Author Topic: Shagnasty and co. all nemfected?  (Read 12818 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Shagnasty and co. all nemfected?
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2017, 04:31:26 PM »
What one person sees as a joke another person could see differently. We all have sensitive spots. I usually see apologies as more about courtesy and less about commitment.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Firestarter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2017, 04:35:48 PM »
Hm... apology to me is admitting of a wrongdoing, accepting the responsibility and making reparations.

That is why I only apologize if I actually did something wrong. Jonas misreading my post and instead of trying to debate it out just blocked me... well, I see no action of mine that was wrong. I even used a fairly mild language in the post he was reacting to.

If an apology is just words, then it has no meaning. I am aware that the current society thinks lightly of such things, but I do not.
... hear me roar ;)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2017, 04:38:45 PM »
I respect your opinion on the matter of apologies. I work customer service and it is a habit I have developed to reduce work stress.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Firestarter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2017, 04:55:57 PM »
I respect your opinion on the matter of apologies. I work customer service and it is a habit I have developed to reduce work stress.
I work as an IT/software support guy [ though it looks like I'm going back to programming soon ]. Occasionally I talk to the customer. I tend to be polite, nice and all tied up with a pretty pink bow. I even help the customers with things outside of our scope if they ask me to, as long as it's not something too big. That doesn't mean that I don't realize that they misuse my service. I do it because: less hassle.

And... buy something squishy you can throw against the wall without breaking anything. Works like a charm to reduce stress. Or something you can kick around without causing damage.
... hear me roar ;)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2017, 05:37:27 PM »
What one person sees as a joke another person could see differently. We all have sensitive spots. I usually see apologies as more about courtesy and less about commitment.
I've worked customer service too. I've seen so many empty apologizing in my life I don't personally care for it on the receiving end as more than a courtesy and try to rarely apologize myself. I'm probably not sorry, and if I am I may commit to doing something about it, but i'm not going to be courtly about it. At the most i'll acknowledge a mistake.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2017, 05:40:42 PM »
That seems quite clear and Vadderung should know.

Yeah, putting two statements next to each other and leaving the listener to assume a possibly misleading degree of connection is not a confirmation.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2017, 05:45:13 PM »
Yeah, putting two statements next to each other and leaving the listener to assume a possibly misleading degree of connection is not a confirmation.
How else can you interpret his statements without stretching them beyond recognition?

Beings such as Odin and worshipped. That is enough to make a god for me.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]