Author Topic: The one character that you wish hadn't died  (Read 17278 times)

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The one character that you wish hadn't died
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »
Lash

Lash's death is indeed a shame, but I think it has to be done or the story itself will go unbalance.

In many ways, the shadow of a fallen is actually a far greater cheat compare to having the coin itself. The very reason why the shadow is not that much of a cheat is precisely because the shadow is bound to serve the purpose of the fallen creating it. Due to that restriction, shadow Lasciel cannot just grant Harry any knowledge Harry wants without a price. She has to bargain with Harry and in doing so increase the true fallen ability to influence Harry further. Lash however, has evolve to the point she can shrug off this particular restriction. She is free.

With the restriction gone, , Lash will be a cheat so frodulent Harry might as well become the MC of a Chinese Xuanhuan webnovel. Perfect memory, perfect recall, near perfect observation ability, virtual reality simulation capabilities, and the knowledge throve of a fallen angel. It is too much. This is Harry Dresden, not Leylin Farlier.

Sad though it was, Lash has to go.

I wish Jack Murphy has not died. The series is going more fantasy and less Urban these days. A truly strong and capable vanilla might strengthened the Urban elements.
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2017, 11:47:46 AM »
Lash's death is indeed a shame, but I think it has to be done or the story itself will go unbalance.

In many ways, the shadow of a fallen is actually a far greater cheat compare to having the coin itself. The very reason why the shadow is not that much of a cheat is precisely because the shadow is bound to serve the purpose of the fallen creating it. Due to that restriction, shadow Lasciel cannot just grant Harry any knowledge Harry wants without a price. She has to bargain with Harry and in doing so increase the true fallen ability to influence Harry further. Lash however, has evolve to the point she can shrug off this particular restriction. She is free.

With the restriction gone, , Lash will be a cheat so frodulent Harry might as well become the MC of a Chinese Xuanhuan webnovel. Perfect memory, perfect recall, near perfect observation ability, virtual reality simulation capabilities, and the knowledge throve of a fallen angel. It is too much. This is Harry Dresden, not Leylin Farlier.

I wish Jack Murphy has not died. The series is going more fantasy and less Urban these days. A truly strong and capable vanilla might strengthened the Urban elements.
Don't forget the presumably accelerated teaching.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2017, 12:33:53 PM »

I am feeling that as well.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »

I would not be surprised if Lash is not dead.  I think there is the possibility that in the BAT we will see a showdown between Lasciel, and Lash.  Lash's sacrifice will have proven she was an entirely new being, and will have redeemed herself in the eyes of TWG.  She will be a new angel, and return in the BAT.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2017, 07:54:56 PM »
I would not be surprised if Lash is not dead.  I think there is the possibility that in the BAT we will see a showdown between Lasciel, and Lash.  Lash's sacrifice will have proven she was an entirely new being, and will have redeemed herself in the eyes of TWG.  She will be a new angel, and return in the BAT.

I like this.  I don't think it'll happen, but I do like it.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline rudobrody

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2017, 02:22:09 AM »
Warden Kowalski (one of the wardens with Luccio in Dead Beat).  My reason being I assume he was a distant cousin lol

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2018, 07:16:16 PM »
True.  It comes down to how possessive (no pun intended) she would be of Harry.

Also, even if Lash could share with a physical girl, not all human women would be able to handle her presence inside her boyfriend or husband, if they knew about it.  Even if you were 100% sure of her good will, if you were a woman would you like knowing your husband or boyfriend had Lash as his inner best friend/other self/whatever?

Offline HistoryDave

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2018, 07:31:42 PM »
Morgan, his death scene was awesome.  The Dresdenverse misses his Javert-like devotion . 
What is the skid pad rating and 0-60 time on a zombie t-Rex?