Author Topic: Best WAGs about the series so far?  (Read 2859 times)

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Best WAGs about the series so far?
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:41:42 PM »
Between the Great Migration coming in the next few months & reading some of Jonas’ WAGs, Ive started thinking again about some of the secrets remaining in the Dresden Files universe - it’s honestly one of the reasons I love this site. Some of the WAGs have been incredibly well thought out with some really interesting/ cool ideas (such as Team UMO).

What are some of your favorite WAGs about the series so far?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:46:12 PM by kbrizzle »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Best WAGs about the series so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 12:41:19 AM »
I'm tired.  Anything time travel :)
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline beetnemesis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:13:57 PM »
Honestly, I don't like most of them.

It probably makes me a stick in the mud, but it's just so exhausting to read stuff like "What if Mab is really Murphy?"

The only near crazy theory I subscribe to is that we'll have a book where Harry time travels... and that's based off an (admittedly non-specific) statement from Butcher.  Would make a lot of sense, though- and could neatly wrap up the "minor-but-unresolved" issues in Proven Guilty.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:13:39 PM »
Anything Cowl and Kumori related.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 11:11:08 PM »
It probably makes me a stick in the mud, but it's just so exhausting to read stuff like "What if Mab is really Murphy?"
You and some or most others. Though I do get from some that my theories are entertaining.  One person though, they can't even handle a few of my wag's before they are pm'ing me in discord reddit calling me a * troll.
Let's be clear there was an original theory that mine is loosely based on.  And, she had a gift at foretelling Jim's prior series and getting close to the mark with this one regarding Molly and Winter.  Here is Ms. Duck's theory that closely aligns with mine but with Murphy replacing Molly.
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,32663.msg1452169.html#msg1452169
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:13:43 PM by raidem »

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »
I forget who said it, but I saw one that said that basically Outsiders and Angels are both the only copies of themselves in the multiverse—meaning that there is no alternate Uriel or He Who Walks Behind in the Mirror, Mirror universe; if Harry were to meet them there, they'd be the same one from his universe. It makes a whole lot of sense and provides a lot of context for Harry's feeling that He Who Walks Before isn't bigger in terms of power, but Deeper.

I also like the WAG about Drakul being an Outsider. Mostly because it plays into my pet theory that the Outsiders have their own traitor amongst them, and that Drakul has decided that he likes this reality enough to fight against them—or at least not alongside them.

Anything involving the British prisoner on Demonreach is fun, too. Lots of King Arthur ideas. Personally, I think it's Arthur himself; it fits with the idea of King Arthur's eventual messianic return when Britain needs him most. He's just a guy in a stone, rather than a sword.

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 03:43:20 PM »
@raidem

I do like the time travel WAGs & Ms. Duck’s stuff was pretty amazing a few books ago when she wrote them (I wonder if she has any updates). Not sure if I agree with the Murphy as future-Fae theory because I like Murphy, Mab & Molly as separate independent characters with their own arcs but Jim does like to screw with us :-(

@Kindler

Yeah I like that theory too - that while mortals etc might have counterparts in the other universes, but the Outsiders & their foils, Angels are constant throughout the multiverse. Good call on connecting it to Harry’s thoughts on HWWBefore in Cold Days! Hadn’t thought of it like that!

My theory is that Drakul’s dad is an earlier attempt at Nfecting dragons that went awry -the Outsider ends up trapped in our reality & its’ rules. So he fathers Drakul in an attempt to influence the mortal world - the Black Court therefore is unknowingly or perhaps knowingly working as agents of the Outsiders (which has interesting implications for Mavra & the events of Dead Beat).
This ties into another WAG on here about how necromancy & the Black Court are connected because of their relationship with death, which is the antithesis to Harry/ White Council’s magic use based on life. Not to mention the cold, sickening feelings Harry has whenever he encounters such magic.

I like the thought of the British guy being Arthur, but I personally believe it’s Gawain/ Galahad (since he was the purest knight of the round table - the only once capable of handling the Holy Grail)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 04:35:07 PM »
The difference between mine and Rai's there is largely, Molly as Mab took on Murphy's, as Nemesis's original identity on top of her own. Literally Nemesis/Lachesis broken down into two courts to prevent an outside mirror.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 04:51:03 PM »
Well, I had the IN vs. OUT Theory.  This theory proposes that there are a set of nemfected, or Outsider won or nearly won alternate realities.
 Then, there would be a set of say mantles that would be OUT (compromised or nemfected but perhaps still struggling) and IN (mostly free from contagion but fighting).  Within this IN and OUT would be a IN MAB and a OUT MAB representing a set of alternate realities that align with either Outsider majority owned reality or Insider majority owned reality.  Murphy would be part of this IN MAB construct across alternate realities but with functionality coming more and more online as she approaches the avg time of her ascension, or at least pass the time of her original birth, key events, past time travel event, or future ascension event, etc.
This imagines that Murphy will play a GAME against an OUT MAB.

This theory allows for a showdown between true Mirror Mirror mega-universes, one that is IN and one that is OUT.  Mirror Mirror would just be a tiny version of this but fairly close to the fulcrum of say a V of the expansive continuum.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:01:54 PM by raidem »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »
Well, I had the IN vs. OUT Theory.  This theory proposes that there are a set of nemfected, or Outsider won or nearly won alternate realities.
That's... not how it works exactly. It that the Universe itself remembers, and those things that are not bere were are a firm part of 'outside' what exists as reality. they get lumped together by amalgamation in 'outside'... Somehow utilizing starborn status as the seed of what the universe connects all together. This is why Hwwb4 has a memory of Harry failing and tortured by Mab, if he'd become the WK the first time she asked, that's were that's where he would have ended up, likely to the whole universes demise. Part of what Harry does in MM springing reality to reality is reverse his original failures/deaths.

So... in a way all In vs Out isn't wrong, it's just limited. there are no alternate realities left after they 'won', and yes... they go back into the endlessly dividing shadow that mirrors reality ???
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 06:47:05 PM »
I think it's a creep one alternate reality at a time, but using extremely compromised but non destroyed one's to sabotage the next, like some sort of ongoing dominoes.