Author Topic: Marcone Manipulating Harry.  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone Manipulating Harry.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 10:48:01 AM »
Marcone got Harry to help an innocent ex employee get off and smack down a white court vamp and protect a little kid in Jury Duty short story by getting Harry on the Jury. Harry should remember to call in that favor marker when needed from Marcone.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 01:34:32 PM »
Marcone got Harry to help an innocent ex employee get off and smack down a white court vamp and protect a little kid in Jury Duty short story by getting Harry on the Jury. Harry should remember to call in that favor marker when needed from Marcone.

Jury Duty takes place after Skin Game right? In Skin Game Marcone tells Harry that their accounts are balanced so this would be a debt owed.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:46:40 PM by Talby16 »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 12:28:58 AM »
But, will Marcone see it as a notable favor?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 02:30:10 AM »
Only if he feels like it benefits him to do so.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 02:42:26 AM »
That sounds about right.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 02:47:53 PM »
Harry could make the case that Marcone used him (without consulting first) and should thus have some level of debt as a result.

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 06:06:52 PM »
Marcone did not ask Harry to save the person, so no real favor exists.   Harry could see that Marcone was using Harry to save his person.  Harry choose to do so -- but arguably he would have done so anyway even if the person had no ties to Marcone.  The method might have been different, but the outcome probably the same. 

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 06:54:47 PM »
Marcone can only exist in Harry's shadow.  Harry is the preeminent supernatural superpower in Chicago, and he allows Marcone to exist.  If Harry were gone for any significant time (such as the last few books) Marcone's power would degrade until it would eventually fail, and lord knows he only managed to become as powerful as he did because he had a safe place to grow into his current power.  Any other location and the local supernatural power would have smacked him down before he could marshal the defenses he can now.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 05:11:03 AM »
Marcone did not ask Harry to save the person, so no real favor exists.   Harry could see that Marcone was using Harry to save his person.  Harry choose to do so -- but arguably he would have done so anyway even if the person had no ties to Marcone.  The method might have been different, but the outcome probably the same.

Harry saved Marcone from the Denarians without be asked by Marcone. Marcone acknowledged the debt. Marcone manipulated Harry getting chosen for Jury Duty knowing Harry would ack. Harry would not have been on the Jury if Marcone did not get him on the Jury. It is a debt Marcone owes Harry. How big a debt it is, remains to be seen. Marcone is usually honorable about such things. That's how I see things.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »
Other than Jury Duty, I don't believe that Marcone has so much manipulated Harry as much as simply let Harry do his thing in such a manner as it benefited Marcone.

Harry was going to go after the Loup-Garou either way.  Saving Marcone's life was just what Harry was going to do anyway.

The whole Skin Game thing was more a manipulation by Mab than Marcone, and they weren't doing it to just Harry either.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---