Author Topic: Watcher from an Outsiders perspective?  (Read 3265 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Watcher from an Outsiders perspective?
« on: December 18, 2017, 07:49:18 PM »
Alright I think myself and others have tried to figure out Mac's identity because he was called a watcher.  However the term we have been searching for has been based on human lore.  What about from one of the Outsiders perspective?  From a creature from the Outside, what does "watcher" mean?  Could it mean the angels who seem to watch, but not interfere?  Someone like Rashid who watches the Outer Gates?  From the perspective of an Outsider, or more specifically a Walker, what do you think the term "watcher" means?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Watcher from an Outsiders perspective?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »
Lol, add in the idea if N is on the other side of Mirrors, by keeping them about himself he's watching the other side all the time.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Watchers_Out_of_Time_and_Others

Perhaps (see last short story)?  Writing is a bit derivative (and's not Lovecraft himself), but nevertheless...
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 06:58:29 PM »
I think he COULD be TWG.  He's restricted in the use of his power, like the mothers.

Further, I think he WAS an Outsider.  The one who created our reality.  The others don't like it and are trying to destroy it.  That is why he knows about them.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 07:37:22 PM »
I think he COULD be TWG.  He's restricted in the use of his power, like the mothers.

Further, I think he WAS an Outsider.  The one who created our reality.  The others don't like it and are trying to destroy it.  That is why he knows about them.
Damn raisins, you said what I wouldn't(cause then people would argue me over it lol). TWC/TWG as the definer of reality is precisely what I see him as especially in light of the 'son of the chief physician' thing, and every other creator god mythos that could feasibly lead back to him. He's not restricted so much as he made a choice that defined reality, to stay out of mortal affairs, to allow freedom.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »
Damn raisins, you said what I wouldn't(cause then people would argue me over it lol). TWC/TWG as the definer of reality is precisely what I see him as especially in light of the 'son of the chief physician' thing, and every other creator god mythos that could feasibly lead back to him. He's not restricted so much as he made a choice that defined reality, to stay out of mortal affairs, to allow freedom.

The problem is his reaction to the Walker.  Jim has said for example that Nemesis isn't some all powerful thing.  Mab could remove it, and the Mothers are much more powerful that Mab.  Jim said something like Mab is a boulder, and a Mother is a mountain.  Before hit Mac with a psychic assault that disabled him.  Unless he was pretending, I think it's unlikely that a Walker could disable something that's power level exceeds Uriel's by a factor probably similar to Mab vs the Mother. 

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:45:17 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 08:57:01 PM »
The problem is his reaction to the Walker.  Jim has said for example that Nemesis isn't some all powerful thing.  Mab could remove it, and the Mothers are much more powerful that Mab.  Jim said something like Mab is a boulder, and a Mother is a mountain.  Before hit Mac with a psychic assault that disabled him.  Unless he was pretending, I think it's unlikely that a Walker could disable something that's power level exceeds Uriel's by a factor probably similar to Mab vs the Mother.
Think about a transubstantiated God though... I mean, you ever seen Dogma? A few Hockey sticks from Hell put him in a coma. Maybe he's so out his Grace(lmfao The Grace of God ;D ) is elsewhere? That's how Mac can do nothing more than a mortal and yet be potentially more powerful than anything.
*fyi, when you sleep your with your soul/spirit.... his healed him instantly.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:58:46 PM by jonas »

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 08:58:55 PM »
'son of the chief physician' thing

I've seen this a lot recently, but I'm unfamiliar with it. Where is this from, and what does it refer to?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 10:08:14 PM »
I've seen this a lot recently, but I'm unfamiliar with it. Where is this from, and what does it refer to?
It's a thread in the reference section here created by Eldest Gruff. Twas his finest work imo. I don't recall the particulars directly.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 08:02:00 PM »

You have to remember Mr. Ferro.  He took on a human form at Bianca's party so as to not crack the world.

I see something similar going on with Mac.  He's taken on a LOT of limitations so as to not injure reality.  Further, he may have been hurt by an outsider (Before) because he CAN be hurt.  They are both "outsiders".  Therefore he is vulnerable to them.  This doesn't mean he can't beat them, just that he could be effected by them.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 02:22:08 PM »
You have to remember Mr. Ferro.  He took on a human form at Bianca's party so as to not crack the world.

I see something similar going on with Mac.  He's taken on a LOT of limitations so as to not injure reality.  Further, he may have been hurt by an outsider (Before) because he CAN be hurt.  They are both "outsiders".  Therefore he is vulnerable to them.  This doesn't mean he can't beat them, just that he could be effected by them.

In fairness, Mr. Ferro still had enough power that he was able to floor Harry just by speaking half of his Name.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »
In fairness, Mr. Ferro still had enough power that he was able to floor Harry just by speaking half of his Name.

Absolutely.  But he isn't (potentially) the ultimate power of our reality.  It could be he just can't exercise any power like that.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 07:10:44 PM »

I don't see it that way.  Uriel for example still had access to his power.  There seems to be a genuine difference in how angels, and other's of power effect reality.  Uriel transferred his power to Michael, he had access to it.  His power is greater than Ferro, and yet Michael didn't harm reality while carrying Uriel's grace.