Poll

Who is the most evil character in the Dresdenverse?

Mab
1 (1.1%)
Nicodemus
18 (20%)
Ariana
2 (2.2%)
Red King
6 (6.7%)
Lord Raith
2 (2.2%)
Lara Raith
1 (1.1%)
Cowl
1 (1.1%)
Corpsetaker
2 (2.2%)
Maeve
1 (1.1%)
Mavra
5 (5.6%)
Bianca
0 (0%)
Polonius
1 (1.1%)
Peabody
4 (4.4%)
Marcone
0 (0%)
Kemmler
16 (17.8%)
Shagnasty
25 (27.8%)
Evil Bob
5 (5.6%)
Dracul
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Who is the most evil character in the Dresdenverse?  (Read 39863 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the most evil character in the Dresdenverse?
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2017, 03:47:09 PM »
I'd note the Gospel of Nicodemus is what names the lance of Longinus/ the warrior Longinus himself. quite a coincidence since nick specifically wanted the knife from Hades vault.... perhaps he knows precisely it's worth having seen it first hand vs old translated texts sent down through the centuries...

*I lend no small amount of credence to an offhand Woj if Judas had a good reason he knew he had to betray Christ because he asked him to and how that would be a good bit of story telling... Nic seems to think he has the right end of the stick, perhaps long ago he had a good intention to start?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 03:51:58 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2017, 04:00:15 PM »
I'd note the Gospel of Nicodemus is what names the lance of Longinus/ the warrior Longinus himself. quite a coincidence since nick specifically wanted the knife from Hades vault.... perhaps he knows precisely it's worth having seen it first hand vs old translated texts sent down through the centuries...

Yeah, I've noted that connection previously. Longinus's name doesn't show up anywhere else; the Gospel of John simply states "One of the soldiers..."

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2017, 12:45:44 PM »
Yeah, I've noted that connection previously. Longinus's name doesn't show up anywhere else; the Gospel of John simply states "One of the soldiers..."
Nowhere in the bible; Christian martyrology (both east and west) does refer to him.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2017, 01:06:37 AM »
Nowhere in the bible; Christian martyrology (both east and west) does refer to him.

It's in the Gospel of Nicodemus also known as the Acts of Pilate.  Nicodemus is mentioned in the Gospel of John as an associate of Jesus.

There are many books, letters ect that were left out of the Bible for one reason or another.  That doesn't mean they do not exist.

"Christian legend has it that Longinus was a blind Roman centurion who thrust the spear into Christ’s side at the crucifixion. Some of Jesus’s blood fell upon his eyes and he was healed. Upon this miracle Longinus believed in Jesus"...  He was venerated as a Saint in the Catholic Church.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:11:34 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.