Author Topic: Mirror Mirror Knights of the Cross  (Read 5882 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror Mirror Knights of the Cross
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 09:27:42 PM »
It's good to see you foxed.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Rhetoric

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 01:03:17 PM »
There's a cool bit of imagery from Small Favor that I don't see get brought up enough, from Marcone and Ivy's rescue.

Sanya has given his Knight's cloak to Marcone. Understandable, since it's cold. Harry takes a moment to mention how Sanya's large cloak doesn't fit Marcone's smaller frame. Then later we get to the moment Marcone and Ivy are winched up to the helicopter:

Quote from: Chapter 43
The line came down with a lift harness attached to it. “Marcone,” I shouted over the sound of the rotors and the minigun—which is to say, I was more or less mouthing it exaggeratedly. “You first. That was the deal.”

He shook his head and pointed his finger at Ivy.

I snarled and pushed the girl into his arms, then started slapping the harness over him. He got it after a second, and in a couple more we had him secured in the harness and holding the semiconscious Ivy tight against him. I gave Luccio the thumbs-up, and Marcone and Ivy went zipping gracefully up the line to the chopper, wrapped in the white cloak, the scarlet crosses on it standing out sharply in the winter light.

If such striking imagery--shown during a moment where Marcone is acting on his better morals--isn't some kind of foreshadowing, I don't know what it is.

... Nothing, is the answer. It could be absolutely nothing.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 03:29:32 PM »
I like Marcone as a Knight. I agree that it is actually not too far out of character for him. He already holds to a personal code that was developed through life experiences. A few different experiences and you get a different (better) code that allows him to be a Knight.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »
The most problematic drawback is that Marcone has a fiercely independant nature that buck at "heavenly" guidance.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 08:38:29 PM »
The most problematic drawback is that Marcone has a fiercely independant nature that buck at "heavenly" guidance.

Very true. However, if his newly developed code in MM aligns with the Knight's Purpose I think he would adapt. He would choose to view it as a partnership pursuing mutual goals than being subservient to a higher power.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »
Very true. However, if his newly developed code in MM aligns with the Knight's Purpose I think he would adapt. He would choose to view it as a partnership pursuing mutual goals than being subservient to a higher power.

Like, I know that Marcone is condescendingly arrogant, but I doubt he would be so much so as to think himself an equal partner to God Almighty.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 09:03:57 PM »
Like, I know that Marcone is condescendingly arrogant, but I doubt he would be so much so as to think himself an equal partner to God Almighty.

It was not my intention to imply Marcone would view himself as an equal in this hypothetical partnership. Marcone knows his own worth and what he can bring to the table. He would use his unique abilities/outlook to work towards a common goal/outcome as the White God.