Author Topic: What I know about Dresden Files, spoilers to end of books  (Read 8833 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What I know about Dresden Files, spoilers to end of books
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 12:27:17 PM »
Was that the first time in Harry's life that he conversed with IDHarry? Weird.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »
"What happened at the police station wasn't your fault."
"Like hell it wasn't," I snarled. "If I'd have been faster, gotten there sooner, or if I'd told her the truth from the beginning-"
"But you didn't," my double interjected. "And you had some pretty damned compelling reasons not to. Ease up on yourself, man. You can't change the past."
"Easy for you to say," I snarled.
"No, it isn't," my double said quietly.
"Concentrate on what you will do, not what you should have done. You've been trying to protect Murphy all along, instead of making her able to protect herself. She's going to be fighting these kinds of things, Harry, and you won't always be there to baby-sit her. Instead of trying to play shepherd, you need to play coach, and get her into shape to do what she needs to do."
"But that means-"
"Telling her everything," my double said. "The White Council, the Nevernever, all of it."
"The Council won't like it. If I tell her and they hear about it, they might consider her a security risk."
"And if you don't make her able to understand what she's fighting, something's going to eat her face some dark night. Murphy's a big girl. The Council had better be careful if they decide to go messing with her." My double considered Murphy for a moment. "You should ask her out sometime, too."
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 04:41:30 PM »
D@MN,  that IS some heavy fore-shadowing. Now I will have to re-read that conversation and other again.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 06:13:51 PM »
I have heard IDHarry as being many things. Some possibilities are Harry's subconscious, Future Harry, and another possibility is Dumorne's remnant either as mental projection (horcrux-type) or ghost. Anyone have any other possibilities as to who IDHarry is?
The collective subconscious, also MMHarry. It's not a coincidence they are exact opposites andMMHarry looks like ID, anymore then the fairie queens being opposite is coincidence.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 10:13:01 PM »
Thought you were done here bro? Had already responded to this before you decided to come back and start trouble, move it along, thnxs.
Check the recent announcements, think it was Cilla making a second hand comment on what he said. Drive by trolling is actually a thing, calls it like I see's it. 1st response directly questions my sanity and otherwise demeans me with this tin foil silliness.

We don't all live at our keyboards. But calling me a troll for questioning the way you present theory as fact, and then playing victim when I call BS, is still in fact BS. If you want to be treated with respect you need to do the same. So no, I will not "move it along." Thanks.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 11:07:53 PM »
We don't all live at our keyboards. But calling me a troll for questioning the way you present theory as fact, and then playing victim when I call BS, is still in fact BS. If you want to be treated with respect you need to do the same. So no, I will not "move it along." Thanks.
Yes,  thank you, move it along. All you've done since post one here is stir the pot. Considering you posted 30 times in 6 yrs you coming so hard and strong in this one instance seems kindsa odd ??? but who am I to see your hidden motives...
We have now reached level 11 Tin Foil Hat status...good grief Jim, get the damn book out before there's no sane ones left.
You call a dog a dog, a rose by any other name, ect, ect... Why so Serious?
Here, i'll make it supremely easy on both of us and I won't even have to bother a higher power to get'er done.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:31:08 PM by jonas »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 08:30:52 PM »
Hi Jonas,
Ive enjoyed reading your posts as Sibelis & Wizard Nelson, so no surprise I found your “ What I know about the DResdenverse” post to be full of ideas that have made me think critically about the series again! A pity we can’t discuss this on the forum itself (for shame firn!!)

Would love to read some more of your WAGs!

Here are some of my thoughts/ questions on your points:
1: Really like this one - that the Walkers will mirror people in Harry’s life. I thought of Behind, Before & Beside as Justin, Elaine & Bonnie as Harry’s metaphorical parent, spouse & child. Really cool way of looking at this!
3: never thought of that! That Harry, like Merlin rescues & later uses the help of 4 alternate Harrys to create a pentagram across multiple realities/ time just like Merlin did to create Demonreach
6: I agree - Nic’s speech about controlling his Fallen instead of the other way around in Skin Game was highly suspicious & arrogant. Not to mention sacrificing his only daughter for such an ephemeral prize are almost surprising. What do you mean by he’s not pure evil anymore? I always thought he was misunderstood a little. Clearly a megalomaniac, but probably has a point as to why he thinks the way he does
7: Interesting thought! I do believe that Mab will die before book 21 but never considered how. I really like the ‘symmetry’ of Harry killing her at her own request
8: This was confusing about Mac - are you saying that Mac was one of the Outsider walkers? Or one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse? What do you mean by the walkers, fae & KotC becoming one again?
9: What imbalance is being created by the Laws of Magic currently that is allowing the Outsiders to gain a foothold in our reality? There is the 7th Law against opening the Outer Gates but it seems like a good Law to have, no? I like the thought of how after Jesus, Satan was replaced by Nemesis as the main foe -how is Lillith connected?
10: Completely agree - the British dude is Gawain. Good reference points!
12: So you believe Mavra is definitely Nfected? And that Mavra wants to become alive again through the DH? Interesting on the 2nd part. I’ve definitely considered this but your 2nd point here about her wanting to be alive could explain why she was at cross purposes with Cowl in DB.
13: So you’re saying that Cowl is Justin who orchestrated the events at Archangel to get a newer body, take out the Brute Squad & the WC Ramp expert/ his former teacher? Very interesting, had not considered this. But why then would Cowl wonder about Harry in their first meeting in DB?

As I said, I really enjoy reading WAGs & your latest ones have started making me think about the series in a critical way again, so thanks for that & please keep up the good work!
8 Has to do with how the world metaphysics are set up, during TWC incident/ generation, the 4 horsemen and Nemesis/Lachesis/chooser of fate (whom is the same archetype/starborn as Gard, the chooser of the slain and Murphy, whom if you look actually has a lot to do with how the story plays out, very choosy) are all broken down into various parts of their power(grace into mantles?). Nemesis/Nortia is Titania/Mab combined, who also start to look like Kali and other destruction goddess's. They got the balance, the active power Lachesis used to make fate has no master now, but has many wielders, mortal wizards. Who wield the active powers of creation.(key point, Fae wield what's already there, like channelers. Mortal wizards have the same oomph of choice/free will souls have, hence why without soulfire Elaine could create magic that stayed while she left the NN and Aurora could not, her power had no will endowed in it. Also why Wizards effect tech, it's via laws of literal probability from the strength of their aura. Like ghosts as 'spirit callers'(Shagnasty) the magic they call isn't supposed to effect fate/free will, but as a piece of them goes out with it. Molly now sends that bit to the mantle and the mantle produces non free willed magic...
anyway... the 4 horsemen and N got fed to the stone table except for certain parts, the loom that spins fate, the teeth/mantles of memory stayed with MW, the consciousness went outside as walkers, the weapons of her chosen went to the KotC, see Nortia's Nails of fate. They made them the 3 weapons of the first 3 horsemen, they were fear, lust, terror now repurposed under the new regime of fate, free will(Uriel's basically death of this generation) The power they held went to the courts as well, the kings and queens combined make 4 mortal knights/ability to effect fate, the horses the queens ride in SK are the same colors as the horseman of apocalypse, ect. MW btw, IS the apocalypse.
9 The original jewish seraphim has Gaia as an angel with 'the satan' as our dark mirror, in imbalance he can act in this world. this is of course Sin in that regard, in the DF, along comes TWC redeems Sin and brings the satan inside as 'lucifer' the devil and gives him purpose here.(in myth he cedes his role as the accuser to Lilith his wife, aka Nemesis) Thus keeping the souls of the damned from empowering the outside/going to nonexistent existence. Mab came in as the WQ from the ice giant outsiders power fyi, so it's a running them the old generation is subsidized inside to new purpose and a new imbalance made.
So now the 7 sins are reformatted as the 7 laws of magic, and the wardens have the same job as the Warden always did, stop those that have found a way in.
13 Hadn't seen him since that fateful duel?