Author Topic: Book 16 Peace Talks Rumor thread  (Read 13437 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Book 16 Peace Talks Rumor thread
« on: November 14, 2017, 11:11:35 AM »
Just thought I would start threads for what is to come. PT is next so has the most info; others maybe not so much.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Book 16 Peace Talks Rumor thread
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
Does, "the book will actually be written" count as a rumor at this point?
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 11:23:06 AM »
Think positive! We know that there is a conference. That Thomas has a situation. And, I strongly expect Papa Raith to be publicly replaced.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:54:28 PM »
Well we know that Thomas' issues will be more than just Justine's pregnancy...

There was a question to Jim in Salt Lake City asking if Thomas would ever wield one of the Swords again and Jim says "maybe, if he still has his fingers?  That this book is being rough on Thomas..." 

With the healing he gets from his demon, wouldn't that allow him to regenerate fingers?

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 05:49:45 PM »
We can expect the Fomor to return.

Also, though it is gone, my road map does point to the Raiths and Mavra being involved in the plot.*

Gotta figure the emphasis on Thomas and family will finally bring a big scene between the two brothers and their grandfather.

And given that, Harry and Molly's relationship with the White Council and Winter Court will likely come up.

* Not going to put the whole thing out there, but the gist was that the first ten books laid the outline for the next ten. In books 1 and 11, Harry fought an evil wizard breaking one of the laws. In books 2 and 12, Harry took on dark power to face a bigger threat. In books 3 and 13, Harry fought super ghosts. In books 4 and 14, Harry fought crazy fairy princesses. And in Books 5 and 15, Nicodemus was after a Catholic relic and Harry teamed up with paladins to stop him.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 06:19:03 PM »
* Not going to put the whole thing out there, but the gist was that the first ten books laid the outline for the next ten. In books 1 and 11, Harry fought an evil wizard breaking one of the laws. In books 2 and 12, Harry took on dark power to face a bigger threat. In books 3 and 13, Harry fought super ghosts. In books 4 and 14, Harry fought crazy fairy princesses. And in Books 5 and 15, Nicodemus was after a Catholic relic and Harry teamed up with paladins to stop him.

Interesting observation. Thomas's apparent story focus (really for the first time since Turn Coat, and he was offscreen most of the time) for Peace Talks supports the idea. In book six, Dresden finds out he has a brother; in this one that he'll have a niece or nephew. He supplants the current monarch of the White Court. Maybe he'll do the same to Lara to protect Thomas's child.

He also got Mouse in book six. Maybe he'll get a panther this time.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:21:56 PM »
We can expect the Fomor to return.

Also, though it is gone, my road map does point to the Raiths and Mavra being involved in the plot.*

Gotta figure the emphasis on Thomas and family will finally bring a big scene between the two brothers and their grandfather.

And given that, Harry and Molly's relationship with the White Council and Winter Court will likely come up.

I like this theory. The last 10 are variations of first 10. Except, the scope is greater and the outcome is more dire. That is why I think Cowl and Mavra play heavy in BK 18 since original plan had them as prominent in Book 8.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
Interesting observation. Thomas's apparent story focus (really for the first time since Turn Coat, and he was offscreen most of the time) for Peace Talks supports the idea. In book six, Dresden finds out he has a brother; in this one that he'll have a niece or nephew. He supplants the current monarch of the White Court. Maybe he'll do the same to Lara to protect Thomas's child.

A Panther would be good. Maybe Mister finally choose fae instead of remaining a changeling and becomes a Malk. Do you think he would truly get rid of Laura (knowing he would be dealing with either another branch of the White Court or another Raith sibling) or help her (help him protect Justine/baby) by removing Papa Raith and putting her officially in charge? The devil you know....

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 10:09:45 PM »
I think Thomas becomes new figurehead while Lara still in charge. Some wheelin' and dealin'.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »

I'm going to get shot for this, but ...

Or maybe this is where we lose Mister?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 08:12:58 PM »
I'm going to get shot for this, but ...

Or maybe this is where we lose Mister?
Sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches....Someone has dared to suggest Mister may not make it.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 08:15:54 PM »
Whoa... easy there. Cats don't live forever; eventually they gey tired of taking care or people and move on to a higher plane.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »
Whoa... easy there. Cats don't live forever; eventually they gey tired of taking care or people and move on to a higher plane.

Maybe Mister will become what he's always been: a slightly larger housecat.

EDIT: Or maybe this will be the book where he sires the line of Cats that eventually beget Rowl.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 03:20:35 PM »
Does he do so within this reality or crossing into another reality?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »
Does he do so within this reality or crossing into another reality?

Yes.