Poll

Harry is most like (Batman or Superman)?

Batman
4 (36.4%)
Superman
0 (0%)
Green Lantern
5 (45.5%)
Green Arrow
1 (9.1%)
Flash
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Harry is most like (Favourite DC superhero)?  (Read 5893 times)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Harry is most like (Favourite DC superhero)?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 04:29:23 AM »
To further my analogy I add number 4: Whoever the Green Lantern is (Jordan, Stewart, Raynor), he belongs to an organization tasked with maintaining order. Each lantern draws power from a similar place and uses their will to shape it according to the situation they find themselves in. The power comes from a similar place, but it expresses itself in different ways according to each individual lantern. Now reread that paragraph and substitute wizard for lantern. Pretty close resemblance in my opinion.

To add to this, like most Lanterns Harry is an idiot that 90% of the time makes the worst/least effective possible use of his abilities

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
I'd have to go with Green Lantern as well.  Though honestly, I don't know much about them.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 10:47:01 PM »
Yeah, Lanterns start getting complicated when they bring in the other color rings.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »
Batmans always the underdog, but through the same wizardly virtues of foresight and planning ahead both utilize methods to take down their foes and track their targets. One has magic, the other technology. Neither is naturally powerfully physically or resilient and yet often they must battle those that are, and ally themselves with them to even the field.
Bat's legend is well maintained while Harry's just hitting his stride, The money is less of an issue now and could be even less so easily, and he's getting a little smarter every book. He actually preempted Nic AND Andurial in SG. Soon he'll make it look easy vs lesser fae queens and minor vampire courts lol.
*Batman's only overated because your thinking in the now, where he's everywhere and can beat anyone. He underdogs it all the time, think his comics lasted this long because he's just so overwhelmingly powerful? He thumbs his nose at the more powerful beings and thinks nobody should die meaninglessly, just like our resident Wizard P.I(both private investigators too)

I love Batman. He is one of my top 5 superheroes and could easily be my number 1 depending on the day/story. That being said, whole storylines are built just to be resolved by Batman pulling out the perfect gadget from his belt in order to show his forethought and planning ability. I don't think he is an underdog anymore. Certain stories may place him in situations where he is at the disadvantage, but as a whole he has been built up into the guy who knows more than anyone else and is always 2 steps ahead of the bad guys.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 02:27:25 PM »
In that case, Harry is not Batman. Most books involve Harry playing catchup.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 02:39:09 PM »
In that case, Harry is not Batman. Most books involve Harry playing catchup.

Exactly. Harry and Batman are both great detectives and are able to use logic quite effectively. However, Harry does not have Batman's ability to stay two steps ahead and plan for every eventuality in my opinion.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »
SG was a rare time when Harry anticipated his opponent and acted accordingly.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 05:08:17 PM »
I love Batman. He is one of my top 5 superheroes and could easily be my number 1 depending on the day/story. That being said, whole storylines are built just to be resolved by Batman pulling out the perfect gadget from his belt in order to show his forethought and planning ability.
Game OVER man, Game over!? ...or pretty much any tracking spell or one off gadget that just appears whenever Jim needs Harry to suddenly recharge his energy like a bear
I don't think he is an underdog anymore. Certain stories may place him in situations where he is at the disadvantage, but as a whole he has been built up into the guy who knows more than anyone else and is always 2 steps ahead of the bad guys.
You just made my point for me, he's been built up into the guy who.... does everything a wizard does? Is already where Harry is headed toward? Compares favorably as Odin to Harry's Robin lol?
Let me ask you this, when was the last time you had a healthy dose of pure Bat's? No other hero's clogging up the story? Or are you talking about movies where he's a well established entity who has decades of on the job experience? need to read some batman year one, or watch gotham... heck even the 90's cartoon.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2017, 05:15:57 PM »
Well, so far, nobody thinks that Harry is like Superman.
Make Mine Butcher!