roots :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:32:32 PM by raidem »

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 07:34:16 PM »
Are we being trolled by topic starter because of our "out there" theories or is this for real? lol  I think we may be being made fun of.
It's less just out there theories, and more "I've got a theory, now that we have declared this theory to be correct, how can we make the evidence support it?"  Even if there is no actual evidence to suggest said theory in the first place.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 07:45:30 PM »
Even if there is no actual evidence to suggest said theory in the first place.
That is an arrogant approach.  I mean both Ms. Duck and I have laid out much evidence to support our theories.  You simply dismiss it as none.  It's quite easy to do, no work involved at all to make that declaration.

There are others here who have admitted my theories have evidence to support it, but still remain unswayed and that is fine. But to say it has no evidence, it's a lazy approach that needs no or quite little effort to make.

It's the same way with WOJ.  I recall a WOJ, I mention it in passing.  Another person says no such WOJ exists.  So they say the responsibility lies with me to find it.  I find it and post it.  They now admit it exists.  It makes them a lazy passive participant if they do this repeatedly.  They are the same individuals that don't come up with theories themselves.  They tend only to cast aspersion on others theories.  It's quite easy to do.  They are passive, lazy waiting for someone else to push into the unknown before they walk that way with the light finally lit.  So at least be grateful that there are some on the forum that give us something to think and talk about during this long downtime.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:20:05 PM by raidem »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 07:50:51 PM »
It's less just out there theories, and more "I've got a theory, now that we have declared this theory to be correct, how can we make the evidence support it?"  Even if there is no actual evidence to suggest said theory in the first place.

That's an oxymoron :).  You cannot have a theory, and declare it correct.  It's either correct (fact), or theory.  Anyways almost every theory is based on some kind of evidence.  Unless it's 100% a desire.  For example my theory on Marcone's eyes being a clue to something.  That's not based on in book evidence, but more on writing fiction and a way to drop clues.  It could be completely wrong on my part of course.  It's just that:

#1.  It's a supernatural book series,
#2.  That particular eye color is rare
#3.  Marcone is a rather large character within this supernatural world. 
#4.  Dresden is powered up quite a bit over time while Marcone is getting smaller, and smaller by comparison so if he's to continue to be important it stands to reason something will make him "bigger".   

Again Marcone may be 100% vanilla mortal and Jim will work within that and still keep Marcone important.  I just wanted to drop a possibility.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:53:58 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 07:53:42 PM »
That's an oxymoron :).  You cannot have a theory, and declare it correct. 
You know, you're absolutely right.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 07:54:43 PM »
Agreed.  I've never said my theory is correct.  I'm still waiting to find out which is why I constantly refer to it as theory or WAG.  Others, you, just tried to say I declared my theory 'correct' just now to put words in my mouth I never said.

And, I asked for people's input on related matters that is tangential to the main theory.  They can participate in discussing that matter by either assuming the theory true for the purposes of this single matter or just discuss the matter without touching upon the linked Mab/Murphy matter entirely.  That is far from 'we the forum declaring this correct'.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:44:57 PM by raidem »

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 08:04:03 PM »
Butcher very often refers to Murphy as small and as having a button nose. The obvious question: is Murphy partially or entirely an enchanted doll?

Here’s how she could look in her true form

A Humonculus!!

Well, I mean Technically she does.  Like, For Real.  For the TV show they had to change the character's name to "Katherine Murphy" because there actually is/was a Chicago PD Officer named Karrin Murphy.  ;D

Not to quibble, but I must, TDF TV show's Lt was Connie Murphy.

BTW - I still like seen Valerie Cruz in other shows.  I look for her.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
Yeah, I didn't think Katherine was the right name.  But, I couldn't remember the name they went by so I didn't correct it.