Author Topic: Unsolved Mystery Book12 Members only cloaks  (Read 10622 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mystery Book12 Members only cloaks
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 07:19:42 PM »
The main reason I'd say Mavra was NOT a member is that she was in support of the Rampire court in Grave Peril.

Another reason is Ebenzar's hatred of Vampires in general.  I don't think he'd welcome her on the team.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 07:24:30 PM »
The main reason I'd say Mavra was NOT a member is that she was in support of the Rampire court in Grave Peril.

Another reason is Ebenzar's hatred of Vampires in general.  I don't think he'd welcome her on the team.

Technically Thomas was present in support of the Rampire court in Grave Peril as well. I agree completely about Eb's hatred of vampires probably ruling her out of the Grey Council.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 07:32:50 PM »
But Thomas hadn't been working with Bianca, the one who was getting a promotion, on magic for weeks.

He was a reluctant participant.  Kind of like Harry.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 07:34:49 PM »
I've always wondered why Thomas decided to bring Justine into the "lion's den" given his protectiveness of her later on in the series. She was needed in order to move the events of the book along and get Thomas and Harry together, but it seems like an uncharacteristic decision of Thomas.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
She was Thomas' +1 and protected under the Accords.  As long as they both behaved, there is no reason NOT to bring her.  And it's a calculated insult to Bianca.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 11:17:13 PM »
I can see Klaus and Chandler as Grey Council. I know Carlos got himself arrested. Maybe, Wild Bill, but he is young.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 11:21:08 PM »
She was Thomas' +1 and protected under the Accords.  As long as they both behaved, there is no reason NOT to bring her.  And it's a calculated insult to Bianca.
At the party Thomas tells Harry that Bianca holds a grudge against him because in her view he "poached" Justine away from her. That is enough to make him wary of her. In addition, Justine later asks for Harry's help getting her and Thomas out of the party which implies that they strongly suspected a trap taking place. I still cannot understand why Thomas would bring Justine into a situation like this.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 11:54:31 PM »
Because when you want someone. You want them around you all the time.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 02:52:27 PM »
also, Talby, because Thomas IS White court.  He can't help scheming and maneuvering.  Having Justine there shows he won ... so far.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 09:22:48 PM »
also, Talby, because Thomas IS White court.  He can't help scheming and maneuvering.  Having Justine there shows he won ... so far.

That is an excellent point I had not considered. Subtly showing off your victory while remaining safe under the accords is very White Court.

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
I am going to put up a WAG for a member of the Grey Council:  Mavra.

Ok, hear me out: 
1)  She was going against (maybe on purpose, maybe not) Cowl and the Black Council to get the Word of Kemler and got our favorite PI on the case
2)  During her escape in Blood Rites, Ebeneezer is conveniently off screen when she escapes.
3)  I think she would want the status quo to be held, and prey still available, as opposed to the Apocalypse. 
4)  She's disappeared since Dead Beat which makes me think she's working behind the scenes (AKA Grey Council)

Feel free to point and laugh at my stupidity.  ;D

Mavra trained Bianca in magic to help her get revenge on Harry and she was also responsible for one of the most successful attempts on Harry's life - the flame thrower attack that was designed to get around his shields. If she is Grey Council, then the Grey Council is black. Also, Eb dropped a meteor on Ortega for trying to kill Harry, I don't think he would deliberately let Mavra walk away unscathed for the same offense.

I still cannot understand why Thomas would bring Justine into a situation like this.

Thomas had to go for political reasons, and Justine was at least as safe with him then being stashed somewhere alone where Bianca could send an agent after her while she is unprotected. Remember, Lord Raith was still in charge at the time, so the Raith property was not safe for her.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 06:25:40 PM »
That is an excellent point I had not considered. Subtly showing off your victory while remaining safe under the accords is very White Court.

I have my moments.  :D

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 06:08:34 PM »
I like to think the people who know that Maggie Sr was Eb’s daughter are on the Gray Council since he clearly trusts these people with some of this most intimate secrets. Eb seems to be a founding member of the GC, so it would make sense that he fills it up with the Wizards he trusts the most.

So far it’s just Odin & Rashid, but given the posse he brings to meet Harry before the White Council meeting in SK, Martha Liberty & LTW might also be part.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 12:01:53 AM »
I like to think the people who know that Maggie Sr was Eb’s daughter are on the Gray Council since he clearly trusts these people with some of this most intimate secrets. Eb seems to be a founding member of the GC, so it would make sense that he fills it up with the Wizards he trusts the most.

So far it’s just Odin & Rashid, but given the posse he brings to meet Harry before the White Council meeting in SK, Martha Liberty & LTW might also be part.

You know, that's an excellent point.  I'd expect Martha Liberty and LTW to be members too, even if they couldn't be there.  I know LTW was sick, but I don't remember a mention of Martha.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2017, 09:10:38 PM »
Many supporters of Harry, I think, were incarcarated by Cristos.
Make Mine Butcher!