Author Topic: The KotC after the BAT  (Read 3600 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
The KotC after the BAT
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:06:35 AM »
 I figured combining would work best. Michael may have one more fight left in him if it involves defending his home. Sanya has been holding down the fort for a while now and will continue to do so. I see Butters giving up the sword after the BAT unless something happens to Andi and then he will keep fighting. Another will rise to join their ranks. My best guess is Daniel.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The KotC after the BAT
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 02:34:07 PM »
I figured combining would work best. Michael may have one more fight left in him if it involves defending his home. Sanya has been holding down the fort for a while now and will continue to do so. I see Butters giving up the sword after the BAT unless something happens to Andi and then he will keep fighting. Another will rise to join their ranks. My best guess is Daniel.

Personally, I'm betting on Amanda Carpenter. My dad (who I finally got to start reading again thanks to the fun factor of the Dresden Files a few years back) brought it up to me as a possibility, and I think I like it. Daniel's priorities aren't what they need to be to be a good Knight, at least not yet. He's too hotheaded—he's his mom, not his dad, if that makes sense. And the one member of the Carpenter family who's always seen being as patient and caring as Michael is Amanda. (And Hope's observation about Daniel being the Boss Kid, but yelling a lot more kind of speaks volumes about his character). Daniel just strikes me as someone who doesn't understand the Swords; we see him asking for them, but I've always thought they were something you needed to be offered.

I think Sanya is going to die. He'll be laughing when he goes, because he's a Mad Russian, but he'll go.

Butters is tricky. If I'm writing it, he lives, and stays on until a new Knight shows up.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »
Afterwards they might not be called KotC, they were that in this incarnation sure, but i'm thinking Butters application of an 'open faith'(which also points to the fact they can feasibly 'fall') combined with the blatant Mjolner reference in Michaels beer opener point's to evolutions in how the weapons of fate actually manifest. though i'd supposite the swords themselves will continue to exist sans the nails as source power, but simply on belief itself.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »
As long as the Denarians are around, the KotC will be around.  Exactly what will happen to the current ones, no clue.  But since the Fallen are part of our reality, their going away is doubtful.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline loganjohn123

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 09:37:10 AM »
It's a very good idea. I like this idea the most.

Offline Sterling Rat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »
During his Bad Guy Speach in Death Masks, Nick says that the apocalypse is the death of hope. That makes me think that part of the BAT will be Sanya's death... which will probably have me balling my eyes out. I don't think there could possibly be a better Big Damn Hero moment with the swords than the one with Butters, so I think the swords will be destroyed when the last of the coins are gone... balance, you know?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
During his Bad Guy Speach in Death Masks, Nick says that the apocalypse is the death of hope. That makes me think that part of the BAT will be Sanya's death... which will probably have me balling my eyes out. I don't think there could possibly be a better Big Damn Hero moment with the swords than the one with Butters, so I think the swords will be destroyed when the last of the coins are gone... balance, you know?

If the coins go, I could totally see the Swords going as well.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 12:24:59 AM »
I always figured that the Nickle heads would end up in the well. But I just don't see the swords being ganged up, they are just too needed in the world.
k moinuddin

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »
I think the Well would contain them, but .... it's in their nature to be in circulation.  So ... I think they won't be contained in the Well.  At least not for very long.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 11:32:38 PM »
I am hoping that is mostly hype spread by nicodemus. I really don't see demonreach reacting well yo the loss of any coins in its keeping.

If any of the knight die, I am sure this will be an epic death scene, one man against an army or something truly terrible.
k moinuddin

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 04:16:38 AM »
What are the angels and gods supposed to be? I remember something early in the series about all non-terrestrial creatures being denizens of the never never, so I’ve always viewed all of these magical beings as variants of faerie type beings.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 08:53:17 AM »
What are the angels and gods supposed to be? I remember something early in the series about all non-terrestrial creatures being denizens of the never never, so I’ve always viewed all of these magical beings as variants of faerie type beings.
Eh, they're distinctly not a faerie-like being.

I think it's Bob, but otherwise Lash, who explains Angels are all-Soul. I don't remember the specifics of where I read the rest, but apparently Sidhe (and presumably other Faeries) are Body and Spirit. Humans have Soul, Body, and Spirit.

What this makes the Queens given their Soul-having origin is anyone's guess.

Offline Sterling Rat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 01:08:51 PM »
Remember that Bob is not exactly a fairy, but is part of the fairy category of magicky stuff. In Death Masks, when asked to track down the Shroud, he said he couldn't touch it because it existed on a different wavelength. That makes me think that Fairies and Angel/Divine stuff both exist and are aware of each other, but "Exist on a different wavelength" - whatever that means.

I think it's Bob, but otherwise Lash, who explains Angels are all-Soul.
It was Bob, when they were discussing Soulfire.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »
Eh, they're distinctly not a faerie-like being.

I think it's Bob, but otherwise Lash, who explains Angels are all-Soul. I don't remember the specifics of where I read the rest, but apparently Sidhe (and presumably other Faeries) are Body and Spirit. Humans have Soul, Body, and Spirit.

What this makes the Queens given their Soul-having origin is anyone's guess.

Yeah, that's why when the fae die in the mortal world they leave a body.  Other never-never beings don't.  They are constructs made out of the stuff of the Never-never.