Author Topic: NewFound Relevant WOJ  (Read 5510 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: NewFound Relevant WOJ
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2017, 12:23:37 AM »
Has anyont thought that the conversation with the Brit might be an author divised distraction from one of the other inmates mentioned?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2017, 12:33:12 AM »
Jim highlights the prisoner as being important, so not really.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 12:44:41 AM »
Good enough for me. Just an afterthought about intentional distraction.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 01:26:31 AM »
We can only have so much read into things. All of the rest needs to fit in 9 books.
6 more cases + BAT

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »
Shoot, I have reread so many times that I have moved past reading between the lines to reading between the letters.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »
Ok, I have a problem with this WOJ. Many theories are based off the belief that Jim agreed with what the questioner posed, namely that the "Sidhe and Mab came from origins like Toot Toot" or more particularly that "Mab came from origins like Toot Toot."  The issue with that is Jim never said this in this WOJ, he never exactly said that in the WOJ that is similar to this.  We only assume Jim agreed with the Mab was Toot Toot size, which we know is contradicted both by Mab was human once, and that the original Mab participated in an event along with other Queens to establish their base of power using the Stone Table.  It is our faulty assumption that assumed Mab was ever Toot Toot size.

Q: You've previously said that the Sidhe and Mab came from origins like Toot Toot and kind of took on responsibility and grew.  You've also said that every single Fae have come from mortal origins like changelings and Scions and stuff.  Could you reconcile these two apparently contradictory origins?
A: I could but I won't *sing song* I'm not gonna tell you.*  The Sidhe were created for a reason though.  They were created specifically by certain agents who no longer had as much influence on the world as they once did.  I've hinted at that in some previous books and I'll leave it at that and I'll leave the rest to you.  That's perfectly enough material to come up with fan crack theory.  And fan crack theory is awesome.   I love reading fan crack theory.  I will go through occasionally and look at the crack theory boards, and it's like excellent.    And occasionally its like 'ooh that's actually better than what I had planned..."

Other pertinent WOJ's that tie into argument.
5. cowl with darkhallow - really? just a bunch of spirits...
If he'd succeeded, he'd have had the collective power of all of those supernatural beings and then some.  He'd have been clearly stronger than the Ladies, and a full-on equal to Mab.  I mean, why do you think the Erlking was summoned as part of that ritual?  Because that's how the big E got so boss in the first place.  :) 
For that matter, how do you think the Mothers and Queens and Ladies established their original base of power?  That big old sacrificial, power-sucking stone table in Tir na noth isn't there for its primitive decorative aesthetic.

Sidhe having Toot Toot like origins in general is correct.
Anyway Toot Toot's been growing because that's where the Sidhe came from to begin with.  They weren't always all tall and glamorous, they kind of got that way.

Again, Toot gets big from influence in the world similar to the sidhe. Jim mentions Mab wasn't always as big as she is now. (I distinctly remember a smiley face here for some reason) Anyways, this is where people jump to the conclusion that Mab was a tiny fairie as Shakespeare once described. It's a faulty assumption.  We now have WOJ- that says "Shakespeare didn't know what he was talking about." This was a general statement by Jim so not specific to any one thing but I think we can safely assume Shakespeare didn't accurately depict the nature of Faerie.

Q:  How big will Toot get?
A:  Depends on how much influence he has in the world.  That’s how the sidhe gain their size and power.  Mab wasn’t always as big as she is now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:59:01 PM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 08:51:19 PM »
Maybe the Fae are the blending of certain spirits of imagination and mortal beings to where some exists in dual states to varying degrees. Cat Sith could never be Mab but Mab could never be Cat Sith. The more that a Fae is like Cat Sith the easier it is to control and the more a Fae is like Mab than the harder it is to control. I feel like I am circling the truth without seeing what it is.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »
Basically I'm saying is people have assumed from the first WOJ that Jim agreed with everything the Questioner said Jim said.  There is a distinction when it comes to Mab.  People have commented on the apparent contradiction regarding Mab, but it isn't a contradiction if Jim didn't actually agree with that specific part.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2017, 08:57:13 PM »
The Queens seem to be seperate from the rest of the Fae. Even the Erlking seems more closely related to other Fae than the Queens.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2017, 09:00:29 PM »
Read this, I included it above.
Again, Toot gets big from influence in the world similar to the sidhe. Jim mentions Mab wasn't always as big as she is now. (I distinctly remember a smiley face here for some reason) Anyways, this is where people jump to the conclusion that Mab was a tiny fairie as Shakespeare once described. It's a faulty assumption.  We now have WOJ- that says "Shakespeare didn't know what he was talking about." This was a general statement by Jim so not specific to any one thing but I think we can safely assume Shakespeare didn't accurately depict the nature of Faerie.
A:  Depends on how much influence he has in the world.  That’s how the sidhe gain their size and power.  Mab wasn’t always as big as she is now.

I have more to say regarding your reply.  I'll add it here...
The Queens seem to be seperate from the rest of the Fae. Even the Erlking seems more closely related to other Fae than the Queens
There is one WOJ that pertains to this. Let me get it. It has humans being the origin of most of the Fae.
WOJ: Ok, do they automatically become Fae, do they lose their soul? The answer to that question is “sort of”. Um, it’s automatic, but not necessarily instant. Mab herself was human once, and she eventually became the, uh, the fun-loving Mab that we all know. So, a lot of it has to do with who you are when you go into it, because most of the Fae were human once. A lot were born as half-bloods and decided to become Fae and sort of automatically got their mantle for free, but all the other fae who were there, including the Erl and several others, who were at one point humans….So, a lot of this is going to depend on who they  might end up being, a lot of it depends on who they are going into it and what kind of will they have to maintain who they are. That’s going to be a big deal. I’m really looking forward to writing the next books so I can see what happens with Molly, ‘cause I’m really not sure yet, I have a vague idea of what’s gonna happen, because basically she just got handed the largest, unruliest crowd of little brothers and sisters to deal with ever.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:08:37 PM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »
I know that believe that there is a strong possibility that Murphy of the present becomes Mab in the past. I respect that. But, I also know that men and women were a few inches shorter over 1000 years ago. And, while it seems that Harry has grown a couple of inches past the age of maturity; it is entirely likely a corresponding action occured with Mab. Maybe a significant increase in power reguires a significant increase in the body that wields that power. Maybe frequent exposure to the Nevernever could be a cause as well. Look at Rashid, he spends most of his time at the gates and he is taller than Harry.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2017, 09:15:57 PM »
You are referring to this WOJ somewhat.

Yes, if Mab=Murphy true then Jim may be giving a clue to us, with ironic humor, that Mab's identity was a short/small one, aka Tiny. Some then didn't get the 'clue' and believed he meant Mab was Toot Toot like, I took it as a reference to Murphy instead. I like your explanation of how Murphy would grow in size. I view it, in combination with your explanation, as the Queen mantle altering Murphy's genetics, biology, to make her in fact the Mab archetype.  It's sort of how Summer Lady mantle morphs Lily into looking like Aurora.

So, it could also explain why Maeve and Sarissa wouldn't look like Murphy necessarily. Murphy would have already been Mab 750+ years for the mantle to shape her genetics, biology. So her kids would look very close to an archetype of a Faerie Princess with the caveat that they had a mortal father.  Therefore, her kids (Sarissa and Maeve) when they chose and while wielding a mantle wouldn't change so much in appearance as they had very strong exposure to Fae genetics.

Crap, I have to move this over to Mab/Ironies. Posts and Discussion Moved.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:26:34 PM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 09:21:07 AM »
I have always had this weird feeling that the Fae were dreams made real and that the Queens were mortals that stepped into the dream and became a part of the dream just more real due to their mortal connections.
Make Mine Butcher!