Author Topic: general (non-DF) Fate forum?  (Read 2051 times)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
general (non-DF) Fate forum?
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:03:51 PM »
Hi, folks...

What (in y'alls humble opinions) are the best places for general "fate" discussion and insight?  Variations like "Strange Fate" and "Strands of Fate" and FAE and etc etc etc.  What does one do more-readily than another?  What are the "sweet spots" of each?  And so forth...

My gaming-group met on NewYearsEve, not for RPG but doing sundry board/party/etc games with lots of finger-foods in a play/munch/party/visit/etc evening; there was discussion of "next (RPG) game," and I asked after an idea someone had mentioned last RPG session -- a world-hopping / parallel-planes sort of game.

Previously, I had been all "Welp, looks like Luther Arkwright!" (a sourcebook for Mythras (in the BRP/d100 family) based on the British graphic novels about that character' and a very worthy game (&setting) if you're looking around for Gaming Goodness!).

But in this more-recent conversation, I learned that the player was interested in a much more Fate-y style game, with collaborative world-building and narrative-emphasis characters, etc.  And while I know of no "parallel planes" setting pre-done for Fate, there are sooo many worlds out for Fate that a parallel-planes-hopping campaign is pretty easy to implement!

But I'd like to find a venue where all-flavors-of-Fate are equally discussed and disected...  and hopefully, a venue not on the verge of closing up shop  :'(

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:05:58 PM by g33k »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: general (non-DF) Fate forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:58:32 PM »
If I were you I'd look at Google Plus or RPGnet.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: general (non-DF) Fate forum?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:54:11 AM »
If I were you I'd look at Google Plus or RPGnet.
TYVM!