Author Topic: Kumori's Identity (Spoilers)  (Read 12406 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Kumori's Identity (Spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »
There did seem to be a suggestion that the Alpha's could pick up on the scent of Cowl and Kumori but that they didn't because Harry was throwing so much hellfire around.  I think Billy said that they only scented Harry and the other scents were too mixed up.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2017, 11:34:16 PM »
Please, there's no way Tom would care enough to go out Orc hunting.
This is alternate universe Tom. Old Man Willow killed Goldberry and he’s out for ent bloodsap!  He’ll meet up with Rosie Cotton and Dresden in Brie (cheesy name change, I know) and, together, they will torture Butterburr for information about Evil Frodo. When they get to Rivendell, Dresden has a huge battle with Elrond, burning the place to the ground. An ent battle guard contingent will be there and Tomm will destroy them all, throwing the captain and his orc rider into the conflagration. Rosie defeats Bilbo in a rhyming contest and drowns him in a bathtub (just like in the bathtub murder sing Bilbo wrote).

I’ll stop there as I don’t want to spoil the whole book.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:36:29 PM by Ananda »

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2017, 01:03:57 PM »
Why would Cowl and Kumori be Harry's siblings from what I said?
This is called leaping to a conclusion :p

Harry's mom survives so has the possibility to have more siblings for Harry, who grow up to be Cowl and Kumori.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2017, 07:25:14 PM »
This is called leaping to a conclusion :p

Harry's mom survives so has the possibility to have more siblings for Harry, who grow up to be Cowl and Kumori.

oh lol.  What I was meaning is possibly that Kumori is Maggie...  I think Kumori is almost 100% Faith, or Elaine but like to play around with the time travel/alternate reality possibility.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline potestas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2017, 01:40:00 AM »
You know, one of the biggest problems or at least one of the issues for my "Marcone is Harry and Murphy's son theory" is the durability of Marcone's birth in multiple alternate realities.  They'd require that both Harry and Murphy survive in many different realities.  And, that they have some relationship where they get it on and conceive of Marcone.  And that, in some fashion involving time travel, Marcone is placed in a contemporary timeline of his parents.  The Dresdenverse would then further allow for 'safe' paradoxes, contradictions that arise from event interactions between out of linear sequence actions made by father, son, mother.  We do know though that Marcone and Harry often directly impact life/death of the other.  Marcone even mentions poking Fate in the eye I think in Dead Beat when he helps save Harry from Corpsetaker after Gard had mentioned it was Harry's fate to die that day.

This theory about Marcone being descended from both Harry and Murphy has some but limited circumstantial evidence but it mainly exists as an artisticly desired plot point on my part.

As to the splinters, time loops, and divergent timelines, I think they can all be included in the Dresdenverse. 
1) There is free will choice that causes changes in the timeline.  Much evidence in the form of WOJ and spoilers about Mirror Mirror support this idea.
2) We know it takes lots of juice to change particular things per conservation of history in Cold Days, so that is the mechanism where stable time loops or an unbroken timeline would occur. 
3) Again from Vadderung, we have evidence that suggest time travel can cause splintered timelines that arise from free willed choices with time travel in the mix.  AKA, Harry goes back in time to kill his grandfather.  This is time travel, check.  This is free willed choice, check.  This is paradox if Harry is successful, check.  Then a branch at that moment spins off with his grandfather dying off right then and there so who knows what that branch looks like.  We however do know mostly what the branch looks like where he is unsuccessful in killing off his grandfather. There might be some alterations though with his grandfather learning about his grandson coming back in time to off him and subsequent effects (feedback) of this knowledge may have back up the branch.  There would like be some time loop'ish equation going on until a steady state equation would be reached.

this, this is just stupid. I think people have come up with more theories and placed them in this forum then JB has written total books. This is just flat out dumb. After reading this the forums need to die.

This is exactly the sort of comment which is unacceptable on this forum.   Read the Precepts.  We may be short before the shut down, but that is no excuse for rude behavior.

~Blaze, as Mod.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:18:57 AM by Blaze »

Offline potestas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2017, 01:46:25 AM »
Kumori also means cloudy or overcast.  I can see how this could apply to an Enthralled Elaine.

please

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2017, 02:42:08 AM »
Please. Did I force you to read my crazy theory that I acknowledge has limited evidence to support, that is more to do of what I'd like than what will happen.  Did we forumites compel you to come here to gather and join a community of rabid fans who share an obsession and then obsess about it in the form of wags of all sorts.  Nope.

You are pitiful in striking out at this community in our moment of challenge, that of finding a new home.  Your comments reveal your character.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:54:05 AM by raidem »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2017, 04:53:17 AM »
AKA, Harry goes back in time to kill his grandfather.

lol Vadderung said Harry would get his ass beat if he tried....  Harry thought this meant that Vadderung knew his secret, perhaps he also knows Harry does in fact go back in time, and does get a beat down by Eb.  Now I'm hoping to see it.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2017, 10:06:48 PM »
Or, Harry's progeny goes back in time to kill Harry. But yeah, I took it as verification that Vadderung has already seen a time traveling Harry so he knows Harry is capable of 'winning' in Cold Days. He has already done it once. :)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »
I think mythological Odin could do divination.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2017, 04:28:47 AM »

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »

He didn't need to. His wife, Frigg, could see the future. Odin personally traded an awful lot for knowledge and wisdom, so he could also make reasonably good predictions without needing magic.