Author Topic: The one character that you wish hadn't died  (Read 17047 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: The one character that you wish hadn't died
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2017, 05:10:45 PM »
the problem with Reapergirl being Susan is that the reapergirl was an angel and people don't become angels.  That's primarily why I believe that it could have been Lash.
... What precisely was Lash really that she'd die. DIE mind you, and be reborn in a new form, still an angel?
She was made of Harry, his life, his brain, she could change because she was effectively mortal. She could chose specifically because she gained it from Harry(see woj on Free Will and if Lash got it). What died was not anything to do with an Angel except that it was once printed out by one. Effectively a piece of Harry died, she wasn't like Bonnie gestating to be born.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2017, 05:43:04 PM »
the problem with Reapergirl being Susan is that the reapergirl was an angel and people don't become angels.  That's primarily why I believe that it could have been Lash.
Why not? The angels are extremely secretive about what comes next so we have a lot of room for speculation. They are soul based and very interested in souls. Humans have souls so they are most related to angels. Angels are extremely interested in the development of these souls, we are free to speculate about the reason for that.

Most supernatural creatures are at the root human based so why not angels? There is no real proof but I can not find anything against it either.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2017, 07:47:31 PM »

Pretty sure that's basically what Michael was during the end of SG thanks to bearing Mr Sunshine's Grace

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 08:16:21 PM »
Why not? The angels are extremely secretive about what comes next so we have a lot of room for speculation. They are soul based and very interested in souls. Humans have souls so they are most related to angels. Angels are extremely interested in the development of these souls, we are free to speculate about the reason for that.

The DV having einherjar and valkyries is pretty solid evidence for not all dead souls being sorted in the angels' cosmology.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 08:17:44 PM »
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2017, 08:53:54 PM »
The DV having einherjar and valkyries is pretty solid evidence for not all dead souls being sorted in the angels' cosmology.
And Hades gives us another one. But for those who are, and Susan probably belongs to them, nothing is really known about what comes next.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2017, 10:59:54 PM »
I agree, and disagree lol. I think it's evidence that in generations past the roles now held by Christian or at least monotheistic religions on the angelic scale were previously held by others. various reasonings
A) Lasciel's 'closest to true form' from Harry's intuition is the Greek woman. Combine that with the Woj angels may only believe they are the originals and/or from the beginning because of faith and the current Order of Angels may only be risen from the last time the Apocalypse went down.
B) Dragons existed before humans ever came into the balance, So humanoid God's and angels weren't always in true form. Case in point, Dragons could be considered the Gods of the dinosaur era.
C) Naaglooshi are from an Angelic order whom 'retreated' after their job was done, they stayed and were corrupted by it... A previous order. Comparable to Odin saying the Jotun's retreated.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2017, 12:12:52 AM »
Are we sure about this one? I mean, it is the Dresdenverse. Mortals can become Mab. Mortals can gain the power of a god. What not mortals become angels? It probably couldn't happen often but there is always a first time for everything.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2017, 04:26:13 AM »
Are we sure about this one? I mean, it is the Dresdenverse. Mortals can become Mab. Mortals can gain the power of a god. What not mortals become angels? It probably couldn't happen often but there is always a first time for everything.
I admit... I have this crazy idea that Uriel
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2017, 04:27:29 AM »
Is there a bad guy that got their "just desserts" that people wish was around for another meal?
The cute, incestuous red vampire brother and sister couple who loved tennis.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »
Linda Randall.  The bad girl who didn't have a heart of gold but still got Harry worked up.  She could have stuck around and made appearances from time to time; screwing up Harry's love life while gathering intel about the Paranet, the Fomor, etc.  She might have become Harry's not quite trustworthy underworld and otherworld snitch.  Unfortunately she was fated to be a standard murder victim in order to complicate Harry's ability to find the Shadowman in Storm Front.   
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2017, 09:28:39 AM »
It is like Star Trek where you can tell which Redshirt is soon to be a corpse.Though, Nelson in PG surprised me by living.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Firestarter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »
Hmm... I don't see Susan coming back in any form except some flashbacks. It would cheapen Changes and her whole struggle.

I'm fairly certain of Reapergirl being a new character. Although, in the end she may end up being used as a single-appearance character.

I admit... I have this crazy idea that Uriel
(click to show/hide)
Hmm... if you go through the bible a few times, you'll end up getting the idea, that Archangel Michael is who actually became Jesus Christ. But it may well be, that Jim is going to play the artist card in this case.

Oh... and I'd rather not be getting too deep into religion debates, but why would a god be mad about his creation doing it's job? Lucifel wouldn't be able to rebel, if God didn't make him able to do that. Given how logic works in religion, the rebellion was a part of God's plan.

Quote from: RobReece
Hmm... You're basically talking about the Kabbalah. And yes, Michael in Skin Game temporarily jumped up a few Sephiroths. So no, it's not out of the question, but resurrecting Susan would basically destroy the impact of Changes. For a story to be enjoyable there have to be bad scenes to highlight the good scenes. It works like this in real life as well.

I agree, and disagree lol. I think it's evidence that in generations past the roles now held by Christian or at least monotheistic religions on the angelic scale were previously held by others. various reasonings
A) Lasciel's 'closest to true form' from Harry's intuition is the Greek woman. Combine that with the Woj angels may only believe they are the originals and/or from the beginning because of faith and the current Order of Angels may only be risen from the last time the Apocalypse went down.
B) Dragons existed before humans ever came into the balance, So humanoid God's and angels weren't always in true form. Case in point, Dragons could be considered the Gods of the dinosaur era.
C) Naaglooshi are from an Angelic order whom 'retreated' after their job was done, they stayed and were corrupted by it... A previous order. Comparable to Odin saying the Jotun's retreated.

As Bob said: not every messenger is angelic in nature.

... What precisely was Lash really that she'd die. DIE mind you, and be reborn in a new form, still an angel?
She was made of Harry, his life, his brain, she could change because she was effectively mortal. She could chose specifically because she gained it from Harry(see woj on Free Will and if Lash got it). What died was not anything to do with an Angel except that it was once printed out by one. Effectively a piece of Harry died, she wasn't like Bonnie gestating to be born.
Lash was made of Lash. She was living in Harry. That's why she was her own person but had to take some of Harry's essence to actually gain free will. And since she used her free will to act according to her love for Harry, this was what gave birth to Bonnie.
... hear me roar ;)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2017, 03:46:24 PM »
Lash was made of Lash. She was living in Harry. That's why she was her own person but had to take some of Harry's essence to actually gain free will.
That is almost ridiculous to me. This has been gone over more than once in more than one form... Lash was not Lash until she interacted with Harry so much so she stopped being Lasciel(long before she could admit it to herself). Lash herself was made up of an imprint of Lasciel, onto Harry. She wasn't her own entity.

Offline Firestarter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2017, 04:10:41 PM »
That is almost ridiculous to me. This has been gone over more than once in more than one form... Lash was not Lash until she interacted with Harry so much so she stopped being Lasciel(long before she could admit it to herself). Lash herself was made up of an imprint of Lasciel, onto Harry. She wasn't her own entity.
Ok, maybe I should clear something up:
Shadow of Lasciel was made of Shadow of Lasciel. Became Lash after Harry gave her a name and once she borrowed a piece of Harry's soul. And when I say that she was her own person I mean that she was a separate entity.
... hear me roar ;)