Author Topic: Making things on DR  (Read 15298 times)

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Making things on DR
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2018, 07:23:26 PM »
Imagine a purpose built sanctum built for Bonnie with Alfred help in the construction. It could have all the features of Bob skull and do much more.
k moinuddin

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2018, 05:49:34 PM »
Imagine a purpose built sanctum built for Bonnie with Alfred help in the construction. It could have all the features of Bob skull and do much more.

If I were Harry, there is no way I'd build a sanctum for Bonnie on the Island.  I'd be afraid that the ambiance of the Island would influence her.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2018, 05:52:39 PM »
My point is he only hesitated because he could tell that was not his intention. He had other choices that could have been made without the Wardens express permission. It's in his 'programing'.
I think Ive gotten lost; what "Hesitation" on alfred's part are you talking about?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2018, 06:13:22 PM »
I think Ive gotten lost; what "Hesitation" on alfred's part are you talking about?
The one Mab thanks him for,"i know you could have chosen otherwise, and I thank you" except not sure if Chosen is the word she uses. She directly references that Alfred could have taken her summons another way though.
Seems part of the activation of the circle itself allows those using it to summon things to be taken by DR even without Warden status. Which, would make sense to me.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2018, 06:56:23 PM »
The one Mab thanks him for,"i know you could have chosen otherwise, and I thank you" except not sure if Chosen is the word she uses. She directly references that Alfred could have taken her summons another way though.
Im looking at the scene now and I do not think that's how it went down.  As I said she addresses Harry first, and only after getting /his/ permission to set foot on DR did she turn and address Alfred.  At which point she says:
"“I thank you for your patience and your assistance in this matter. You could have reacted differently but chose not to. I am aware of the decision. It will not be forgotten.”   

Demonreach bowed its head, barely, a gesture of acknowledgment, not cooperation or compliance."

Given that his "patience" is what she was thanking him for, I have to think she was referring to some action, or lack of, that he chose to do prior to her arrival.  Id always figured this meant that Alfred had another, more proactive, response to the direct attack by the Ladies (ie. the "Rudeness" she ordered them to cease).  And the loss of the Lady Mantle to the Well (and thus to her Knight's digression) could have potentially been wildly disastrous for Mab personally and for Winter as a whole.

Seems part of the activation of the circle itself allows those using it to summon things to be taken by DR even without Warden status. Which, would make sense to me.
This was specifically not the case.  Per Harry in that scene, any mortal but ONLY mortals can use a Circle to Summon something.  Meaning for example, Lily could not do so. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2018, 07:46:00 PM »
Im looking at the scene now and I do not think that's how it went down.  As I said she addresses Harry first, and only after getting /his/ permission to set foot on DR did she turn and address Alfred.  At which point she says:
and points out he could have reacted differently and he did indeed decide,
as I said.Given that his "patience" is what she was thanking him for, I have to think she was referring to some action, or lack of, that he chose to do prior to her arrival.  Id always figured this meant that Alfred had another, more proactive, response to the direct attack by the Ladies (ie. the "Rudeness" she ordered them to cease).  And the loss of the Lady Mantle to the Well (and thus to her Knight's digression) could have potentially been wildly disastrous for Mab personally and for Winter as a whole.
Which is simply not the case, he had no recourse for their actions on his own.
This was specifically not the case.  Per Harry in that scene, any mortal but ONLY mortals can use a Circle to Summon something.  Meaning for example, Lily could not do so.
But a genuine human could both activate circle and summon using it. I find it far likelier he had a direct recourse for someone activating preconceived wards vs he choose to allow the Ladies to attack him. Go with programming, psychology, whatever. The preconceived response to activating a huge ward/summoning circle and having something summoned into it seems a lot more legit than "i choose to allow this incursion based on Mab's will even though at Harrys pleasure I will snatch the existence right out of her reality."
Seems to me your looking at the Warden's response as a certain thing, but it was him naysaying the intention to capture as permission to enter and that being passed onto DR that mattered.
Think again about it "not being the case". You don't set up Wards that anyone can activate without a purpose, like trapping others without an active Warden. Quit Nitpicking because Lily activated it. That it was there at all is Watsonian to it's purpose.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2018, 08:50:01 PM »
and points out he could have reacted differently and he did indeed decide,Which is simply not the case, he had no recourse for their actions on his own. But a genuine human could both activate circle and summon using it. I find it far likelier he had a direct recourse for someone activating preconceived wards vs he choose to allow the Ladies to attack him. Go with programming, psychology, whatever. The preconceived response to activating a huge ward/summoning circle and having something summoned into it seems a lot more legit than "i choose to allow this incursion based on Mab's will even though at Harrys pleasure I will snatch the existence right out of her reality."
Seems to me your looking at the Warden's response as a certain thing, but it was him naysaying the intention to capture as permission to enter and that being passed onto DR that mattered.
Think again about it "not being the case". You don't set up Wards that anyone can activate without a purpose, like trapping others without an active Warden. Quit Nitpicking because Lily activated it. That it was there at all is Watsonian to it's purpose.
Arguing against a brick wall, I give up
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2018, 12:24:11 AM »
Bonnie was givern birth to on the island, and was actively interacting with Alfred for a while. She likely has been influence by demonreach already and for a long term basis.
k moinuddin

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2018, 01:50:48 AM »
Arguing against a brick wall, I give up
I sir am made of Water.
It's just very hard to get other people to step away from the Canvas they have. Your more in the habit than most to misunderstand me anyway, to my frustration sometime.
But do I give up?.... no. Simply ignore all these attached idea's and focus on the facts in your own quote
You could have reacted differently but chose not to. I am aware of the decision.
None of the other things matter, all the Warden talk is extraneous detail and My words pointing to her talking to DR first were both misspoke and Non germaine to getting my point across. It's what she said to him that matters, Thankee Sai.
*he both chose, proving a thought process, and Reacted, proving a preconceived subroutine towards the situation at hand.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:55:55 AM by jonas »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2018, 05:31:15 AM »
I bet a blasting rod constructed on DR would be pretty nasty
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2018, 04:21:00 PM »
Here's a question: does Demonreach know enough about its own method of construction for its intellectus to allow Harry to replicate it elsewhere?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2018, 12:57:10 AM »
I started thinking about Ghostbusters. A portable DemonReach-connected apparatus that allows Harry to temporarily contain potential prisoners until they can be permanently contained on DR.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2018, 01:11:04 AM »
That would be so game breaking and OP the only reason I can imagine Jim making it would be to have it not work against the major threat.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2018, 01:34:51 AM »
Using uniqu and valuable materials make magical foci more powerful and last longer. The crystal produced on the island would definitly quality.

I am imagine a mobile pseudo sanctum, designed to contain potential inmates for travel to the island.
k moinuddin

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2018, 02:45:47 AM »
Here's a question: does Demonreach know enough about its own method of construction for its intellectus to allow Harry to replicate it elsewhere?

I'd imagine it does, but Harry is woefully inadequate of pulling off the spell work I'd think.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.