Author Topic: NewFound Relevant WOJ  (Read 5506 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
NewFound Relevant WOJ
« on: October 26, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »
Though that was from 2011 but it highly suggets some connection to Denarians like Serack suggested since book 20 follows the multiple of 5 format.
In what book will we find out who fixed Little Chicago?
Probably not until 19 or 20.  Since I'm a lazy writer, probably 20. I think that would be good for the last of the case files, so I'll hold off on that one.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:24:05 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: NewFound Relevant WOJ
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 11:20:16 PM »
I don't think Nickelheads are directly tied to Little Chicago. Each book usually has a few subplots twisting and mixing with the main plot.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 11:23:49 PM »
True. The top text above that quote was written a year ago, I just couldn't quote from my post. Thread had locked.
I made it into quote too.

But still, it's a WOJ I forgot I had seen. And, it is a mystery that has backstory that will be revealed near the end of case files when Faith Astor hires Harry for the last case that ends up kicking off the BAT.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:26:36 PM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 11:34:13 PM »
How old Do you think Harry is going to feel when he sees Faith in her 30s?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 01:08:43 AM »
This was a posting by Second Aristh after the Chandler WOJ hit the printing press.  I copied it over to my thread on Mab/Murphy, though it really isn't too germane unless he participated in the time travel event that allowed Murphy to work her 'magic' in knocking off a prior Lady.

Quote from: Second Aristh on July 10, 2016, 04:00:36 PM
This is one of the more interesting new WoJ from yesterday.  It's only fitting that the most British character in the DV so far is associated with time magic.  In hindsight, we could have probably guessed this based off Doctor Who, Big Ben, and Jim's sense of irony. 
So, based on this I'm going to make a WAG that Chandler will be Harry's companion/sidekick in the time travel book (crosses fingers in the hopes that it's titled Second Chance).  While we're at it, it seems that Chandler as the British prisoner in Demonreach is a valid possibility as well if Chandler needed to wait out some time shenanigans.

Am I the only one that didn't realize that Chandler was part of the young faction of wardens?
This link has the actual WOJ.
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,50304.msg2292743.html#msg2292743
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:13:41 AM by raidem »

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 03:29:08 AM »
Since it has been shown that the outer gates are a location in the never never, I have always wondered if the "river of time" and "borders of life" are similar locations. It would makes sense if the gatekeeper watches over the gates, a wizard who has an ability with time, would be the caretaker for the river of time.
k moinuddin

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 08:00:12 AM »
The "river of time" surrounds the outer gates like a moat?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 01:25:38 PM »
I'd think it more likely that it surrounds or lies near Yggdrasil. There are three wells beneath Yggdrasil's roots. Some think two of these wells are Winter's Well, Summer's Well, other?  It also makes sense that this river be near Yggdrasil because it would be close to the Fates too.

I like to think that Demonreach since it was created via complex time travel, that it's likely lies near a time nexus where such things are easily/more easily created.  Demonreach also has very deep roots so there is some similarity or suggestion that it may have links to Yggdrasil.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 06:10:47 PM »
Ohhhh ... you know what ...

If it is Chandler, maybe he's in DR because of the Black Magic Taint He incurred taking Harry back in time.  And being imprisoned in DR is his way of paying the debt.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »
I don't think Nickelheads are directly tied to Little Chicago. Each book usually has a few subplots twisting and mixing with the main plot.

Uriel or another Angel perhaps?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 06:48:23 PM »
Ohhhh ... you know what ...

If it is Chandler, maybe he's in DR because of the Black Magic Taint He incurred taking Harry back in time.  And being imprisoned in DR is his way of paying the debt.
Sounds good.  Maybe Harry will end up placing the Swords next to Him helping cure him of the taint.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 07:06:46 PM »
Sounds good.  Maybe Harry will end up placing the Swords next to Him helping cure him of the taint.

Or the shroud?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 07:58:42 PM »
In what book will we find out who fixed Little Chicago?
Probably not until 19 or 20.  Since I'm a lazy writer, probably 20. I think that would be good for the last of the case files, so I'll hold off on that one.

This suggests one possibility.   That Harry will not time travel until book 20.  if true, then it is probably what Harry does when time traveling that kicks off the final trilogy.   Fun explosions all the way down the timeline! 

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 08:45:18 PM »
Yeah, I had said such in the original thread where I posted that WOJ. 
I hadn't yet posted that connection to time travel in this thread. But, it is more and more likely that time travel, perhaps even a denarian, will be involved in the revisiting of LC.  We do know that denarians were involved in the attack on PG. So Harry might need to team up with a denarian, knowingly or not, in time traveling to PG.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 09:12:17 PM »
Since it has been shown that the outer gates are a location in the never never, I have always wondered if the "river of time" and "borders of life" are similar locations. It would makes sense if the gatekeeper watches over the gates, a wizard who has an ability with time, would be the caretaker for the river of time.
GK domain is the moon though... not that I can think of it being specifically tied to time... to magic, to...tides? to being technically outside earth's domain... Time I think is Uriel and to a lesser extent now, Odins.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.