Author Topic: Unsolved Mystery Book12 Members only cloaks  (Read 10608 times)

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mystery Book12 Members only cloaks
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2017, 02:13:38 AM »
I think the Grey Council would go counter to what Arthur is pushing in the White Council, so I don't think he's in it.

The guy always has three plans, a main plan, a back-up and an ace in the hole.

Everything he is pushing in the White Council being the main plan and the Grey Council being his backup, in general, works for me.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2017, 02:14:22 AM »
We don't laugh at people here; we laugh with people.

We laugh near people.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2017, 02:16:23 AM »
I believe that, based on their "on screen" interactions, Arthur would not put himself under Ebenezar's lead. 

I'll find that convincing when they have similar interactions without knowing Harry is witnessing them.  Everything we see between them works equally well as competent plausible deniability for me.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2017, 02:17:14 AM »
Because when you want someone. You want them around you all the time.

..gosh, some people are way less introverted than me.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 02:20:38 AM »
Many supporters of Harry, I think, were incarcarated by Cristos.

I feel like I am completing a bingo card of my favourite things we have no real evidence for, today. 

I strongly suspect Peace Talks will resolve my conviction that the apparent incapacitation of the White Council through disease and internal conflict during Changes is all made up to manipulate Harry to take more desperate measures in seeking support, but I reserve the right to believe in it until and unless it is textually confirmed wrong.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 06:08:12 AM »
..gosh, some people are way less introverted than me.
Actually, I am introverted but I am also a romantic. One person in my life is all I need.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2017, 06:10:20 AM »
I feel like I am completing a bingo card of my favourite things we have no real evidence for, today. 

I strongly suspect Peace Talks will resolve my conviction that the apparent incapacitation of the White Council through disease and internal conflict during Changes is all made up to manipulate Harry to take more desperate measures in seeking support, but I reserve the right to believe in it until and unless it is textually confirmed wrong.
Harry hasn't had much opportunity to hang with his peeps on the WC and get the skinny on recent events.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »
Many supporters of Harry, I think, were incarcarated by Cristos.

I agree, but not by specific design; I think that the people who were likely to have supported Harry would have also been adversarial to Cristos's agenda, and were taken out of play, like Carlos and Listens-to-Wind.

Harry hasn't had much opportunity to hang with his peeps on the WC and get the skinny on recent events.

Yeah, it's a little strange to me that Harry apparently hasn't spoken to Ebenezer, considering their post-revelation relationship upgrade to actual family. Harry's always been a bit zealous about having family in the first place (understandably, of course, considering his history), so I found it odd that he didn't have Murphy or Thomas reach out to Ebenezer and have him visit Demonreach over the last year. At least, none that was mentioned. On a meta level, it makes perfect sense, because there wasn't time for it in Cold Days, and Skin Game was already stuffed to the gills with fanservice about Michael and Butters, and Eb had already taken a prominent enough role in Turn Coat and Changes. I also further presume that Jim wanted to show their first post-assassination meeting rather than have it happen off-page, so I get it, but it seems out of place in the context of the story, what with a year passing since his death was officially undone by Rashid.

But he did have a new staff, and Eb promised to give him a new "blank," so maybe it just wasn't mentioned? I don't know.

Anyway, Peace Talks is going to have a lot more Council stuff, which I'm happy about.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2017, 04:20:01 PM »

But he did have a new staff, and Eb promised to give him a new "blank," so maybe it just wasn't mentioned? I don't know.

Anyway, Peace Talks is going to have a lot more Council stuff, which I'm happy about.

If I remember correctly the new staff was stated as being carved from a tree on Demonreach (oak maybe). I don't think Eb has visited him yet and I agree that it should be shown on page. I agree with wanting to see more Council stuff in Peace Talks. Should be an opportunity to set some things up for the last section of the series.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2017, 07:43:32 PM »
Actually, I am introverted but I am also a romantic. One person in my life is all I need.

I have several wonderful people I love, I just work much better with most of them seeing them for brief intense bursts between large spans of more alone time.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »

I would like to have more information on how much him hiding away on Demonreach was enforced on him and how much it was his choice.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 07:18:31 AM »
I would like to have more information on how much him hiding away on Demonreach was enforced on him and how much it was his choice.

Mab told Harry that she actively worked (changing/delaying messages and manipulating weather) at isolating him on Demonreach in order to delay the removal of the parasite and coerce him to fulfill a request.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2017, 08:25:19 PM »
Not that he fought that hard at leaving the island.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2017, 08:31:40 PM »
Not that he fought that hard at leaving the island.
He very hard tried to contact Molly.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2017, 08:36:25 PM »
That he did. Was she really the old person he trusted to handle this.
Make Mine Butcher!