Author Topic: Book 16 Peace Talks Rumor thread  (Read 13439 times)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Book 16 Peace Talks Rumor thread
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2017, 06:54:51 PM »
I heard in a recent Q&A that Jim was going to do:

1. Peace Talks
2. YA Novel with his sister (which he stated he could bang out in a couple of weeks of intense writing sessions; I've done it, and I'm sure he can too)
I've heard conflicting reports on 3/4: in one, he stated he'd go straight into Mirror, Mirror because he's excited to write it, and in another that he was going into The Olympian Affair.

Personally, I'm hoping for Mirror, Mirror, partially because the Cinder Spires books are significantly longer and require much more meticulous plotting because of the number of perspective characters. Though the Codex Alera books came out quickly, so who the hell knows.

No idea how his publishing agreements are structured, though, so there may be some kind of order that's designated.

Also, I feel I should point out that it's been 3.5 years since Skin Game, but just over 2 years since his last book, The Aeronaut's Windlass. That's not an unreasonable length of time, in my opinion, especially considering all of the other personal and business things on his plate. Not trying to start anything, just pointing out that many only look at Dresden.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Book 16 Peace Talks Rumor thread
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2017, 12:54:18 AM »
I think the future has not been written and that Butcher will work as the Muse wills it to be.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?