Author Topic: The mysteries of Maggie, Sr.  (Read 15145 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: The mysteries of Maggie, Sr.
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2017, 06:09:56 PM »
IIRC, Bob said that Lash occupied that part of Harry's Mind that was not used anyway.  I don't know why it's being damaged (and being healed from then on) would make him more malleable.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »
IIRC, Bob said that Lash occupied that part of Harry's Mind that was not used anyway.  I don't know why it's being damaged (and being healed from then on) would make him more malleable.

Yeah, it's also one of those things that straight up doesn't make sense. You don't use all of your brain for conscious thought, but you do kind of need all of it for a bunch of automated processes. Like muscular function. Kuru is a brain prion that just chews holes through your brain, and it's 100% fatal. (Also caused by cannibalism, but still—holes in your noggin=bad).

Heh. Maybe those holes are where Uriel poured soulfire, restoring some nerve connections and allowing him to manipulate Harry's hand in Small Favor.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »
Yeah, it's also one of those things that straight up doesn't make sense. You don't use all of your brain for conscious thought, but you do kind of need all of it for a bunch of automated processes.

It's not just that.  The difference between a brain with 10% of the neurons firing, and one with 100% of the neurons firing, is like the difference between a (very big) page with lots of complicated text written on it and a sheet of plain black paper the same size.  One can contain complex information.  The other can't.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2017, 01:15:51 AM »
Yeah, it's also one of those things that straight up doesn't make sense. You don't use all of your brain for conscious thought, but you do kind of need all of it for a bunch of automated processes. Like muscular function. Kuru is a brain prion that just chews holes through your brain, and it's 100% fatal. (Also caused by cannibalism, but still—holes in your noggin=bad).

Heh. Maybe those holes are where Uriel poured soulfire, restoring some nerve connections and allowing him to manipulate Harry's hand in Small Favor.

Now there's a theory.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2017, 03:42:59 AM »
Yeah, it's also one of those things that straight up doesn't make sense. You don't use all of your brain for conscious thought, but you do kind of need all of it for a bunch of automated processes.

It used to be a misconception that only 10% of the brain was active at any given time, with a basis in a scientific misunderstanding.  That's what Harry is referring to when he refers to that 10% thing.

In fact, I don't doubt for a moment that our minds/brains have vastly more potentials that we generally use, but it isn't that the neurons aren't active.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2017, 09:20:17 AM »
I have seen a few customers that seem to be functioning on 1% and not 10%. :P
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2017, 05:04:58 PM »
Was the part of the brain destroyed with lash rebuilt by Bonnie?
k moinuddin

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2017, 05:50:23 PM »
I don't know about rebuilt; but, it might have housed Bonnie.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2017, 06:42:34 PM »
I don't know about rebuilt; but, it might have housed Bonnie.

This, and that Harry's wizard healing could be repairing the damage.